💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga speaks out about George Floyd; Calls out Trump

AlwaysLoveGaga

Featured Posts

Zander

I'm in no position to say whether what she does is enough but someone of her wealth and celebrity status/power can do other things to show solidarity than physically be at protests. People should use that energy that their attacking her with on something a lot more productive. We shouldn't make the assumptions that she isn't currently doing anything more than a few tweets just because she's not posting on social media her plan.

She could donate and tweet how much she's donated and people would still criticise her that she didn't donate enough because she's worth $$$ or find someway to link it to her promoting her album. Not everyone discloses all of their donations / charitable efforts. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster
11 minutes ago, Zander said:

I'm in no position to say whether what she does is enough but someone of her wealth and celebrity status/power can do other things to show solidarity than physically be at protests. People should use that energy that their attacking her with on something a lot more productive. We shouldn't make the assumptions that she isn't currently doing anything more than a few tweets just because she's not posting on social media her plan.

She could donate and tweet how much she's donated and people would still criticise her that she didn't donate enough because she's worth $$$ or find someway to link it to her promoting her album. Not everyone discloses all of their donations / charitable efforts. 

THIS

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

IcePrincess

And that's how you should write this kind of things. Everyone was dragging me in this topic. And that's exactly what I meant

alsemanche
5 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

And that's how you should write this kind of things. Everyone was dragging me in this topic. And that's exactly what I meant

Get over your policing of how people express themselves, literally no one cares about how you want them to write. Writing "politely" doesn't make you or your point any better. Get. Over. It. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Skabi

i love how she said that she is scared that her words may enrage people even more, i think it conveys the feelings of many artists out there. she was simple and straight to the point, i really respect how she acknowledges that she is a privileged person! a really well worded statement.

Spoiler

i dislike how its become a "who talked first who second" kind of thing. i dislike seeing people ask celebrities to talk about george floyd just to say something. for example lana or nicki or whoever. these crimes are the chance to see who uses their platform and who doesnt but with the pressure from other fanbases and people its become a situation where SOME celebrities i feel like post something just so they are not the ones who didn't speak. i really dislike that. i feel like if fanbases didnt "cancel" famous people for not speaking it would be a great opportunity to see who cares about black lives and who dont.

Reality

She spoke so well and so articulately. I’m happy that she’s speaking out about this.

People are tired of this. More needs to be done. We are living in a corrupt world with a corrupt government, plain and simple. While it’s unfortunately more difficult to change a racist individual’s mindset, what can be done is changing a government and a corrupt police force that enables racism. Persecuted police officers that are racist and that have killed innocent lives of POC. Vote so that racist and bigoted politicians like Donald Trump never hold office again. Protest and spread the word about the injustices that are being done in this country. We need change and we just didn’t need it now, we needed it decades upon decades upon decades upon decades ago.

🃏🖤👹

thatfoxyfeeling

I find it ironic how people still criticise her and it's just like what have YOU done? :oprah:

blackpink

It doesn’t matter when you spoke out or how, as long as you’re using your platform of privilege to bring light to the systematic racism in your country to your supporters and stick up for what’s right as an ally, that’s all that matters. Trolls can use whatever excuse but she’s still using her platform to spread awareness and has been since Covid-19. 

She could maybe link a few places to where people can donate under the tweet, but other than that I’m happy she spoke out about it and went straight to the point. :applause:

HeavyCapiLover

She knew that whatever she would say she would get backlash. "But you promoted your album", "gaga is leftist", "you should go out protest you privilged woman"... People always have something to say about celebrities as if they were perfect and totally unproblematic. Gaga spoke very well.

lego
7 hours ago, God Control said:

The statement does appear to have a noble message but it’s so privileged and detached from reality.

Oh please. If you want to talk about tone-deaf and detached from reality, look no further than Madonna’s “tribute” post about this serious issue. 

FreePalestine

NathanC

Gaga has racist fans in this forum that supports trump. They should all be banned.

KennyRichie

‪There seems to be people here that feels entitled to tell other people what they should or shouldn’t be doing‬ or saying. Including to Gaga. What nerve.

Mr S

Even if you get rid of Trump, will it even make a difference? Wasn't this happening under Obama too. I don't know how to fix this. It's so sad.

Suuus
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

She probably feels like it's not her place to. At least she's a vocal ally, that's honestly all I ask of her :heart:

Agree and her medical conditions its probably not save to out there and corona is also still out there and gaga is very sesebtible to desease

Archived