💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga speaks out about George Floyd; Calls out Trump

AlwaysLoveGaga

Featured Posts

PartySick
1 minute ago, macca said:

why do you think you wouldn’t benefit for mandatory voting? I think it makes people do their research and vote accordingly. Australia and our sis NZ have quite good leadership currently.

I imagine most people would just go tick any box and be done with it without putting a bit of thought into who it is. I mean, they already care so little that they don't vote period. I can't imagine they'd take it seriously if they legally had to.

Plus 'Muricans don't like being told what to do. Source: our response to covid-19 :rip:

🖤

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hybrid AT
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Anyone who says there's no difference between these two is delusional imo

Trump: "....These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!"

I can't link the actual tweet :rip:

Trust me, there's a LOT of people who share this school of thought that Biden is equivalent to Trump. And as you said, that's a completely delusional thing to say with no basis in reality. But then again, some people do have certain privileges be it in terms of skin color, sexual identity, economic status etc. and it doesn't threaten their rights and lives so suddenly four more years of "when looting starts, shooting starts" becomes completely normal. Reminds me why I stopped engaging in political threads here :rip:

I'm out of this thread for now because the messiness is off the charts here. I'm just grateful to have an artist as politically outspoken as Lady Gaga amongst us. 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Girrr
4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I'm not taking any sides here, but I'm so tired of this "please don't reply I'm not debating".  You quoted him first and ended it with "watch a completely non-biased Netflix documentary followed by a book!". Get outta here with that....

As I just said in my latest reply to that user, I was providing guidance. But I sensed we would probably clash and wanted to avoid derailing this thread. I gave resources if the user had the time or cared enough to see where me (and many other users here) are coming from. I shouldn’t have ended the reply that way, I’ll give you that. 

and you did take a side by the way. 

macca
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I imagine most people would just go tick any box and be done with it without putting a bit of thought into who it is. I mean, they already care so little that they don't vote period. I can't imagine they'd take it seriously if they legally had to.

Plus 'Muricans don't like being told what to do. Source: our response to covid-19 :rip:

True I see your point. Such a shame. Move to Australia :ohwell:

macca
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I was going to say, you don’t think the people that are on the fence about voting would do the right thing if they had to? 

DavidLuis198
4 minutes ago, macca said:

Wow, that is insane to me living in AUS. Everyone needs to have their say. 

why do you think you wouldn’t benefit for mandatory voting? I think it makes people do their research and vote accordingly. Australia and our sis NZ have quite good leadership currently. (Look at our COVID cases) 

I'm from Brazil, and it doesn't always work, for example, a great part of people who voted for Bolsonaro did in spite of the other candidate being of a party they think were corrupt, and a lot of people just voted for him because he was 'funny' (being racist, sexist and homophobic is funny it seems) and 'say it like it is'. Also, a lot of people believed in fake news about the left wanting to establish communism on Brazil, or that schools were teaching kids to being gay... Of course a lot of people knew what they were doing voting for him, but a great parcel just didn't know best and went there to vote. The thing is, mandatory voting don't mean people will take their time to research and actually choose the best candidate

I don't know how to write in english

Spyro
2 minutes ago, Girrr said:

As I just said in my latest reply to that user, I was providing guidance. But I sensed we would probably clash and wanted to avoid derailing this thread. I gave resources if the user had the time or cared enough to see where me (and many other users here) are coming from. I shouldn’t have ended the reply that way, I’ll give you that. 

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.. this is a complex topic and GGD isn't the best platform to spew it and it could get exhausting quick.  I don't have an opinion on whether or not prisons should be abolished, but I appreciate your response and input.  

Spyro the Dragon

Girrr
Just now, Spyro said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.. this is a complex topic and GGD isn't the best platform to spew it and it could get exhausting quick.  I don't have an opinion on whether or not prisons should be abolished, but I appreciate your response and input.  

I know you said my sources were biased, but other than the cold hard facts regarding mass incarceration and institutionalized racism, most sources have bias. And that isn’t always a bad thing. I hope you’re able to form an opinion after doing your own research. Kudos for having a mature discussion, by the way. 
:nick:

macca
2 minutes ago, DavidLuis198 said:

I'm from Brazil, and it doesn't always work, for example, a great part of people who voted for Bolsonaro did in spite of the other candidate being of a party they think were corrupt, and a lot of people just voted for him because he was 'funny' (being racist, sexist and homophobic is funny it seems) and 'say it like it is'. Also, a lot of people believed in fake news about the left wanting to establish communism on Brazil, or that schools were teaching kids to being gay... Of course a lot of people knew what they were doing voting for him, but a great parcel just didn't know best and went there to vote. The thing is, mandatory voting don't mean people will take their time to research and actually choose the best candidate

This is honestly crazy to me. So people actually vote on comedy and not what’s best for the country/beliefs? Wtf.

PartySick
Just now, macca said:

I was going to say, you don’t think the people that are on the fence about voting would do the right thing if they had to? 

Would they know what the right thing is without researching? I mean, with Trump it's painfully obvious he is the wrong choice but say it was between two mundane politicians. Boring, professional, not exciting, but with hugely different stances on important issues.

And you're a guy who's annoyed that you're forced to come vote when you'd rather be home or anywhere else but a prescient line. You barely even know the guys' names, let alone what they stand for. And you don't care.

So you just check a box and get it over with.

I could be overly pessimistic here but I really do think a large chunk of Americans would do that. Definitely not a majority but it only takes an apathetic minority to send us into a backwards hell where civil rights and protections are on the chopping block :bradley:

🖤

LetsGetHigh

Trump: calls PoC "THUGS" and promotes violence against them

Some of y'all: wHy DiD sHe CriTiCizE TrUmP?

Read the ****ing room. 

Spyro
3 minutes ago, mauvais said:

For instance, you've posted a video of basically what I said her dad should do, so we're not in full disagreement! I just think cops who do this should also quit! Further, I'd say most people want crime rates to drop, making them ipo facto prison abolitionists, but of course a world without crime would put a lot of cops out of work and police forces by their very nature 'need' crime and everything is a nail if you're a hammer. Hence, both should be abolished.

Hopefully that clarifies things. All I meant by 'pls dont respond if you disagree' is, like, it's fine if you disagree but I truly don't need to hear about how cops are actually good. I'm already living in Chromatica!

[Sorry for taking a long time to respond, I clicked away and my comment disappeared :bradley:]

But you literally told her "Your dad should lay down his weapons and quit the force."  Nothing about the video I posted show that.  The cop in the video is still in the force.  You didn't say anything about joining the protest.  Just straight off quitting.  We're in full disagreement.  I wish we can be in agreement, but that's not what was being said initially.  What I posted is exactly what needs to happen.  Good cops standing by with everyone against racist, asshole, power hungry, compensating bitches.  Not quitting, that's just going to leave the bad cops in power.  Also, I'm sure most cops would LOVE to be out of a job if crime was none, but that's not the reality and it's not going to happen.

Spyro the Dragon

macca
4 minutes ago, macca said:

This is honestly crazy to me. So people actually vote on comedy and not what’s best for the country/beliefs? Wtf.

All this aside. I LOVE Brazil :kiss:

Spyro
6 minutes ago, Girrr said:

I know you said my sources were biased, but other than the cold hard facts regarding mass incarceration and institutionalized racism, most sources have bias. And that isn’t always a bad thing. I hope you’re able to form an opinion after doing your own research. Kudos for having a mature discussion, by the way. 
:nick:

Well tbh, I learned not to trust documentaries.  No matter the subject they always try to craft issues in their favor.  See: Supersize Me, Blackfish, and 5 foot 2.  I know damn well Gaga is not an inch over 5 foot 1.

Spyro the Dragon

Gagaism

How can someone even throw hate in a woman like this?

We love you Gaga :heart:

Archived