Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica is a MASTERPIECE

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

ThisBitch

You're taking the words out of my mouth! I fell in love with this album at my first listen. This is pop perfection for me, classic Gaga and her vocals never sounded better. That first line "My Name Isn't Alice" proves that she's on a different level than all her peers. This album makes me so damn happy and I cherish it!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

I love it, the only thing I would change is longer tracks and a little more diversity. Like, as soon as you really get into the song it's over :trollga:

Also, more tracks in the vein of Babylon meaning using different styles of house. A lot of tracks on the album sound very similar to the one prior and while this builds cohesion, it at times can feel monotonous. 

This isn't to say I haven't had it on replay since Friday and hear the choruses in my sleep :bradley:

ARTGOD
2 hours ago, littlepotter said:

My initial thoughts agree with you, but at the same timet there's a very obvious fact i acknowledged and you should too: this has been said about every single Gaga album upon release. Every. SINGLE. One! Not just ARTPOP, not even just Born This Way, but even TFM was seen as a downgrade! So this makes me know I'll need my time with this album.

That might have been the case for other fans but not for me. I have loved every album on first listen and I thought every album was better than the last. This is the first time this hasn’t been the case, so I can’t help but think my opinion on this album will not change that much.

2 hours ago, Versace said:

I get what you're saying but I've been with Gaga since TF/TFM and ever since then I wasn't fully satisfied. I wasn't satisfied with anything after TFM (don't kill me BTW fans), sure I really enjoyed some of the songs but I barely relistened and knew they wouldn't age well for me. I then kinda gave up on her and was ready to just support her. I had no expectations for LG6 at all, I would honestly log on this site just for the entertainment news. I heard Chromatica and honestly it blew me away, I knew it wasn't just any album, this album is really really special. It's definitely in a league of its own not just in Gaga's discography but among pop records in general. No one can deny that this album had immense effort put into it both sonically and lyrically :whitney:

I guess I don’t love it for the same reason you do love it: it feels like old Gaga.

To some people TF/TFM is the best thing she’s done and everything she’s made since has been inferior and they only support it because it’s Gaga or they just don’t like it at all. I think those people are enjoying Chromatica because it does feel like that old Gaga they fell in love with.

I am someone who liked Gaga in TF/TFM, but who also thinks she’s only gotten better and better with each album. I think her writing, her voice, and her production has only gotten stronger and to me TF/TFM feels basic looking back. For someone like me Chromatica feels like a huge regression, and not in a good way. To me TF/TFM is not peak Gaga, and Chromatica feels like Gaga is basically forgetting everything she’s learned in the last decade.

I want Gaga to improve and become a better artist, but with Chromatica it feels like she’s pandering to an audience who left her behind long ago. Is overly simplifying your music to regain the love of the GP and your ex-fans and also attain commercial success the right thing to do? I don’t know, but to me it doesn’t feel right.

If this album is a one time thing I honestly don’t care, I’m just gonna wait for LG7. What I’m fearing is that she’s gonna learn the wrong lesson from Chromatica: “People like you when you do this, ARTPOP and Joanne were not good so don’t try anything like that again, don’t be weird and just repeat yourself over and over again and we’ll shower you with praise”.

Am I overthinking it? Probably, but I can’t help but have that concern at the back of my mind.

Infinity Wave
4 hours ago, littlepotter said:

It grows on me with every listen :excited2:

Right??

Every single listen I appreciate it more and more... it will age SO well omg

Colourful

ArtpopAct2

I can see why the album’s songs blending together and being similar to eachother can be a bad thing for people, ESPECIALLY to Gaga fans who have received an album like Born This Way, which legitimately every song sounds almost completely different on. (Well barring the deluxe, I’d say those three tracks have similar counterparts on the standard i.e. The Queen and TEOG.

However, as I listen to Chromatica more and more, the only song that sticks out as a bit too generic is 1000 Doves. Every other one has pretty unique qualities whether it be in her vocal delivery, the structure, key, or production. Even though it still is more similar throughout than Born This Way.

However cohesiveness is also not a bad thing. Madonna’s Confessions on a Dance Floor is great because of exactly that. Lots of songs on that album use extremely similar sounds and beats and due to that it’s one of the only albums I listen to all the way through constantly as if it’s one song. Because if I’m in the mood for one, I’m usually in the mood for all of them. Similar to Chromatica also, it wasn’t as experimental or bold as Madonna’s previous records, rather refined, sleek, cohesive and perfected dance pop made for everyone to enjoy.

And While not quite as cohesive as Confessions, Chromatica is Gaga’s most cohesive record yet. Thus, I predict myself in the future becoming reimmersed in the entire album when I’m in the mood, rather than something like Born This Way where I’ll be in the mood for different tracks at different times due to it’s variety. 

Archived