Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica vs. Her Discography

Madame Goo Goo

Featured Posts

Madame Goo Goo

I feel every song on Chromatica has a buddy within Gaga's discography - defined by the lyrics, production, message, vibe, or concept. These are the songs that I thought paired well with the Chromatica tracks. 

Alice = Venus

While this is Def not the strongest argument in here, I put them because they're both Gaga welcoming herself and the listeners into a new world. 

Stupid Love = Heal Me

This one is a bit obvious to me. It's about wanting somebody's love and believing that the love will heal you from your pain.

Rain On Me = Hey Girl

These are both female duets about lifting each other up.

Free Woman = Hair

Both are songs about empowering yourself, and are perhaps the most empowering songs in her discography. They also start out small and get bigger.

Fun Tonight = Paper Gangsta

This comparison definitely depends on how you interpret Fun Tonight. If you interpret it as Gaga talking to herself or Christian, it won't work. However, I like to picture it as Gaga talking to Troy and her old management.

911 = Mary Jane Holland

These songs sound similar to me (a little bit) and are both about taking drugs to numb the pain. Though, Mary Jane Holland discusses weed and 911 discusses prescribed antpsychotic drugs.

Plastic Doll = Fashion (Put It All On Me)

To me, Plastic Doll feels like a call back to this song. The production and voice alterations are similar. Plastic Doll feels like a mature counterpart to Fashion.

Sour Candy = Heavy Metal Lover

I honestly don't know how to word the connections that I see between the two, but I do think there is something. This one was really hard.

Enigma = Aura

Aura is what led to Enigma in my opinion. I see it as a sequel. Aura led to the title of the concert, and the title of the concert led to the song Enigma.

Replay = Monster

Both songs compare sexual assault to a monster, in a very upbeat and exciting way.

Sine From Above = ARTPOP

Both songs have an other worldly and ethereal vibe and both sound beautiful with Elton John.

1000 Doves = Before I Cry

This one was the hardest, but I compare it to Before I Cry because of the way her vocals sound in it and the fact that the songs are divisive in the fan base.

Babylon = Dance In The Dark

Both songs share similarities with the breakdown in Vogue, with Babylon's chorus being inspired by the same house instrumentals and the Dance In The Dark breakdown also naming celebrities.

What are your thoughts? I know sme of these comparisons may be a bit of a stretch but after listening to the songs together I totally hear it all. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Chromatica Island

Madeon did help produce 911 and Mary Jane Holland.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Noir
8 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

Two of my favourite tracks, I need more Madeon 

Madame Goo Goo
10 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

It's a sine 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Glamourpuss

1000 Doves = Gypsy

Alice = Aura

Plastic Doll = Fashion of His Love

Fun Tonight = The Edge of Glory

Babylon = Black Jesus Amen Fashion

super ultra

I agree 100% with Replay = Monster! The lyrics, the vibes, feels like Replay is Monster's little sister.

I see more parallels between Babylon and Fashion! instead of DITD. 

holy scheisse

On Spotify Gaga says that fun tonight is meant to be sang to one's self. It's not about troy

Archived