💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Im still not sure how to feel about Chromatica

zerojk

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

Well sis don’t punish yourself if you don’t feel a connection. I mean, listen to what you want, you shouldn’t try to force yourself to like it just to fit in here. At the same time, nobody should force anyone who does feel a connection to enjoy it any less just because they do.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers
Just now, Suuus said:

That a perfect idea because then you guys can share you positive and negative and the feed wont get clogged up with all these kinds of threads

Right? It's pretty tiring seeing all these negative threads today.

Suuus
1 minute ago, ARTGOD said:

Not ATRL being more welcoming to healthy discussion than Gagadaily :selena:

Of only they would allow new members more than 1 time a year

ThefamebaII

Chromatica in its own way is special. It’ll never be the TFM but from the lyrics of this one, she’s opened up more and has let go of the pain she’s carried for so long. It’s okay to not vibe with it. Maybe it’ll grow on you better with visuals like the tour or future promos. 

Out of curiosity, Have you listened to the bonus track “Love Me Right?” 

magicalgaga
7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think the issue is that people are confusing cohesiveness with the album being "repetitive" and "flat." 

This album is Gaga's most cohesive album, so yes, to some extent, the songs will sound similar to each other, but they're all still very unique and different. Replay doesn't sound like Babylon, which doesn't sound like Sine From Above, which doesn't sound like Fun Tonight, which doesn't sound like 911, etc, etc, etc. 

But also, I don't really understand the statement, "I’m really not into the amount of autotune that was put into Gaga’s voice, she used to be so against it and she absolutely doesn’t need it." If you don't like the autotune, that's fine. But Gaga has always used autotune to make effects with her voice that have always enhanced the song. She doesn't use it because she needs to; she does it because in some songs it can add a cool effect.

I think what we have to do with new Gaga albums is to critique them in their own box. I think bringing up past albums like, "Oh but in BTW she did this," or "In TFM she did this," only does a disservice to the current album. I'll be 100% honest: while an album like TFM is amazing and iconic, would people still be singing its praises if it were released today? Truthfully, I don't think so. Nostalgia plays a huge role in why we compare current albums to past albums.

Give Chromatica time. Hopefully you'll learn to love it. 

What a perfectly worded answer.

i was born this way, baby

Ronk

Don't overthink it, just enjoy it.  Give it time to slay.

I live outside the space time continuum.

PlasticDollGirl

It’s very dated, I know 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Suigetsu
10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think the issue is that people are confusing cohesiveness with the album being "repetitive" and "flat." 

This album is Gaga's most cohesive album, so yes, to some extent, the songs will sound similar to each other, but they're all still very unique and different. Replay doesn't sound like Babylon, which doesn't sound like Sine From Above, which doesn't sound like Fun Tonight, which doesn't sound like 911, etc, etc, etc. 

But also, I don't really understand the statement, "I’m really not into the amount of autotune that was put into Gaga’s voice, she used to be so against it and she absolutely doesn’t need it." If you don't like the autotune, that's fine. But Gaga has always used autotune to make effects with her voice that have always enhanced the song. She doesn't use it because she needs to; she does it because in some songs it can add a cool effect.

I think what we have to do with new Gaga albums is to critique them in their own box. I think bringing up past albums like, "Oh but in BTW she did this," or "In TFM she did this," only does a disservice to the current album. I'll be 100% honest: while an album like TFM is amazing and iconic, would people still be singing its praises if it were released today? Truthfully, I don't think so. Nostalgia plays a huge role in why we compare current albums to past albums.

Give Chromatica time. Hopefully you'll learn to love it. 

An album doesn't need to have the same beat or same genre to be cohesive.

zerojk
6 minutes ago, ThefamebaII said:

Chromatica in its own way is special. It’ll never be the TFM but from the lyrics of this one, she’s opened up more and has let go of the pain she’s carried for so long. It’s okay to not vibe with it. Maybe it’ll grow on you better with visuals like the tour or future promos. 

Out of curiosity, Have you listened to the bonus track “Love Me Right?” 

Yes its one of my favorites :heart:

ThefamebaII
1 minute ago, zerojk said:

Yes its one of my favorites :heart:

Mine too 💕 I wish it was on Apple Music! 

Reality
Just now, Suigetsu said:

An album doesn't need to have the same beat or same genre to be cohesive.

The beats are similar, but that's also one element of the song. Plastic Doll doesn't sound like Free Woman, which doesn't sound like Sine From Above, which doesn't sound like Babylon, which doesn't sound like Alice, which doesn't sound like Enigma, etc.

Also, the genres of the songs need to be similar enough to be cohesive. You can't have completely different sounding songs in two completely different genres and then say it's "cohesive." It's literally the definition of "cohesive." 

🃏🖤👹

Ronk
7 minutes ago, Mill said:

It’s very dated, I know 

We have a similar sense of humor.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Suigetsu
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

The beats are similar, but that's also one element of the song. Plastic Doll doesn't sound like Free Woman, which doesn't sound like Sine From Above, which doesn't sound like Babylon, which doesn't sound like Alice, which doesn't sound like Enigma, etc.

Also, the genres of the songs need to be similar enough to be cohesive. You can't have completely different sounding songs in two completely different genres and then say it's "cohesive." It's literally the definition of "cohesive." 

You're partially wrong.

Cohesivness in music can be achieved by album's subject matter also.

ARTGOD
18 minutes ago, Suuus said:

That a perfect idea because then you guys can share you positive and negative and the feed wont get clogged up with all these kinds of threads

I think it would be a great idea, that way we can share our negative opinions about the album without getting LMAO’d or personally attacked, and members who are enjoying the album and don’t wanna see negativity don’t have to deal with new threads getting made every hour.

The problem is that the Chromatica thread is already supposed to be the thread for discussion about the album so I don’t know if a new thread would be redundant. I still think it would be useful because I think the forum as a whole is kind of in a hive mind state and really not receptive to any kind of criticism.

I think someone with more power should weigh in, anyone wanna tag a mod? :selena:

Archived