💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Im still not sure how to feel about Chromatica

zerojk

Featured Posts

zerojk

This is not a complain thread, please refrain from your hate comments. Thank you.

So... I actually wanted to wait before writing this till the hype of the album was over, since I’ve seen that all of the opinion threads that are not “omg I love it” are getting a lot of hate from the members, and I guess I understand it, some people are really excited and don’t want anyone to kill their excitement.

The thing is, I’m still not sure how to feel about chromatica yet, I’ve listened to it at least 20 times now, and ofc first listen I was super excited because I love Gaga, but I am really surprised to realise that I didn’t LOVE any song... in every Gaga album there’s at least one song that I love so much, replay and feel identified to ... the closest to making me feel that is Sine From Above but i just like it a lot, i don’t love it.

i feel like the album has excellent lyrical and melodic content but the electronic beat gets so generic and sometimes forced, I get that Gaga wanted to release a dance album but it just feels so flat and repetitive.

see... TFM is a dance album but we have violins in Alejandro, we have a great ballad in speechless, the beat in Telephone is totally different to the beat in Bad Romance, and the final product is a excellent dance electronic album. In Chromatica its like all of the songs are remixes of great Gaga songs by a random DJ, from first to last track is the same mood, the same beat, the same mood, the same beat, it doesn’t take you anywhere.

I feel like Gaga felt so compromised to deliver a “dance-only” album that it feels so unnecesarily forced to be just that, also I’m really not into the ammount of autotune that was put into Gaga’s voice, she used to be so against it and she absolutely doesn’t need it, the bridge in Alice sounds like its taken out of Paper Gangsta. :triggered:

Of course I will keep listening, stream it as much as I can, and I’m 100% happy to see the good reception by critics, I will always be a Gaga fan, I just hope Chromatica keeps growing on me, I really want to love it, but I had to be honest.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bowman

I lowkey agree with this :saladga:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

TheBadRomancer

just keep listening. maybe it will grow on you! I didn’t like stupid love when I first heard it, but now I dig it. which has happened with several Gaga songs

Suigetsu

Remember ya'll cohesivness =/= same beat direction/genre through the album.

ARTGOD

I agree with you, I don’t love the album either though I hope someday I will.

Does anybody think we should have a thread where we can share our negative feelings and criticisms about the album without getting attacked by the rest of the forum?.

Regina George

It's okay not to like Gaga's album.. I didn't like Joanne and I waited 7 years for Chromatica and I absolutely LOVE it so there's that.. You never know with Gaga.. I mean you don't have to listen to it if you don't like it.. There is plenty of other albums and music to listen to.. :shrug: Also please don't be offended by this but this is a second thread of yours about the same topic.. Maybe it would be better to share your opinions in Chromatica discussion? 

steven
1 minute ago, ARTGOD said:

Does anybody think we should have a thread where we can share our negative feelings and criticisms about the album without getting attacked by the rest of the forum?.

On ATRL :selena:

ARTGOD
Just now, Steven said:

On ATRL :selena:

Not ATRL being more welcoming to healthy discussion than Gagadaily :selena:

Chromatica Island

Even though I disagree with your opinion, I respect your opinion, it's just that the album hit's so close to home for me that I feel like defending it, I tend to defend the things I love!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

plasticalice

They're gonna spam you with 'LMAO' and 'sad' for speaking the truth. The recency bias and sheepish-fan mindset is too strong on here. It's a GOOD album, but not the experimental dance album it could have been. It really suffers from vanilla production (Free Woman/1K Doves) and short time lengths forced by the record label (Alice masterpiece is ridiculously short). I mean, are we really gonna pretend Fun Tonight (a Selena/Fifth Harmony bonus track) holds up to classics like Venus, Monster, ScheiBe, etc? Get outta here...

Suuus
1 minute ago, ARTGOD said:

That a perfect idea because then you guys can share you positive and negative and the feed wont get clogged up with all these kinds of threads

Reality

I think the issue is that people are confusing cohesiveness with the album being "repetitive" and "flat." 

This album is Gaga's most cohesive album, so yes, to some extent, the songs will sound similar to each other, but they're all still very unique and different. Replay doesn't sound like Babylon, which doesn't sound like Sine From Above, which doesn't sound like Fun Tonight, which doesn't sound like 911, etc, etc, etc. 

But also, I don't really understand the statement, "I’m really not into the amount of autotune that was put into Gaga’s voice, she used to be so against it and she absolutely doesn’t need it." If you don't like the autotune, that's fine. But Gaga has always used autotune to make effects with her voice that have always enhanced the song. She doesn't use it because she needs to; she does it because in some songs it can add a cool effect.

I think what we have to do with new Gaga albums is to critique them in their own box. I think bringing up past albums like, "Oh but in BTW she did this," or "In TFM she did this," only does a disservice to the current album. I'll be 100% honest: while an album like TFM is amazing and iconic, would people still be singing its praises if it were released today? Truthfully, I don't think so. Nostalgia plays a huge role in why we compare current albums to past albums.

Give Chromatica time. Hopefully you'll learn to love it. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived