💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How old is Chromatica?

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

How much of Chromatica is old & reworked tracks?  We know Babylon is at least two years old, Sine From Above at least 7, Stupid Love is rumored to be a BTW outtake.  Some other songs on the album sound un-fresh & dated to me (mainly due to the production).  STILL A GREAT ALBUM- DON'T GET ME WRONG.  The album actually feels like the most "Gaga" thing she's put out since BTW.  im just curious though- Do we know the history of some of the other songs on Chromatica?

Of course, I know albums take a long time to make and aren't written, recorded, produced, and mix & mastered all within a 6 month time span (usually, but there are some rare occasions where it could happen).  But I can't help but feel like Chromatica would've SMASHED and sounded more fresh back in 2015/16 when a lot of the sounds on the album were new trends.  imagine if she did a double album release in early 2016 with Chromatica & Joanne and called it "ENIGMA" showing her two sides!

I really love Alice, 911, & Replay because they feel really genuine Gaga and unique and capture her artistic style best IMO :)  I love chromatica!  but I still can't help but feel like there's a lack of fresh production & sounds/genres.

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
3 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Sour Candy is probably like 5 jk

no doubt about that.  when I heard SC for the first time I was SHOCKED how dated it sounded :noparty: I like Gaga's parts on the song though ..

♥ Kindness Police.

Reality

I do think Chromatica took relatively longer to make than other albums. I don't really have any evidence for that beside the fact that it's been confirmed that at least Babylon and SFA are older than we originally thought, but I do think it took longer than say, Joanne for instance.

Also, I don't really understand why people think the album sounds "dated."

The production is great. This album has some of her best production. I mean, at this point, I'd rate BloodPop up there with producers like RedOne, Mark Ronson, DJWS, etc. What he was able to do on Joanne and Chromatica is stellar work.

The album sounds "dated" because it's heavily inspired by 90s house, EDM, disco, funk, etc. It sounds nostalgic, not dated. 

🖤👹

JRCF29
14 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Of course, I know albums take a long time to make and aren't written, recorded, produced, and mix & mastered all within a 6 month time span

Miss XCX would like a word:bradley:

edit: I know you said there's exceptions but plz let me have my funny post

Don't Call Me Gaga

RobGaga

HANA said on her Twitch Channel that Bloodpop has been working on it for two Christmas....so going back to 2018 if he was working on it December/January of 2019. 

Fusel
8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I do think Chromatica took relatively longer to make than other albums. I don't really have any evidence for this beside the fact that it's been confirmed that at least Babylon and SFA are older than we originally thought, but I do think it took longer than say, Joanne for instance.

The production is great. This album has some of her best production. I mean, at this point, I'd rate BloodPop up there with producers like RedOne, Mark Ronson, DJWS, etc. What he was able to do on Joanne and Chromatica is stellar work.

The album sounds "dated" because it's heavily inspired by 90s house, EDM, disco, funk, etc. It sounds nostalgic, not dated. 

I think some people feel like that because this sound had a little comeback a few years ago even though it never took off in a major way. They probably feel reminded of that time cause that's their frame of reference, not the actual era this music alludes to and originated in.

Creyk

She said on her graham norton interview yesterday that she has been working on the album for 2,5 years. We know Plastic Doll and Stupid Love are far older than this, however.

Chromatica Island

You sound dated:billie:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Gracious Gaga
6 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Miss XCX would like a word:bradley:

edit: I know you said there's exceptions but plz let me have my funny post

No no she literally was the person who came to my mind when I wrote that LOL

♥ Kindness Police.

xoxo Craig
23 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

How much of Chromatica is old & reworked tracks?  We know Babylon is at least two years old, Sine From Above at least 7, Stupid Love is rumored to be a BTW outtake.  Some other songs on the album sound un-fresh & dated to me (mainly due to the production).  STILL A GREAT ALBUM- DON'T GET ME WRONG.  The album actually feels like the most "Gaga" thing she's put out since BTW.  im just curious though- Do we know the history of some of the other songs on Chromatica?

Of course, I know albums take a long time to make and aren't written, recorded, produced, and mix & mastered all within a 6 month time span (usually, but there are some rare occasions where it could happen).  But I can't help but feel like Chromatica would've SMASHED and sounded more fresh back in 2015/16 when a lot of the sounds on the album were new trends.  imagine if she did a double album release in early 2016 with Chromatica & Joanne and called it "ENIGMA" showing her two sides!

I really love Alice, 911, & Replay because they feel really genuine Gaga and unique and capture her artistic style best IMO :)  I love chromatica!  but I still can't help but feel like there's a lack of fresh production & sounds/genres.

Chromatica is most definitely fresh and new. It doesn't sound outdated (except from SFA). Stupid Love was created in 2018 and we know this. Fan fiction fantasies wanted it to be a BTW outtake because of the heavy production like in the BTW album. But in the demo snippet, you can tell that her vocals are from around 2018. 

All the songs were created from 2017 - 2019/20. Except from SFA, but even then, it was reworked and and rewritten. As a whole album, I don't get why people think its outdated. Its literally sounds from the 90s and early 2000s made modern. Nobody is doing songs like that today, and they never did songs like that 5 or 10 years ago. 

Its the most fresh, most conceptual album Gaga has done for ages.

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, RobGaga said:

HANA said on her Twitch Channel that Bloodpop has been working on it for two Christmas....so going back to 2018 if he was working on it December/January of 2019. 

They were working backstage of the JWT. Gaga even said on Graham Norton that she was working on this record for 2 and half years

End Racism Now

plasticalice
15 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I do think Chromatica took relatively longer to make than other albums. I don't really have any evidence for this beside the fact that it's been confirmed that at least Babylon and SFA are older than we originally thought, but I do think it took longer than say, Joanne for instance.

The production is far from great. Free Woman, Fun Tonight and Babylon are some of her worst produced tracks ever.

Suuus

Chromatica was born 2 days ago so that makes her 2 days old im sorry i had too

Archived