💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Plastic Doll Bridge about Joanne?

GypsyMonster

Featured Posts

GypsyMonster

I just had a HUGE revelation about Plastic Doll and I haven’t seen anyone else on here say it yet so it’s probably wrong :ladyhaha:

so maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong but, in the Plastic Doll bridge she says:

“Tell me, who dressed you? Where'd you get that hat?

Why is she cryin'? What's the price tag?

Who's that girl, Malibu Gaga?

Looks so sad, what is this saga?”

Is this referring to Joanne? Like who dressed you? Where did you get that hat - the JOANNE hat and her fans criticising her when she revealed the aesthetic for Joanne as it was so stripped back from classic Gaga she got a lot of hate.:stalkga: Then the “why she crying?” Joanne was a deep album for her but people always said ‘why is she crying over an aunt she never met’ etc etc

AM I ONTO SOMETHING? But then the “Malibu Gaga” part throws me off:saladga:

EDIT: the “what is this saga”  - saga means like storyline so she’s referring to fans  like “wtf is this era” like “where are you going with this album/chapter Gaga?” 🤔🤔

Blastertoyo
2 minutes ago, GypsyMonster said:

“Tell me, who dressed you? Where'd you get that hat?

Why is she cryin'? What's the price tag?

AM I ONTO SOMETHING? But then the “Malibu Gaga” part throws me off:saladga:

Yes.

Csao6PdWEAUKb1v?format=jpg&name=small

Also y'all hating on her for losing her talent when shed moved to Malibu

please enlighten me to death

JRCF29

Yes I think you're right. 

ALSO: Does the bridge remind anyone of the song "Power & Control" by Marina

Don't Call Me Gaga

Primetime

yes. also she lives on a ranch in Malibu. when the fires happened in 2018 she had to evacuate her horses.

GypsyMonster
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I think you're right; that makes a lot of sense. 

Right? And the “what is this saga”  - saga means like storyline or something so she’s referring to fans saying like “wtf is this era” like “where are you going with this album/chapter Gaga?” 🤔🤔

AlexanderMagno

"Malibu Gaga" is, I think, a reference to "Malibu Stacy", a plastic doll from The Simpsons world that is supposed to be the a parody of Barbie.

I don't think it has anything to do with Joanne. It's just a reference of Gaga being objectified, specially after being so famous for the things she wears, so she ends up being scrutinized for what she wears and the comments people make about her clothes. And that hurts her because she's not just a woman who dresses Versace, she's a full artist. I don't see Joanne here necessarily.

But go look for Gaga's interpretation, I think she talks about each song in Spotify or Apple Music, or Zane Lowe?

Anyway

11 minutes ago, GypsyMonster said:

cringy Gaga lyrics strike again. What a forced rhyme :saladga::fail:

President Biden
12 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Yes I think you're right. 

ALSO: Does the bridge remind anyone of the song "Power & Control" by Marina

her low vocals on some songs give me such Marina vibes 

I got drunk

czarnyptak

Malibu Gaga might be referring to Malibu by Miley Cyrus (even though released later), which introduced also a stripped off country-influenced era

Hot 100 Final Predictions: lady gaga the queen #1 (debut)

JRCF29
7 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

"Malibu Gaga" is, I think, a reference to "Malibu Stacy", a plastic doll from The Simpsons world that is supposed to be the a parody of Barbie.

I don't think it has anything to do with Joanne. It's just a reference of Gaga being objectified, specially after being so famous for the things she wears, so she ends up being scrutinized for what she wears and the comments people make about her clothes. And that hurts her because she's not just a woman who dresses Versace, she's a full artist. I don't see Joanne here necessarily.

But go look for Gaga's interpretation, I think she talks about each song in Spotify or Apple Music, or Zane Lowe?

Anyway

cringy Gaga lyrics strike again. What a forced rhyme :saladga::fail:

5 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

those lyrics yikes

giphy.gif

I was expecting it to be/wish it were

Who's that Girl/Malibu Gaga

Looks so sad/What is her problem?

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
Just now, czarnyptak said:

Malibu might be referring to Malibu by Miley Cyrus, which introduced also a stripped off country-influenced era

I think it's referring to her ranch in Malibu from Five Foot Two

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived