Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

Wolf

Taylor is more popular, for sure. But Gaga is an all around entertainer. She has penetrated different genres and even different forms of media: movies, tv series... and there's a lot we haven't seen yet.

Also, when Taylor retires, Gaga will still continue to perform until her old age as long as she possibly can, just like Tony Bennett.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galactic Mess
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Th collapse if they actually did a collaboration :nooo:

The ballad of the century

Economy
Just now, jprince99x said:

Come on. Every 12-18 year old knows and loves Micheal Jackson. Madonna on the other hand-

I was literally at a party last night and someone put on MJ and EVERYONE knew the songs. If I had put on papa don’t preach my friends would have made me turn it off :laughga:

Cuz MJ was even bigger than Madonna

But I don't think kids now are aware of more Cyndi songs than Madonna

And like another user said, kids are not the ONLY generation to consider when looking at being remembered

But even by that metric I'm sure more young people can name more songs from Madonna than Cyndi. Me personally I only know 2 Cyndi songs cuz none of her other catalogue besides girls wanna have fun or time after time is ever played :rip:

jprince99x
3 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

OMG i completely forgot this mess. I agree with you now. 

I am more into pre 1989 taylor and didn't even remember this existed. But lover is a fantastic album. So she isn't completely out of league. I am honestly rooting hard for her nowadays. So I might be sounding like a teen obsessed fan :messga:

I think Taylor is terrific btw, I just think her fans take her too seriously when her music is reduced to please the GP. I think she needs to finally break ties with jack antonoff for her next record because it really is getting tiring for me. The 80s bubblegum pop done over and over

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

vixdean
9 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Come on. Every 12-18 year old knows and loves Micheal Jackson. Madonna on the other hand-

I was literally at a party last night and someone put on MJ and EVERYONE knew the songs. If I had put on papa don’t preach my friends would have made me turn it off :laughga:

What 12-18 year olds know about MJ at the moment is the accusations that he is a pdf file that continues to be everywhere to this day.

They don’t care about his music at all. His music over recent years has been completely overtaken by scandals surrounding his life. That’s what people think of MJ to a great extent. 

Unfortunately the respect that MJ once had has been overshadowed by that and that will always stain the perception that people have of him.

RebeldeFaith

Artistically: Gaga

Commercially: Taylor

Something something idk

jprince99x
Just now, RebeldeFaith said:

Artistically: Gaga

Commercially: Taylor

This settles the argument! And after all these years, Bowie is the one with the most albums in the G.O.A.T list. Take notes Taylor.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

43 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Very unpopular opinion: I think Taylor is the most overrated artist of our current generation. She has consistently delivered boring and stale material, and not one song she put out has been interesting or groundbreaking in any way, shape or form. I think putting her in the same category as Gaga is laughable.

I acknowledge the girl is talented, writes her own song and is one of the most successful singers today. However, material wise her discography is terrible. Gaga is a real legend. Take away Taylor's sales and that legendary talk is out the window.

NOT UNPOPULAR ️ I actually get quite annoyed when I think about it cause of course she’s a great songwriter but her voice is not special, she doesn’t dance, she’s not versatile (genre wise), I genuinely don’t understand why she has so many sales, can someone explain why 🤷🏽‍♀️ gaga can go low, high, growl, rasp and has sang rock, opera, country, metal, pop, jazz. If anything she’s one of the only versatile female popstars out there, her voice is EXTREMELY strong and emotional 💯 don’t forget she has the stamina to dance and  still sing amazingly eg. Super bowl performance. Truly an entertainer so i can’t compare her to Taylor,  she does not dance and just puts on massive productions for concerts. Is it gonna be enough to keep her in the music business for 30+ years. LG is an actress, performer, songwriter, activist and just an exceptionally creative being, not a lot of people put as much dedication into their craft and have that deep internal passion for music and performing and touching peoples hearts. I just dont think they’re in the same league. You never see other celebs saying Taylor’s there fav or praising her work the same way gaga has. She doesnt leave as much impact, I can’t imagine what in the future they’ll say Taylor accomplished with her music other then awards and sales. Gaga as an lgbt and mental health advocate has opened doors for a lot of people with her music and changed the way a community is seen in the media when she started coming out w/ songs 12 years ago celebrating them. 

rasclautmangos

Gaga and Adele will be the most remembered as legends. Gaga for performances/being an all around entertainer and Adele for vocals.

I think Rihanna will be a legend with her businesses. Verdict is still out on Katy Perry, I need to see more from her. I like Taylor Swift, but I don't find her to be legendary in any way right now. She's a good songwriter, but outside of that? I'll keep it kind. She's been very lucky. 

Lanaxster

Taylor is nowhere as impactful as Lady Gaga except for sales. Taylor is big in the US but not that much outside of it, and she is not iconic as Lady Gaga the only artist that can be compared to Madonna. Lady Gaga shaped pop music, Taylor only sells a lot, her music is good but none of her songs is as big (even though those have sold more) as bad romance or poker face 

alice911

Taylor mostly makes kid friendly music. Not in the same league as gaga tbh. Gaga is here to stay for a long time. 

AlwaysLoveGaga

I don't want to pit them against each other. 

I think they'll both achieve legend status! :heart:

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

Ricardo
3 minutes ago, Waad said:

NOT UNPOPULAR ️ I actually get quite annoyed when I think about it cause of course she’s a great songwriter but her voice is not special, she doesn’t dance, she’s not versatile (genre wise), I genuinely don’t understand why she has so many sales, can someone explain why 🤷🏽‍♀️ gaga can go low, high, growl, rasp and has sang rock, opera, country, metal, pop, jazz. If anything she’s one of the only versatile female popstars out there, her voice is EXTREMELY strong and emotional 💯 don’t forget she has the stamina to dance and  still sing amazingly eg. Super bowl performance. Truly an entertainer so i can’t compare her to Taylor,  she does not dance and just puts on massive productions for concerts. Is it gonna be enough to keep her in the music business for 30+ years. LG is an actress, performer, songwriter, activist and just an exceptionally creative being, not a lot of people put as much dedication into their craft and have that deep internal passion for music and performing and touching peoples hearts. I just dont think they’re in the same league. You never see other celebs saying Taylor’s there fav or praising her work the same way gaga has. She doesnt leave as much impact, I can’t imagine what in the future they’ll say Taylor accomplished with her music other then awards and sales. Gaga as an lgbt and mental health advocate has opened doors for a lot of people with her music and changed the way a community is seen in the media when she started coming out w/ songs 12 years ago celebrating them. 

Taylor is America's sweetheart, the girl next door, more relatable to teenagers and kids than Gaga, then she does this things like Reputation where she's borderline sexy and a b!tch but not too much so American dads get mad at her and forbids their kids listen to her

Gaga can't help being a 360 degree artist, Taylor can keep her numbers :vegas:

OMonster

I think they're incomparable because they're in such different lanes. 

I think, objectively, Taylor will always be seen as more 'popular' than Gaga. 

But I also think that Gaga, in many decades to come, will be seen as 'the' pop star of the post-nineties - not Taylor. 

I can see the 'edgy' kids of the 2040s loving her and wearing her stuff... just like people do now towards Bowie. She will be 'cool' in the future ('cooler' than she is now, imo) whilst Taylor won't be. 

For that reason, Gaga will have a bigger impact long term - and her impact, short term, is already bigger than Taylor's as it is.  Taylor is perfect at keeping herself on top and adapting her sound to what's hot... but Gaga is much better at setting the agenda before it's cool - and, thus, her numbers and public perception is damaged by that in a way. 

Chromatica isn't particularly challenging or 'new', however, but I think this album is more about closing the first phase of her career than starting a new one. 

Not to jump the gun, but I am excited to see what Gaga's future career will look like. In the Chromatica manifesto, she makes clear that music will always be her priority. And having 'returned to the dance floor', I do wonder how long she'll stay there for. I'm excited - though am looking forward to a good couple of years on Chromatica :) 

subtext / fantasy

Archived