Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Babylon is THAT song

Jeroen Bloeming

Featured Posts

Jeroen Bloeming

Hi :vegas:

Just wanted to express my feelings about the song and see if anyone feels similar.

When I first heard Babylon, I cried. I have never felt such a feeling of freedom and pride in a song before, not even in Born This Way.  It's one of the few songs in my life that genuinely gives me a feeling of joy. Especially towards the end where the chorus is done twice

Does anyone relate? 

Arcanum

I absolutely understand you.

Ever since Chromatica was released I can't listen to any other song. The allegory, the serve, the camp. It's all Gaga has ever represented through her art. 

One of my all time fav songs and it's been just 3 days.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

chromaticainmyhead

I swear if Gaga misses out on shooting an ancient city style MV voguing in the midst of the jungle as the queen of Babylon I‘ll riot on Chromatica.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

A D A M

Babylon is already iconic, i was afraid when ppl started to panic 'THEY CHANGED THE SONG' but this was instant-favorite from the album after first listening. Im so glad we will get another version of song!

No matter what, the first thing im gonna think about when someone will mention Chromatica will be Babylon, probably the best closer song in the whole Gaga discography. :pray:

Lord Temptation

For a song about reaching for heaven it does a pretty darn good job :lolga: :kiss:

Bjaf

Even after replaying the Haus Labs instrumental so many times, Babylon still blew me away. I think they made the right decision in terms of production. It's absolutely perfect as it is.

Bowman

Babylon is in my honest opinion the best song on Chromatica and I’ve replayed it so many times and it makes me so happy and has such a feel good uplifting factor to it, and an unpopular opinion but I’m so glad it was this version and not the Haus Labs version aswell. There’s just something so special about it and I feel it’s Gagas best work in a long time :bradley:

edit: It reminds me so much of Born This Way and The Fame too ughh one of my all time favourite songs from her ever

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Kahzandra

I fricken LIVE for Babylon. The huge euphoric choir vocals, the saxophone, the “ancient city” lyrics.  It’s like Vogue + Like a Prayer but way funkier and juiced up on steroids.  Ugh I just can’t stop blasting it in my car on this beautiful 80 degree day.  I literally just made all of Waltham, MA aware that this celestial bop exists :nick: 

I really really hope it’s released as a single with a powerful video, and doesn’t suffer the same injustice as DITD, Scheiße, and Sexxx Dreams. (Yeah I’m still bitter they were never singles:coffee:

Modern Ecstasy2

The saxophone

:nooo:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Aga Gydal

I 100% felt the same when I heard it. It made me cry. It felt like the amalgamation of everything I love about Gaga and my culture; the camp, the subversiveness, things that shouldn’t go together but do. Smooth sax over a spoken word command about “serving it ancient city style” with like a gospel backup vocal and accented by wild animal noises? Like.. what??

The way the chorus keeps building up is amazing too. The second to last chorus with the full gospel backup is like the climax of the album to me. 

Archived