šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why 1000 Doves is my Favorite Song on Chromatica

PrinceOfTheStorm

Featured Posts

sagybp

I just heard the piano version for the first time. My god, so much "is that alright" vibes. It's so so so good.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cookie Tookie said:

This song broke my heart. Itā€™s so relatable, but it also really allows us to understand that Gaga herself is not as confident, happy, or strong as we view her. She is human, and she also needs to be lifted up as well.Ā 

Itā€™s a brilliant song, and I love both versions equally. Itā€™s one of my top favorites on the album.Ā 

Same here. Itā€™s so raw and simply beautiful. Totally cried listening to it the first time listening to the album version.Ā :bradley:

Luke78619

I cried this morning listening to it againĀ :nick:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

RudraCNG

Didn't really like the version of the Standard version, but I have to admit I fell in love with the piano version.

blackpink

I love it too! Itā€™s so euphoric.

It sounds like something that would be played at a sunset beach party in Malibu or somethingĀ :heart:

Jakkusan
On 5/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, PrinceOfTheStorm said:

"I'd do anything for you to really see me, I am human, invisibly bleeding"

I adore this line and I adore this song. It's just such an elevating, simple pop song with such human and vulnerable lyrics. I love it.

Totally with you and many others in this thread, this is the song that made me tear up upon first listening of the album. The bridge is flawless.

i love this song. both the piano demo and the album version. the lyrics coupled with the pain in her voice really hit me, because even though she sounds in pain she also sounds passionately in love (either romantic or platonic).

i've recently slightly rekindled a spark with someone whom i've shared painful moments with/who has caused me a lot of painful moments emotionally when i was younger. we've both grown up a lot individually...Ā and lately, we've been having deeper conversations and addressing things that happened to us in the past, including how we've acted towards one another. not really sure where it's headed, but i've realized how much i really care about them.Ā call me cheesy, but all of this **** has made me really relate to this song. i care deeply about them and love them very much, and even though it's never worked out in the past, i still feel the same way. they do too.

sappiness aside, this song is beautiful. šŸ’ÆĀ 

Ā 

edit 6/22: this post didn't age well. my spark with that someone quickly was snuffed out, indefinitely this time. we both still love each other, thatĀ is very apparent, however we decided that the smartest and healthiest decision for both of us is to cut ties for good and move on.Ā my "1000 doves" moment turned into an "i'll never love again (extended version)" moment. it ****ing sucks.

Ā 

1000 doves is still a beautiful song though. i just cannot listen to it for the coming weeks because i am way too vulnerable right now.

Creyk
On 5/30/2020 at 6:45 AM, Sour Candy said:

The piano demo is such a masterpiece. It reminds me 'Is That Alright' a lot.Ā I wish we had more stripped ballads in the futureĀ :bradley:

It reminds me of Is That Alright too for some reason. I have actually been listening to ITA more these days because 1D always puts those vibes in my head.

gagasicebath

One of my friends who loves Gagaā€™s music but is more of a casual fan texted me as soon as she heard the album on Friday, just saying ā€œOMG, 1000 Doves.ā€ So it definitely has a wider appeal.

The piano demo is particularly gorgeous.

Donny Winter

This song has risen as being one of my favorites on the album. It is so uplifting and fun - a deviation from the dark pop house sounds earlier on the album. Also, I just listened to the piano demo and CRIED my eyes out. It is so cathartic... hell, the piano version may be my favorite song on the delux album.Ā 

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

Sarah H

I absolutely love the piano version, it's beautiful. I hope she does a live performance of it at some point.Ā 

domixwodix

it's also my fav atm

been listening to it the whole day

the lyrics hit me so hard

it's so reletableĀ 

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

Archived