šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Track Ranking + My Thoughts on Each Track

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

GypsyVida

The list goes from the very best tracks at the top to the worst tracks at the bottom (and yeah I know that no one probably cares about my opinion but hey, you're the one that clicked on this thread knowing what it would beĀ :ohwell:)

Also just fyi I've listened to the album in full 6 times now.

BEST

1. Sine From Above - This song is just so perfect and was the exact opposite of what I expected it to be. I wouldn't have thought Elton would agree to be on a track like this. The instrumental really does feel godly and the part in the second verse when Gaga is singing under Elton completely tore my wig off. And then the way that the instrumental switches up at the end of the song.... a cultural reset tbh.

2. 911 - I mean can we just talk about it? The transition from Chromatica II to this song had me gagged and the use of autotune brings me back to the days of dark synth pop Gaga.Ā It's obviously the Bloody Mary of this album and will definitely become a fan favorite. I'd love to either see this, Sour Candy, or SFA as the next single.

3. Rain On Me - Pop perfection. There is nothing wrong with this song and it was the perfect choice for a second single. Coming for #1 on Monday!

4. Replay - A few days ago I said on this forum that I thought Replay would be a basic filler. But boy was I wrong! Replay is so f***ing good like wow. Almost gives meĀ Love Again by Dua Lipa vibes. Really turned out to be the dark horse of the album for me. It definitely pulled an Electric Chapel.

5. Sour Candy - I expect to hear this at FW 2020 fashion shows. You'd hear this song playing at an Abercrombie store in 2014. It's a perfect 90's runway beat. All the girls of Blackpink sound so good on it. It doesn't sound anything like I imagined it would. Also Gaga's deep spoken-word voice is so sexy!

6. Plastic Doll - I knew I would like this song. Production is a little bit reminiscent of PC Music.Ā The Skrillex production is definitely apparent and I love the 'Malibu Gaga' part.

7. Alice - Maybe my favorite of Gaga's openers. It really does a good job at setting the 90's house vibe of the album and it gives a good intro to the kinds of lyrical themes we're gonna experience.

8. Free Woman - A little bit of a let down. The demo was better in my opinion, however the final version is still good. The pre-chorus is still my favorite part.

9. 1000 DovesĀ - Was expecting this to be a downtempo power ballad with just Gaga and a piano however the actual song is very good. I feel like its a grower and it will rise on this list of mine as the months go by.

10. Babylon - The animal noises and the choir are the only reasons I'll listen to this song again. I don't wanna talk about the rest.

11. Enigma - I don't know how to feel about it yet. Maybe it'll grow on me but right now it's kinda just... there. Ya' know?

12. Fun Tonight - I was expecting something different but I'm not mad at this song. The nasally vocals in the pre-chorus/chorus are what kills it for me. The lyrics are what saves this song for me though. This is perhaps one of her saddest songs to date.

13. Stupid Love - I still think it was the right choice for the lead due to its electro-pop sound and easy lyrics. However I think it sounds out of place on Chromatica. It sounds like an ARTPOP Act II reject. Not a bad song by any means, I just think its out of place (especially between Alice and Rain On Me).

WORST

Ā 

All in all, there's not a bad song on Chromatica and it may be her most cohesive album to date. These songs have some of her most personal lyrics on them and the 90's house-pop production really gets my life.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

ladygaga1984

Itā€™s so interesting how people have completely different tastes. Sine From Above,Ā 911 and Replay in that orderĀ are basically the weakest moments in the album for me.

2School4Cool

I have no idea how to rank them all yet, but I know for a fact that Sine and Fun Tonight are my favorites! I love seeing everyone have such differing opinions though, thereā€™s not a single bad song, some song just apply more to other peopleā€™s tastes.

See The Best In Everyone

steven
2 minutes ago, ladygaga1984 said:

Itā€™s so interesting how people have completely different tastes. Sine From Above,Ā 911 and Replay in that orderĀ are basically the weakest moments in the album for me.

MTE. Enigma is one of my faves, just love the energy on it.

Archived