3 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

oof

What oof? 

Your way of handling other‘s opinion must be criticized :oops:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtpopAct2

I do agree the songs are more similar to eachother than her previous albums. Even though critics criticized BTW for being too unfocused and too different I really liked that. 

But the cohesiveness is definitely great and I’m glad she tried it for this album and I think it worked very well. Though I do agree I wish they went a little more crazy with production on some of the tracks. They’re still great tracks though.

FlopSlurper

look at y'all. I've read "we don't mind criticism but say it politely" probably 2838282 times and here you are acting childish towards OP.

It’s not the “opinion” of not liking the production. It is the way it is said by some people in this fandom. The opinion is expressed as an absolute truth, at least that’s how I read it. Talking like they’re producers themselves, experts on the subject, and been on the game long enough. Just keep to yourself and deactivate your account :) 

Abramovic
3 minutes ago, damag said:

It’s not the “opinion” of not liking the production. It is the way it is said by some people in this fandom. The opinion is expressed as an absolute truth, at least that’s how I read it. Talking like they’re producers themselves, experts on the subject, and been on the game long enough. Just keep to yourself and deactivate your account :) 

Some of us maybe study music or work in the music industry + maybe just leave this discussion or ignore it, if you don’t like to read it.  :) 

I think he explained it very well and declared it as his own opinion, nothing wrong with that. 

I’m not bothered by this. I think thats why Chromatica is different, its more cohesive and even though 90s House is something mandatory on this album, its very well done and connected.

Its the first Gaga album I don’t skip one single song. What could be better than this?

The job is really well done, props to Gaga and the producers. They made a choice.

ARTGOD
21 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

I think the song lengths are just right. Since house music is repetitive having longer tracks would have made this a bad album imo

I disagree, the best and most classic House tracks are like 7 minutes long. For a House track to really HIT it needs build up, structure, a climax. Most of that is missing on Chromatica.

The album sounds like it wants to be House, a genre that is dead in the mainstream, but also wants to appeal to the modern streaming crowd. Their way of doing so is going for the most generic and safe type of House music, and keeping every song under 3:30.

4 minutes ago, damag said:

Everyone expresses their opinion like it’s the truth. Putting “I think”, and “I feel” before every statement is unnecessary.

You don’t need to be a producer to criticize production.

You’re unnecessarily rude and a perfect example of the horrible things y’all have been saying to people with genuine criticism.

Can we get a Chromatica Criticism Thread please? Somewhere where we can talk about the album and its shortcomings without getting insulted?

NibbCub
17 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

I've listened to the album multiple times now and I love the production. My only critique is that the lyrics/choruses got too repetitive on some songs. 

"But I'll keep looking, I'll keep looking for Wonderland, Wonderland"

"Rain on me, rain, rain
Rain on me, rain, rain"

"I can't see me cry
Can't see me cry ever again
I can't see me cry
Can't see me cry, this is the end" 

"My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911
My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911"

Is that common with house music?

To be fair Bad Romance and Just Dance are pretty repetitive.

eddyjeddy

Hahahah YOU ALL GOT PLAYED to whoever think it’s not her best album, it’s definitely up there and it has amazing production, what do you guys think it will have glitter and rainbow spitting out from it? The woman literally has all these health issues plus a f*cking crazy schedule but yet she still delivered an amazing production; lyrically and using different sounds from instruments etc and finally giving all of us the bops we’ve been pressuring from here since 2014. I know opinions are opinions but I’m so sorry for your lost by not enjoying the production of her cohesive art. :fthis:

bluemonkey

I agree, I like the album but the production is weak. For people that say it’s supposed to be that way because it’s supposed to be 90s, that’s a lazy excuse as the 90s had great production, but what they use was like generic form of 90s. Her music (in terms of writing) is already nostalgic of the 90s and a really good production would have bring it to the next level. I think it’s better than her previous albums.

Guest Adarsh

Gaga makes a very distinct album: buT iTs NoT cOhEsIve

Gaga makes a solid cohesive album: BuT iT soUnDs tHe sAmE 

Pick a struggle or stop complaining :fthis:

Nightcall

I don't fully agree with you but I do see where you're coming from. Some of the songs on the album do sound a little repetive, I still like most of them but it can be hard to tell them apart sometimes so a little change in the production would've been cool.

I'm happy with the album overall though. I haven't stopped playing it and I think it'll be my 3rd favorite album from Gaga. Sine from Above and Rain On Me especially are two songs that I instantly loved from the first time I listened to them, I don't think I've genuinely loved a Gaga song so much since like ARTPOP. 

To me this sound is very different from any of Gaga's previous albums. I'd say give the album another chance. Maybe it will grow on you or maybe it won't and that's ok. We all have different taste. You can always wait for the next album and/or get into other artists. That's what I did when Joanne came out since it really wasn't my cup of tea.

Also I don't see anything wrong with your opinion. It's not like you were being hateful or having a meltdown. I don't understand why some people are mad about it. :shrug:

Frankenztein

I don't mind the repetitiveness myself. However, I was listening to the album with my mom today, and she asked more than once "Is this the same song?" when we went from one song to the next.

I guess there is a pro and con to how cohesive the album is. Cohesion is good, but it also makes everything sound more same-ish. 

Nickypie101

I feel the same way, some of the production does feel very generic, such as 1000 doves the chorus sounds really basic edm to me I’m sorry

ARTGOD
52 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Gaga makes a very distinct album: buT iTs NoT cOhEsIve

Gaga makes a solid cohesive album: BuT iT soUnDs tHe sAmE 

Pick a struggle or stop complaining :fthis:

It’s almost like they are two sets of people who never held both opinions.

I think this album is really bland and repetitive, I don’t care about cohesiveness, and even if I did there are ways to make a cohesive album without making all the songs sound similar.

But it’s easier to argue against a straw man, I guess.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived