đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Alice as lead single

flopmatica

Featured Posts

flopmatica

In my opinion, Alice should have been the lead single. Do you guys think Alice would've performed well if it was chosen lead? It's one of the best songs off the album :whitney: 

And if it was chosen lead, what do you think would be the concept of the mv? 

I've thinking about this since Chromatica's release, and I'm curious about what you guys think so feel free to share your thoughts on this :heart: 

I really like Alice but I don’t think it’s a good lead single. The whole Alice in Wonderland play on words is cute and makes a fun track but fees a little cliche. I might be bias bc I really like the Natalia Kills Wonderland song and the Wynter Gordon demo from forever ago. 

I think it could have been the lead if it had something extra to the production like a more signature sound to go with the hook. 

I am not a fan of Stupid Love but I think it’s got a number of sounds that go with hooks to make it catchy. 

#MalibuGaga

not ALICE

Alice is everything. It's a new emotion. I have a Chromatic experience while listening to Alice, where no emotion is greater than the other. I feel desperation, love, anger, hope, freedom, ... ALICE FEELS COMPLETE. 

Anything but SL would have been amazing

1. Rain On Me
2. 911
3. Sine
4. Alice

Then she can release a fifth single of whatever is a fan favorite as an extra thing..

Delulu Rogers

I like Alice but I no longer think it’s single worthy. The structure just seems too choppy for it to do well on charts or radio. I’d be here for a video though 

Luke78619

Listening to the album I think SL was a fine lead single, I don’t really see Alice being lead material but maybe single material 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

ladygagafan1234

No. Alice is an album track. It's the strongest song but not lead single material, much like Aura. There's a difference.

OMonster

I agree, wholeheartedly. 

'Alice' takes us to Chromatica, and starts the journey into Gaga's brain and the troubles she deals with every single day. 

In the song, she's searching for Wonderland and in the album, she tells us why that is - what she's trying to escape. 

It would've been perfect. 

And in terms of a music video. Boy, it could've been so special. 

In my opinion, despite loving Stupid Love, I don't think it has a place on this album. So why they chose for it to be the lead is a real surprise to me.

subtext / fantasy

BlackCrown

I could totally see Alice being the lead single, it would have been a good opening to the world of Chromatica and it's single worthy, but I still think Stupid Love was a good lead choice

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

TortureMeOnReplay

I don't think there's enough variation in the lyrics and it kind of sounds flat. I feel like Stupid Love was probably the best lead single choice. 

ladygagafan1234
5 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I agree, wholeheartedly. 

'Alice' takes us to Chromatica, and starts the journey into Gaga's brain and the troubles she deals with every single day. 

In the song, she's searching for Wonderland and in the album, she tells us why that is - what she's trying to escape. 

It would've been perfect. 

And in terms of a music video. Boy, it could've been so special. 

In my opinion, despite loving Stupid Love, I don't think it has a place on this album. So why they chose for it to be the lead is a real surprise to me.

If Alice was released beforehand, release day wouldn't of been nearly as special. Gaga doesn't just throw her strongest track out there to the gp because it's the lead single. It's the perfect intro to the album which is why it was saved.

Cookie Tookie

Rain On Me was the only option for lead single. That would have been a brilliant comeback. 

Archived