đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A Day One Fan's Response to "Fun Tonight"

crackpoppodcast

Featured Posts

crackpoppodcast

First off, I want to stress that this is probably one of the best songs Gaga has ever written, like ever. But I think it's obvious this is a direct address to us, the fanbase.

This song is her beautiful, heartbreaking, emotional breakup cry to us. It's clear she doesn't want to say goodbye, but she has to in order to really live her life. And we can't stop her anymore. She's given us so much. And she is continuing to. This album is going to be remembered as one of her best, have one of the most successful reigns of any recent album. She's using everything in her arsenal, every bit of influence and power that she's obtained to give us one last major pop era- with all of the "serving" that she knows we want from her. And this breaks my heart.

"Feeling something that I can't explain
Think it's a wound I still entertain
I'd do anything to numb the flame
I guess I'm just on fire these days"

"I can see it in your face
You don't think I've pulled my weight
Maybe it's time for us to say goodbye cause
I'm feeling the way that I'm feeling, I'm feeling with you
I'm not having fun tonight"

"You love the paparazzi, love the fame
Even though you know it causes me pain

I feel like I'm in a prison hell
Stick my hands through the steels bars and yell

What happens now
I'm not okay
And if I scream, you walk away
When I'm sad, you just wanna play
I've had enough
Why do I stay?
"

Gaga, if you ever read this- thank you. From the bottom of my heart. You've given and devoted so much of yourself to bettering our lives, and the lives of those around the world. And it's okay to say goodbye for now. You've ruled the world. You've earned your throne. Now- rest. Rest knowing that your kingdom of "little monsters" have become your "kindness punks." We're sorry. I'm sorry. For ever making you feel like you weren't golden because you've proven once again that you are.

Now, let's all enjoy this era, it's going to be a fun ride. And stay kind to one another.

Love, A Day One Little Monster turned Brave Kindness Punk

Rosalina

It’s truly one of her best songs. I cried my eyes out hearing it the first time, it’s so raw and emotional. 

Jill

It's my favorite from the album, and I didn't think that would be the case since so many seemed to hate it

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

TheSlash

A wonderful song :giveup: . But imo, "Replay" is the one directed to us. She sings

"Your monsters torture me"

And idk if it's just me, but it sounds like "Little Monsters torture me" when she sings it :udidnt: 

Ew, David!

TeardropsInMyFace

Just ro think in this idea tortures me 

im here for her forever

August sipped away like a bottle of wine ✨

Roronoa

I couldn’t have worded it better. Fun Tonight was where I started crying. Gaga has done more than enough now and she deserves to rest. There is nothing else left to conquer. It’s time she finds her happiness. 

Tears are flowing as I write this.. :bradley: For so many years now, I’ve wanted to hug her and lift her from the pain. 

Supercarpet

This album is sonically and lyrically so captivating yet it really hurts to hear her pouring her heart out singing and expressing these topics. I literally feel bad for her for all of the sh*t she has to go through for being our queen yet our prisoner:messga:

LadyxGaGa

literally so happy i didn’t listen to the leaks and i am just now listening to this. god damn the production value is so ****ing nice. listen to this with headphones pls

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I think it’s more of a stefani singing to Gaga type vibe. The part of her that wants to live her normal and the part that wants her to be famous 

it’s not a goodbye to us :laughga:

Archived