💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Sour Candy's release

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Does anyone think it is weird they (Gaga's team & Interscope) dropped Sour Candy early? It already has 15 million views on youtube...but the full week for charting doesn't start until midnight on Thursday. It's not a GP friendly track, but it seems like it could have easily gone top 20.....maybe even top 10....if it had been released tonight with the rest of the album.

Blastertoyo

I feel like it would be a contractual agreement in @BLACKPINK’s contract for the song to be released before the album 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

DOJA CAT

It's so fans have something "new" to stream while us Oceanic humans experience the whole album

thank u, next

Acid Wonderland

Because it leaked.. I guess they were scared that it would spread on Twitter videos and they would have lost streams. They didn't even make a custom single cover or something, you can tell that they uploaded it abruptly because it leaked . The album was already available on russian torrent sites. 

Delulu Rogers

Maybe cause they are aiming for it to be big in asia where it was already the 29th?

Shaney

i don't think it's weird at all. Blinks are a streaming FORCE and will have the Blinks + the asian market perched to stream Chromatica. Having multiple songs (ROM and Sour Candy) out generates hype and brings more attention to the album.

BattleForYourLife

I think they were trying to get people hyped for Chromatica. It worked.

babble on.

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Maybe cause they are aiming for it to be big in asia where it was already the 29th?

This makes the most sense. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

rence a deux
6 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Exactly.

𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚱.

DOJA CAT
Just now, Rencelot said:

Exactly.

It wasn't the 29th though, it was dropped at 9pm AEST which is 8pm KST... (28th)

thank u, next

Delulu Rogers
3 minutes ago, SOYEON said:

It wasn't the 29th though, it was dropped at 9pm AEST which is 8pm KST... (28th)

Who knows then 

Galactic Mess

I don't think those streams will count towards the US music charts, since most fans are watching the audio video from abroad. It'll probably boost her worldwide streaming numbers, since much of the world already has Chromatica for many hours now.

rence a deux
11 minutes ago, SOYEON said:

They don't want us sleeping already (especially for the BP fans) :huntyga:

But, if not, maybe it's because indeed a contractual agreement that it should be released before the album? :party:

𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚱.

Archived