opinion

Did anyone actually wait?

OMonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Touranese

trying to finish my daily tasks a little earlier than usual so I can have time to comfortably enjoy the release, cant waaaaait 

Franch Toast

I'm waiting, but mainly because I'm too lazy to get a VPN. Fortunately, I have lots of work to keep me busy, and I keep streaming "Sour Candy" too. I'm glad to have this extra time with the song. It's one of my favorites. 

She/Her/Hers

RAMROD

I waited, then I listen leaks, then I waited again for NZ time. 

I live in duality like that. CHROMATICA!!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LDGA

I am waiting too. I do not even know when is going to be uploaded to Spotify Colombia XD 

Still, we waited like 7 years for a dance-pop record, i can wait 5-6 hours more without problem. 

ShayCristoforo

I haven’t listened. 2 hours and 9 minutes to goooo

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Pennywise

I waited until like four hours after it was released in my country :huntyga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

B2theRich33

2 hours until it’s released for me.... and it’s been really hard. This album I feel is going to hit really close to home and I don’t think I’m mentally or emotionally prepared to feel what’s about to be presented. Both because it’s finally new Gaga music, but also, lately my life has been crud.... and “dancing through pain” really gives me hope that I’ll be okay. I’ve never listened to an album leak by Gaga, and I wasn’t going to let this be the first... no matter how desperately I feel her music may in fact heal me. Or at least allow that process to start. 

JusKeepBreathin

Me. I'm waiting. I waited for ROM and SL too. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

TylerBlake

does anyone know if the deluxe target tracks are gonna be on spotify? 

my bank account = the real enigma

51 minutes ago, OMonster said:

The album has been out for two hours now in the UK and I've listened to it twice with my boyfriend. 

I had to quote this post specifically because, truly, this album IS an experience - you are so, so right. 

It is like delving deep into Gaga's brain, and getting transported to a world of darkness and beauty in one. 

The production, the vocals, the lyrics... this album is breath-takingly ethereal. 

Don't get me wrong, Chromatica is a phenomenal pop album filled with upbeat joy and fun. But (aside from three tracks) it is a record that is so deeply melancholic and hypnotically disturbing. It is dark. It is introspective and lonely. It is, by far, Gaga's most personal and most moving album to date. 

Sure, the pain might be laced in classic 'Gaga' metaphors - but listen to her voice, listen to what she is saying and how she is saying it... Gaga is / has been hurting so much and it brings tears to my eyes. 

I am truly blown away by this record. 

Fame and our superficial culture is so extremely toxic, and this album leaves you feeling so deeply sad for Gaga in so many ways. 

Chromatica is like falling down the rabbit hole of a complicated dystopia - one where its ruler is constantly searching for Wonderland.

Just wow.

Really beautifully described! I agree entirely with your observations, there is a deep sense of longing running through the album, laced with heavenly vocals and captivating beats. It is truly a haunting, emotive experience! 

Archived