Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

So... Is Replay About Us?

Brecht

Featured Posts

I think Replay has a double meaning. It could be about an abusive romantic relationship. Or it could be about her relationship with us. You know, this love/hate relationship her fans have with her. 

Attention: lyrics spoilers.

Spoiler

"The monster inside you is torturing me
The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay"

"You’re the worst thing and best thing that’s happened to me"

While we're here listening to all her songs on replay, she keeps getting **** thrown at her over and over again. She acknowledges that she loves us deeply but at the same time we hurt her feelings. 

Spoiler

"Who was it that pulled the trigger, was it you or I?
I'm completely numb
Why you acting dumb
I won't blame myself 'cause we both know you were the one"

In here she questions if it's her fault, after all she was the one who "created" the monsters, and she wanted to be famous in the first place. But in the end she comes to the conclusion that being famous is not an excuse for being treated like ****. 

Spoiler

"Psychologically, it's something that I can't explain"

She doesn't understand this relationship logically. If we love her so much why do we keep hurting her?

Spoiler

"Your monsters torture me"

If you listen without paying attention it sounds like she says "you monsters torture me".

I don't think it's a reach since most of the second act is about fame. What do you think?

Stef666

Her Replay could mean anything.

Seriously tho, Replay can be about anything bad in your life you are fighting with

IM GOING TO TAKE A S**T ON MY LAPTOP AND THROW IT LIKE A FRISBY YOU F***ING B**CH

Obobo

I felt guilty listening to it because I remembered when I was like 15 and called her a weird hag for not following me on twitter :bradley:  So yes, I think its about us...

CautiousLurker

Nvm :neyde:

Spoiler

I hate looking dumb cuz the site gets slow :bradley:

Dayman

Fun Tonight, Replay and Plastic Doll all felt very relevant to fans. :awkney:

Head Empty

I think Plastic Doll has a bigger chance of being about her fans :poot:

Galactic Mess

Yeah, we're back to ambiguity and speculation! Only now I realise how much I've missed this.

buzzkill

could be but i didnt heard the music yet. if it sounds-like a nostalgic TFM-gaga possible yes. :sis:

Janosch

i thought it was about carino at first, but your theory makes a lot of sense tbh :/

ThisGuyTony

I haven’t heard it yet but those lyrics are gooood. :enigma:

I could see how it could fit both contexts.

Archived