Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Where Tf Is SOPHIE?

radioactive

Featured Posts

Chromatography

i’m not upset over the sophie thing but i’m a little worried about bloodpop having his fingers in everything...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyaway

First of all, calm down. Gaga never said anything about her so why being mad about it? 

Second, if she felt cool around guys who are also talented af why is that bad? Chromatica I, II and III were made by girls. 

And last, don't you remember Sophie did Bitch I'm Madonna :billie:? Big no for me. 

LePythagore
6 minutes ago, Monsterxo said:

Her pots and pans instrumentals prob gave Gaga a headache and she decided to scrap her.

SOPHIE has produced perfectly accessible and streamlined pop tracks in the past though? 
"It's Not Just Me" and "Sunscreen" are the best examples for this. 

Itsbrenda
1 minute ago, alicefromabove said:

And last, don't you remember Sophie did Bitch I'm Madonna :billie:? Big no for me. 

Wow, she is really not good then. I only knew her from the rubbish people post on her by her that sound like pots and pans :oops:

happy she isn’t on it tbh

adamsenigma

When asked about SOPHIE on the Chromatica credits, BloodPop said "TBA" so that means that Gaga's gonna release more music this year (there was a rumor of an EP coming this fall during the time he said that) or the song(s) will end up on SOPHIE's album. 

Roboboy

what's not clicking - this news came out months ago. Bloodpop did respond to a fan to say that the SOPHIE collaboration was yet to be announced, however.

Guest michaelbaumgardner

This is so heartbreaking. 

SOPHIE was the main reason why I was excited for this album, and seeing how BloodFlop’s production has been on Stupid Love and Rain On Me (even though I do like Rain On Me), I’m terrified for this album. 
I’m also seeing now that Boys Noize seems to not have production credits on the album, which is even more heartbreaking. If there wasn’t SOPHIE, I was praying his production would be on there somewhere. 

Come for me if you want, but BloodPop‘s production is so basic in my opinion. One thing that I’ve always loved about Gaga since day one was that her music always sounded authentic, different, and never-been-done-before. This, just ain’t it for me. I know that sounds incredibly selfish and greedy, but c’mon. 

All I can say is that I’ll see what she serves on Friday. I hope it’s not a letdown...

:wtf:

flyaway
Just now, Itsbrenda said:

Wow, she is really untalented then. I only knew her from the crap people post on her by her that sound like pots and pans :oops:

She's talented, but personally I'm not into that PC music she's made with Charli XCX

BleepBloop
3 minutes ago, Itsbrenda said:

Wow, she is really untalented then. I only knew her from the crap people post on her by her that sound like pots and pans :oops:

Shut it:kiss:

She only did some production on the verses, the rest is Diplo's work.

Honestly, this fanbase is SO heartbreakingly basic LMAO, no wonder ya'll thought that ARTPOP was experimental. There's more to music than just Top 40 radio and the occasional indie bop.

Chromatography
1 minute ago, mikeyxgaga said:

All I can say is that I’ll see what she serves on Friday. I hope it’s not a letdown...

:wtf:

my wallet agrees :bradley: $200 spent on merch better not be for naught...i haven’t bought merch since BTW from Gaga :enigma:

SpiritBunny

Sophie is probably the most overrated producer on this website holy cow. I'm glad she's not on the album I don't need screech metal noises and pots and pans clanking in my music, thanks. xoxo stream ROM xoxo

Enzo

Remember when SOPHIE herself confirmed she did work with Gaga to some fans and she was talking about it in a not amusing way, she knew from the start :billie:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

not Chromatica

To all the Big Complainers™ (i.e. people who complain about other people complaining)—this is a very specific thread that's obviously not for you so click away and preach your gospel elsewhere. We don't wanna hear it.

But yeah, @radioactive spilled it! I've been thinking a lot about how rarely she works with female/femme producers and how her whole discography is esentially a big boys' club, which is super ironic considering her message of women uplifting women. Now, I am 100% against tokenization and I do not believe that anyone should feel obligated to work with people from any particular group just for the sake of it, especially if we're talking creative collaboration. That should be organic. However, I can't help but feel that she doesn't even try. 

As to why SOPHIE's not on the album—I'm guessing her sound was way too different from the rest of the record, which seems to be pretty mainstream house driven. I'm sad too, but maybe it's for the better. Maybe they just didn't mesh well and that's simply it. I took Gaga dancing to PonyBoy last Halloween and putting it up on Insta as a lowkey confirmation of SOPHIE's involvement with the project, but alas... Idk, maybe they'll work together in the future. Maybe Gagz will pull a Vroom Vroom and work closely with SOPHIE on a killer EP. Who knows?!

Archived