ShayCristoforo

Guys, chill...

Eh Eh is 2:55
Perfect Illusion is 3:02
Beautiful, Dirty Rich is 2:52
John Wayne is 2:54
La Vie En Rose is 2:59
Look What I found is 2:55

And there are other examples of the point I'm trying to make. Gaga and her teammates are fully capable of making shorter songs that still feel complete.  

Of course, there's no question that none of these songs I listed are her BIGGEST hits, but let's be patient and have some faith, before melting down. We've only heard like 15% of Chromatica so far. 

And so far, the feedback on Chromatica era as a whole (as a concept, as a visual, as a thought leadership, the music, the videos) has been generally positive.  

Ariana Grande Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CautiousLurker
4 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

La Vie En Rose is 2:59

That's a strange one to include to prove your point - you do know it's not Gaga's song, right :vegas:

MrDarkGa

Fully agree.

But I can see the other side's reasons. For a lot of people who weren't here for Joanne, this is their first record in 7 years. Or its the first record that is pure Gaga in 4 years. 

Can we just stop arguing about that and just wait for an album to be released? So we can judge whether making those shorter tracks was in fact a bad idea or not? 

JoanneMonster

I completely agree, I don't get why some people here care so much about tracks being 2:56 or 34:12

I See You

Dilwyn

is just a silly thing to be angry about

most songs nowadays are even smaller, she can't keep making 5 minutes songs in 2020.

ROM is a great song and it's barely 3 minutes long. Let's just wait for an album. For real. 

ToxicHot

I agree. They're just song LENGTHS.

I absolutely LOVE long songs with extended intros/outros, but sometimes a longer song doesn't necessarily mean more quality. I'm grateful that we're getting an album at all. In a way, I guess shorter songs make them more easily consumable. Idk. But I'm not melting down over it. Let's just enjoy them for what they are.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Prostitute Barbie

If the album has to be 43 minutes I’d rather have a bunch of shorter tracks than only like 10 long ones. It gives me more new things to hear and I’ll have my target edition on repeat 25/8 anywaySss  

Bubblegum Bitch

I was shocked, too. Like, Sour Candy is 2:37, what? :awkney: 

But then I had a realizaishun! (thanks to @Dayman) Goody Goody is 2:12, They All Laughed is only 1:49 – and they are good songs, so length doesn't mean quality. :queenga:

ShayCristoforo
13 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

That's a strange one to include to prove your point - you do know it's not Gaga's song, right :vegas:

Of course. But regardless, it's still a song that Gaga recorded. And it feels complete; still proves the point. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

jorja

Yes. People act like they're just a bunch of 5 minute long track that got shortened.. that's just not realistic :laughga: these songs were CONCEIVED this way, they were meant to be short, and that's it. 

I trust Gaga and BloodPop :lana:

RahrahWitch

This is what streaming has done, Shorter songs get more plays. It was bound to happen eventually.

That said, It is a dance album so short songs were expected. The key thing is if they have repeatability.

Dayman
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

I was shocked, too. Like, Sour Candy is 2:37, what? :awkney: 

But then I had a realizaishun! (thanks to @Dayman) Goody Goody is 2:12, They All Laughed is only 1:49 – and they are good songs, so length doesn't mean quality. :queenga:

We love the acknowledgement of "They All Laughed" - truly one of the best off of Cheek to Cheek imo!

It's also worth noting that HALF of Cheek to Cheeks 20 over all songs are under 3 minutes and even the longest of the remaining 10 is 4:15. These are songs that have stood the test of time and are truly classics too! It's a lot like writing an essay for school, some kids will turn in 10 pages and it can be just okay and then some kids can turn in 3 pages and knock it out of the park!

Archived