đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shorter songs means gone the days of Gaga's signature Hooks?!

Gerrard174

Featured Posts

pop ate my heart
3 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

but that "stuttering" is what makes Gaga songs GAGA songs. Its catchy and becomes an earworm. Thats the Gaga hook

What you're doing is literally putting her in a very small box musically. Those long dramatic hooks are what she chose for TFM and BTW, not her entire career:ladyhaha: not even in TF she did that type of thing. Musicians evolve and Gaga's trying a lot of different styles/sounds/ways of writing. But one thing we're sure, is that it's still gonna be DRAMA and GAGA, but in a CHROMATICA format. Does that make sense to yall?

You really think you know what Gaga is when in fact, she's a lot more stuff than what you like the most and she's a good artist. And good artists innovate themselves all the time.

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gerrard174
6 minutes ago, ice bear said:

if so, paper magazine was lying with "hooks stronger than the fame" 

The word 'hook' is used differently. They could mean 'chorus'.

Let's see tomorrow when Chromatica is out. Knowing gaga, she will leave some hooks in her songs since it is her writing style. For example, free woman demo has post-chorus, but probably being cut short from 3.41 to 3.11.

pop ate my heart
Just now, pop ate my heart said:

What you're doing is literally putting her in a very small box musically. Those long dramatic hooks are what she chose for TFM and BTW, not her entire career:ladyhaha: not even in TF she did that type of thing. Musicians evolve and Gaga's trying a lot of different styles/sounds/ways of writing. But one thing we're sure, is that it's still gonna be DRAMA and GAGA, but in a CHROMATICA format. Does that make sense to yall?

You really think you know what Gaga is when in fact, she's a lot more stuff than what you like the most and she's a good artist. And good artists innovate themselves all the time.

Plus, if she does the same song structure and the samw type of hooks everytime, yall would be the same ones calling her 'tired' and 'we've seen it before'

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, pop ate my heart said:

Mate, calm down and read my post again :billie:

I'm not putting her in a small box at all. I'm just stating what is fact. The Fame did it, TFM had it, BTW had it, ARTPOP had it, Joanne had it, and Chromatica has it :billie:

End Racism Now

VasilisVas

Yes, I’m a little upset about the song lengths, too, but it is what it is. There’s nothing for us to do but wait for the album and enjoy it. This isn’t the last album Gaga will ever release, so let’s not act like Gaga won’t ever release another song that’s over 4 minutes long..or in this case over 3 minutes long. Let’s get over it and patiently wait and we can all praise (or not) the album on Friday. 
“Stop the drama, start the music.” :stalkga:

Jewels n Drugs

Says who? Can we hear the album first

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

JustJames
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

a question I have is: do tighter songs like a ROM suit her better than something wider like TEOG? I personally think subject matter and story being told is the most important factor in asking ourselves this.

DISCLAIMER: I love that she has gone 110% into this era with her eyes on dominating what the pop music industry has deemed success in 2020. It is what I personally have wanted to see since TF re: hunger for having her music consumed via proper rollout, etc. Chromatica will be fantastic. Period.

NOW: I would LOVE for her to find a way to blend both. I fell in love with her because she has taken every part of what we consider 'normal' and twisted it in a unique and fascinating way that pushed pop in new directions. The 'new normal' right now is < 3:00 songs that appeal to streaming because of its influence on Certifications, Charts, and other industry benchmarks of success.

Fans always love to throw out the phrase that her music is "dated," but if/when the industry recalibrates and users hitting "skip" on Spotify isn't as important, I think an album that finds the right mix of GP-digestible songs between 3:00 > 3:30 and deep cuts that allow for experimentation and creativity (playing with song structure a la Government Hooker) between 3:30 and 4:00 would be a fantastic evolution. I mean, we stan a queen who has a lyric-packed 5-minute banger in Bad Romance, 5+ minutes of rock-inspired euphoria with a saxophone bridge in EOG, and the collab of 2020 at barely 3 minutes in ROM.

I'd love it all in 1 album. I'm greedy.

The theory of ARTPOP has never been so tangible in the need to find a mix of the two. I won't leap to conclusions, but everything from the song lengths to the lack of Gaga's influence in the writing/production realm screams that Chromatica is most prominently about affirming her presence and relevance in modern-day Top 40. She is Gaga and so it is going to be brilliant, but I hope after this era, she has the support and desire to take a less commercial-driven approach to future releases.

2School4Cool

We really can’t make assumptions without hearing the songs. Gaga has had big choruses and hooks with shorter songs before, and if she doesn’t this time around, oh well, that doesn’t mean the songs won’t be any good. This era has had two amazing singles, two amazing video, stunning visuals, incredible interviews, hints at brilliant poetic lyrics, numerous stories of how much this music has healed her, let’s not let the amount of minutes the album runs for ruin our excitement for what could end up being Gaga’s best album to date! Let’s go into the album with a blank slate, no expectations, and just discover and enjoy what Gaga’s giving us!

See The Best In Everyone

JustJames
32 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

I think people are just excited for the new album; we now have the lengths of the tracks and compared to the rest of her iconic albums, they are objectively much shorter. It's natural to want to discuss what that may mean, even if out of anxiety during the wait. Regardless, it does correlate perfectly with the trends of the music industry in terms of how streaming consumption dictates success metrics. That warrants some discussion and I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that. 

I think, at the heart of the question is, whether we think 3:00 on average is enough time for her to innovate. This is a Gaga fan discussion forum... what's so wrong in asking/discussing that? :)

fede ARTPOP

Im missing the epic intros the most. :bradley:

đź–¤ C H R O M A T I C A đź–¤

Dr Fudge

I was thinking about the nonsense of people having meltdowns today as I was driving and listening to Monster. The song is 4 minutes and 9 seconds long, but the doesn’t really start til 30 seconds in. It’s like 3 minutes and 30 seconds of bliss minus the intro. I’m sure this applies to many of her songs. People need to actually listen to the music before casting stones.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Archived