šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shorter songs means gone the days of Gaga's signature Hooks?!

Gerrard174

Featured Posts

Damon

lmao what?

I FREAK OUT I FREAK OUT I FREAK OUT LOOK AT ME

RAIN. ON. ME.

RAIN ON ME RAIN RAIN

I think we have plenty of them so far

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlasticDollGirl

Iā€™m glad, we should evolve with the times. If everything was same every era we would be bored. Keep the song sweet and short.Ā 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

alice911

Gurl u got a decade worth long songs from Gaga. Now let her try this as well in peace. Dance pop songs should be cute and short

lol what is wrong with you peopleĀ :ladyhaha:

Electronic Pop Music Producer šŸŽ¹šŸŽøšŸŽ¶

JustTea
56 minutes ago, Gerrard174 said:

So far two songs from Chromatica, SL has no hook other than chorus, rain on me has a instrumental breakdown after chorus (the outro could definitrly work as postchorus but she didnt)

SL has multiple hooks imo, "Freak out freak out" "Heyaya yohoo, heyaya yohoo" "all i ever wanted was love", "look at me" and chorus not so much.

Suuus
34 minutes ago, Patrickern777 said:

I waited 7 years for it, butĀ it allĀ was all a Perfect IllusionĀ 

Not you ignoring everything gaga has done in those 7 yearsĀ 

Xardas

This is a trend now. Wait for Gaga going non-mainstream againĀ 

IG: @bartoszprazuch

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, Gerrard174 said:

The short song length in Chromatica is likely an indication of less hooks inĀ songs, for example Stupid Love/rain on me. By 'Hook', i mean chorus + post chorus or anyĀ parts that are catchy and repeated multiple times in a song.

Classic example of hooks other thanĀ chorus:

Bad romance (ra-rah ah ah, oooh oohh caught in a bad romance)

Judas (oh oh judas, judas juda-ah)

Scheisse (gibberish german,oh oh oh)

Venus (take me to the planet,Ā goddess of love)

Poker face (P-p-poker face)

Hair (as free as my hair-air)

Of course there are bops without hooks like Aura, GUY. I was listening to BTW ans ARTPOP today and realised those albums have so many songs of multiple hooks. I kindsĀ miss newĀ songs with multiple hooks and big chorus. I hope she will have songs like this on Chromatica (but given such short length i doubt so).

So far two songs from Chromatica, SL has no hook other than chorus, rain on me has a instrumental breakdown after chorus (the outro could definitrly work as postchorus but she didnt)

Ā 

What do you guys think? Is multiple hook no longer a thing for the present (streaming era)

I get exactly what you mean, and I miss those signature hooks as well. Perhaps she might be deliberately stepping away from them, as a means of shaking up her own formula?

Mister G

I donā€™t think shorter tracks is a bad thing. We started seeing that with Joanne. I think part of the reason why some people skip around a lot is because a lot of her tracks from BTW and ARTPOP were closer to 4:00 minutes. You can still have hooks with shorter songs that are upbeat and faster.

flyaway

Shorter song, less story to tellĀ :selena:

But hey, let's hope next one is a Progressive Rock albumĀ :ladyhaha:

Rain On Me had a hook. And quite frankly, I found Stupid Love kinda catchy, not necessarily in the conventional way but definitely had a hook, mainly in the pre-prechorus (freak, freak out) ... the prechorus though saved the song in so many ways, no one can hate that beautiful "all i ever wanted was love" prechorusšŸ’•

Archived