💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

But on a standout like “911,” Gaga manages to expertly balance her suffering and self-frustration with the dancefloor freedom that defines the album — “My biggest enemy is me / Pop a 911,” she sings, promoting the prescribed, productive pills that help so many of us regulate our mental health, rather than escapist, addictive drugs that can so quickly derail even the best and brightest. As a pop star who is intimately familiar with highs and lows, Lady Gaga is successful on Chromatica because she doesn’t flinch away from the darkest parts of the world, or herself, but instead drills down beneath the surface until she finds something bright and molten, something she can shape a new universe from.

https://uproxx.com/pop/lady-gaga-chromatica-review/

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buzzkill
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

I'm guessing 75, what about SPIN? 

Its a solid 50/60

:sis:

Anveeroy

There’s no denying that Mother Monster can carry a tune on her own, though, and ‘Enigma’, a pop anthem of epic proportions if there ever was one, might be the best example of that. Still, the album is bogged down by its lesser moments, like the vapid ‘Fun Tonight’ or the derivative closer ‘Babylon’, in which the absurdity of the track’s concept is pushed a bit too far – even for Gaga. Chromatica might not be the fully-realized world that its instrumental interludes try to hint at, but it certainly succeeds in delivering more than a few fabulously larger-than-life, nostalgic dance bops. This might not be Gaga shedding the artifice, but it feels like a liberating affirmation that she can paint the world without being anything less than herself.

https://ourculturemag.com/2020/06/03/album-review-lady-gaga-chromatica/

Anveeroy
Just now, jesse g said:

Its a solid 50/60

:huntyga:

Jennie Kim

At least critics gave us a day to enjoy the Universal Acclaim on MC :vegas:

But we knew from the beginning it wouldn't hold that score. 

By the way, someone should email MC the Chicago Tribune review, it's been released for a couple of days now and it hasn't been added. It's a 75 so it should help balance the Spin/Vulture reviews. 

GC1234
16 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I’m sorry but what a load of hypocritical rubbish! The fact that they’re celebrating ARTPOP yet they gave it a 6/10 when it came out! Get that fire exit door, I’m off...

Get that fire exit door, I’m off...

Anveeroy
Just now, Jennie Kim said:

At least critics gave us a day to enjoy the Universal Acclaim on MC :vegas:

But we knew from the beginning it wouldn't hold that score. 

By the way, someone should email MC the Chicago Tribune review, it's been released for a couple of days now and it hasn't been added. It's a 75 so it should help balance the Spin/Vulture reviews. 

@Admin can you please? if possible? 

Hybrid AT

I don't let critic reviews get to me generally (it's always great to see her received well tho, I must say) but this one for BTW. The war flashbacks :selena:

The whole fanbase was shook then about what just happened. Nobody could comprehend why these assholes gave her a f*cking 0

"Beyond all else, perhaps, think of this zero as the massive bedazzled orifice out of which our heroine has spawned a new era of popular culture."

— Tiny Mix Tapes

We truly are far from the shallow.mp3 OGHs now. Her impact :bradley:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Anveeroy
Just now, HybridAT said:

I don't let critic reviews get to me generally (it's always great to see her received well tho, I must say) but this one for BTW. The war flashbacks :selena:

The whole fanbase was shook then about what just happened. Nobody could comprehend why these assholes gave her a f*cking 0

"Beyond all else, perhaps, think of this zero as the massive bedazzled orifice out of which our heroine has spawned a new era of popular culture."

— Tiny Mix Tapes

We truly are far from the shallow.mp3 OGHs now. Her impact :bradley:

The HORROR! :huntyga:

Hybrid AT
Just now, Aarghya said:

The HORROR! :huntyga:

Did they (TMT) review Chromatica yet? Do they do reviews anymore?

Shady bitches

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

Did they (TMT) review Chromatica yet? Do they do reviews anymore?

Shady bitches

They do, but we haven't got any reviews after BTW 

buzzkill

i think the vulture doesnt count anymore. the last review register on MC was from 2009

Anveeroy
Just now, jesse g said:

i think the vulture doesnt count anymore. the last review register on MC was from 2009

then we are more doomed :huntyga:

buzzkill
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

then we are more doomed :huntyga:

but there that chicago tribune one 

Modern Xtacy

The reviews for this album are so confusing some reviewers think it’s her best and deepest work while others think it’s weak and not deep enough. Chromatica might be her most controversial album yet. At least with ARTPOP they all pretty much agreed it wasn’t good (not saying ARTPOP is bad I love her)

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived