💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ROM is Gaga's highest & most challenging chorus

derpmonster

Featured Posts

Economy
38 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

few vocal coaches have mentioned this. That the way gaga is singing is very technical and her use of falsetto is flawless. 

Im Sure many of the "vocal coaches" on YouTube aren't actual professional vocal coaches anyway :rip:

They probably have a personal interest in music and vocals and maybe know more than the average person from self taught knowledge and just call themselves vocal coaches :emma: Many probably don't even have clients in real life :lmao:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere
3 minutes ago, HauntingHollow said:

If she uses the light mix she does in the studio, then she should be okey, i think the first and second chorus both have falsetto, onl yhte last one she mixes lightly, cant hear any chest on the E5s. 

That is the correct answer. thank you :oops:

FameHookah
Just now, Economy said:

Sure many of the "vocal coaches" on YouTube aren't actual vocal coaches anyway :rip:

They probably have a personal interest in music and vocals and maybe know more than the average person from self taught knowledge and just call themselves vocal coaches :emma: Many probably don't even have clients in real life :lmao:

Yeah im shook how just 1 noticed that gaga note at the end haha

Is that note even real? I dont think gaga can hit that tbh 🥺

WTF is MDNA

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, HauntingHollow said:

If she uses the light mix she does in the studio, then she should be okey, i think the first and second chorus both have falsetto, onl yhte last one she mixes lightly, cant hear any chest on the E5s. 

Yep. But the thing is she hardly ever does that live. She much prefer to belt live at least until recently. It's just a guess that she might try to do it all including the E5s in her chest voice. Would be easier if she did it in a lower key. It's a fast song and mixing can be hard to negotiate + her head voice is very delicate and she doesn't use it live that often.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

FameHookah

Also kinda offtopic but, its me or the RAIN ON MEEE gaga sings at the end is the same note she sang at the end of King of Pain live with sting? Im not an expert but it sounds familiar.

WTF is MDNA

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

Backtracks and her armonizing as always.

As low voice male its way too hard for me to even transpose that lmao, i usually harmonize with them on the chorus, i can reach it easily if i do falsetto tho (same with heal me and the cure) but i dont like singing in that "fake" register.

I'm a baritone-bass but I can sing high enough to sing an octave below her. That makes it a lot of fun to sing her stuff. But yes, songs like Heal Me and The Cure are hard because if I'm doing it an octave below, I have to sing notes like C4 and D4 in falsetto which is pretty unstable. 

Economy
3 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

Yeah im shook how just 1 noticed that gaga note at the end haha

Is that note even real? I dont think gaga can hit that tbh 🥺

Depends. You can hit notes in recording that live u can't

Cuz it's easier to sing a single note that is reaching your limits than to do it while already singing and having to transition

So during recordings u can keep singing that part till u get it right and then just edit it in the song

Edit: an example is Adam Lopez from Australia the singer with the highest vocal range in the the world (over 6 octaves)... But he can go even higher focusing on single notes which he did for Guiness world records... Those notes he hit for the records are not part of his singing vocal range because he can't hit them in the middle of a song

But if he was recording they could edit them in

KORG

I am a man and I have nailed it from first try. It drops a bit when she says "but"... maybe I sound awful. Ugh. Fantasy ruined.

FameHookah
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

Yep. But the thing is she hardly ever does that live. She much prefer to belt live at least until recently. It's just a guess that she might try to do it all including the E5s in her chest voice. Would be easier if she did it in a lower key. It's a fast song and mixing can be hard to negotiate + her head voice is very delicate and she doesn't use it live that often.

Its harder for her to do her head voice on tour + the acoustics of the place, she has to belt to hear herself better i think.

So maybe acoustically?

WTF is MDNA

gypsy101

45 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I'm uneducated on this subject but isn't it similar to Heal Me and/or Look What I Found as well? :oprah:

those are both very high choruses too. i sing a bit and the choruses of those 3 are all very high

derpmonster
Just now, FameHookah said:

Its harder for her to do her head voice on tour + the acoustics of the place, she has to belt to hear herself better i think.

So maybe acoustically?

Yep. Especially with low head voice as it's harder to hear. She does highish head voice fine. Like F5 at Jazz. But low head voice is rare like in TEOG at the JWT. Again, an acoustic version. :) she didn't do it for The Cure which actually features head voice in the studio version. 

There are other singers who can do head voice live easily (the being able to hear isn't a universal issue) but every voice is different and configured differently. 

FameHookah
Just now, derpmonster said:

I'm a baritone-bass but I can sing high enough to sing an octave below her. That makes it a lot of fun to sing her stuff. But yes, songs like Heal Me and The Cure are hard because if I'm doing it an octave below, I have to sing notes like C4 and D4 in falsetto which is pretty unstable. 

Same 🥺 but i really love that gaga plays a LOT with her low voice, and singing along her is so much fun like on the bridge "tsunami on me im about to fly"  hahaha i really love that "rapping, talking" thing she does, babylon  also seems to be one of these songs 😍

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah
Just now, derpmonster said:

Yep. Especially with low head voice as it's harder to hear. She does highish head voice fine. Like F5 at Jazz. But low head voice is rare like in TEOG at the JWT. Again, an acoustic version. :) she didn't do it for The Cure which actually features head voice in the studio version. 

There are other singers who can do head voice live easily (the being able to hear isn't a universal issue) but every voice is different and configured differently. 

Hers is so light and airy so maybe its harder for her to control, also fatigue, lack of sleep, alcohol and cigarretes make it harder to use that register for me, and i assume for her also.

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Depends. You can hit notes in recording that live u can't

Cuz it's easier to sing a single note that is reaching your limits than to do it while already singing and having to transition

So during recordings u can keep singing that part till u get it right and then just edit it in the song

Yep i think kesha had that issue with praying i think.

Im pretty sure gaga will rely on a backtrack for these light notes and she'll do arianas harmonies.

WTF is MDNA

derpmonster
1 minute ago, FameHookah said:

Same 🥺 but i really love that gaga plays a LOT with her low voice, and singing along her is so much fun like on the bridge "tsunami on me im about to fly"  hahaha i really love that "rapping, talking" thing she does, babylon  also seems to be one of these songs 😍

i ****ing love that. Because I sing that too an octave down from her. And she has resonant low notes just like I do. My bf is jealous because he is a tenor. He can actually sing everything in Gaga's own octave but his tone never matches Gaga's whereas mine does :billie:

in male bodied and female bodied voices, I feel like tenor matches the tone of soprano in general, baritone of mezzo, and bass of contralto (when something is sung an octave apart).

Archived