303 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chromatica have fillers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe 1

Featured Posts

Reality
Just now, BadGurlMadge said:

Fillers are songs that artists created that soundsĀ very different/basic from the rest of the album and was created to fill up missing space for tracks that didnā€™t made the cut for a releaseā€

here we can clearly see that Highway Unicorn was a filler

"...songs that artists created that sounds very different/basic from the rest of the album" -Ā Okay, but what does that mean? An album doesn't necessarily need to sound cohesive. Dancin' In Circles and Grigio Girls sound very different. Some people may cosider Grigio Girls as a "filler," but by your definition, why not DIC? It sounds very different from the rest of Joanne. "Basic" is also subjective. It depends on the context of the time period and the album's sound.

"...was created to fill up missing space for tracks that didn't make the cut for release" -Ā Did you read what you just wrote? Why would sheā€”orĀ anyĀ artistā€”need to "fill up" the tracklist if they already have songs available to them that they've already recorded throughout the creative process? In every album, Gaga's probably recorded dozens and dozens of songs. Every tracklist she curates represents what the album entails. There's no need to "fill up" the tracklist. If that were the case, she would've just picked another song she already recorded and produced to be a part of the album.

"Here we can clearly see that Highway Unicorn was a filler" -Ā That's subjective. Just because you dislike the song doesn't mean it's a "filler." I dislike Telephone. Is that a "filler"? It also doesn't sound "very different/basic" from the rest of BTW. The whole album, actually, is very cohesive.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 hour ago, Doot said:

Hey Girl.Ā 

Sinners Prayer.Ā 

Fashion!

But what makes them "fillers"? Are they songs you don't like? Are they songs that you think have no meaning? Are they songs that are just more unpopular than other songs?

She picked those songs to be on the album because they each meant something to her. She's recorded hundreds of songs in her career. Why would she put songs that she doesn't think as as "meaningful" or "impactful" on an album when she has literally hundreds of others to choose from?

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Reality
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

HML is one of them.Ā :sweat:

Okay, how is HML a "filler"?

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Hybrid AT
1 hour ago, Doot said:

Hey Girl.Ā 

Sinners Prayer.Ā 

Fashion!

WRONG

Totally WRONG

Filler definition:

FillerĀ songs are actually intended to be such by the artist.Ā FillerĀ are songs that a band just rushes through without any real dedication or inspiration, just to meet a deadline for an albums release, or to quickly capitalize on a hit or to literally fill up space

Hey Girl: Female empowerment, uplighting each other, true duet in terms of having a back and forth style conversation with your collaborator, Elton and Bowie influences, album highlight

Sinner's Prayer: Lyrical gold, heartbreak, leaving a man she doesn't want to, turning to her catholic roots, mentions family, fits within the back to home, stripped down theme of Joanne

Fashion! About the art of transformation, feeling good in what you wear, finding your self-confidence through fashion, very Bowie-esque, fits within the theme of ARTPOP

Again, you guys need to keep questioning yourselves if the songs that you call fillers fit under the definition of filler and not let your bias towards not liking the songs under question affect it.

You continue to upset him buddy. Not good

image.png

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

GerMonsterNotta
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

"Filler" is a word that's basically used to describe songs you don't like. There are no actual "fillers" onĀ albumsā€”at least, not with Gaga's albums :queenga:

So, if the question is, "Will there be songs on Chromatica that you won't like?", the answer is "sure, maybe 1."

But if the question is, "Are there unnecessary and superfluous songs on the album?", thenĀ the answer is no. She probably recorded hundreds of songs, there's a reason sheĀ picked these songs to be on the album :trollga:

^ Precisely this -Ā  a 'filler' is anĀ artefact term.Ā 

I do notĀ think Gaga in herself is ever short for choice of what she believes is quality material for an album, we all know how long she takes to write and how many songs she probably hasĀ to cut down from to formĀ anĀ album.Ā :ohwell:

RAMROD

No. But my buttocks might. It will be proven beneficiary for when sporting the JOCKSTRAPTICA and dancing to new albumĀ :shrug:

tenor.gif

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ young, dumb, and full of numb (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Hybrid AT
7 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Okay, how is HML a "filler"?

a18b6c5b1406a0a93b114f3154412ccd--womens

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

dynamite

A filler would be something like

Interscope: "Lede Gogah the deadline is tomorrow we need one more track"

Ledeg Gogah: UghĀ fine put Stuck On F*ckin You on it

:trollga:

Hybrid AT
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

"Filler" is a word that's basically used to describe songs you don't like. There are no actual "fillers" onĀ albumsā€”at least, not with Gaga's albums :queenga:

So, if the question is, "Will there be songs on Chromatica that you won't like?", the answer is "sure, maybe 1."

But if the question is, "Are there unnecessary and superfluous songs on the album?", thenĀ the answer is no. She probably recorded hundreds of songs, there's a reason sheĀ picked these songs to be on the album :trollga:

EDUCATE THEM HONEY

PREACH

lady-gaga-acdc-reaction.gif

Twitter
28 minutes ago, Mill said:

I still donā€™t get the hate for bad kids being a filler,Ā I was 16 at the time and I loved itĀ :kara:

I donā€™t think Bad Kids is a filler at all. Itā€™s a song that is very disliked here though.

Twitter
8 minutes ago, dynamite said:

A filler would be something like

Interscope: "Lede Gogah the deadline is tomorrow we need one more track"

Ledeg Gogah: UghĀ fine put Stuck On F*ckin You on it

:trollga:

Sounds like what she did with Love Me Right.

18 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

But what makes them "fillers"? Are they songs you don't like? Are they songs that you think have no meaning? Are they songs that are just more unpopular than other songs?

She picked those songs to be on the album because they each meant something to her. She's recorded hundreds of songs in her career. Why would she put songs that she doesn't think as as "meaningful" or "impactful" on an album when she has literally hundreds of others to choose from?

Fillers, at least imo, are songs that despite whether or not they are good, fail to come near the "peaks" of the album.Ā 

They are what I consider to be songs she recorded and liked, but on the album, they just fill up space.Ā 

The ones I picked are personally songs I don't like, but she does have fillers. Bad Kids, while I love the song, is no ScheiƟe or TEOG.Ā 

I think it's also rather telling that she didn't perform SP or HG on the tour. She might enjoy the album but for many, they are the weaker songs.Ā 

Then again she doesn't like Money Honey and I love it.Ā 

PAPA911

People need to stop calling songs "filler" just because they don't like theĀ track. Gaga is not the type of artist to make a song for no reason and throw it out there.Ā 

BlingNotTheMusic

The only fillers Gaga ever has are in her face. She has no filler songsĀ :vegas:

dynamite
Just now, Twitter said:

Sounds like what she did with Love Me Right.

Hopefully it's good though. Given the amount of time she spent on the album, I think she recorded a ton of songs and chose the best 14Ā :selena:

Archived