⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
tech

[Info Leak] Apple Glasses Is Coming

RAMROD

appleglass.jpg?itok=Pzlot3oq

maxresdefault.jpg

(All images are just illustration, not the final product.)

Jon Prosser has taken to YouTube to reveal several exclusive details about Apple's new AR Glasses in his latest video.

Firstly, Prosser says that they'll be called 'Apple Glass'. The starting price is apparently $499 plus the price of your prescription. It looks like Glass will operate the same way as the first generation of Apple Watch, with all data being processed on the iPhone.

Jon says that Apple planned to announce Apple Glass as a "One More Thing" announcement in either Q4 2020 or Q1 of 2021. The catch is that COVID-19 has suspended all such Apple keynotes, and it would of course like the media to be present. Apple was reportedly planning to try this at the iPhone 12 event, but all of this is dependent on the COVID-19 pandemic, and Prosser says there's a chance Apple might not be able to have the media presence it wants that early, so he offers March 2021 as an alternative window.

Availability to the public will come much later, in either Q4 2021 or Q1 2022, this could explain the disparity in Prosser's information versus that of Ming-Chi Kuo, suggesting one may have been talking about the announcement the, other the release date.

Prosser says that he's actually seen prototypes of Apple Glass. That version had a plastic frame, but the final material could change. Other features include integrated LiDAR on "the right temple" but no other cameras, and wireless charging with a provided stand.

Jon also says that Apple Glass displays information in both lenses through Apple's special UI called 'Starboard', a play on 'Springboard' for iOS. It can be controlled using gestures on the frame itself, or in front of the device. He also states that there will be a heavy focus on scanning proprietary Apple QR codes, and notes that you can only tell that the glasses are "digital" if you're wearing them.

Certainly, it sounds like these glasses are more engineered towards use for notifications, and enhancing your interactions with your iPhone, rather than a standalone product, or any kind of AR/VR headset for gaming etc.

Sources:

https://www.imore.com/jon-prosser-reveals-apples-ar-glasses-info-exclusive-new-video

https://youtu.be/SfjSy6T4iE4

So, certainly not gonna be as aggressive/nerdy looking as Google glass. Apple want it to be normal looking so general people will buy it. And not just techies. And since there are no cameras, people will likely not gonna feel weirded out when they see someone wearing these glasses in public, unlike Goggle glass were. Curious to see how it works. :oprah:

Would be exciting if it is going to be like interface of Iron-Man helmet, since it will use LiDAR. :billie:

plessey-glasses-1047x590.png

Also, the LiDAR sensor have been attached on latest iPad. And will be attached to iPhone 12 planned to release end of this year. So LiDAR will be a big thing for Apple, it seems.

Personally, I am excited to see the future. Also, they are gonna miss the opportunity if they don't name it iGlasses :billie:

WBU?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ visual ♥ rock ♥ and ♥ metal ♥ kind ♥ of ♥ guy ♥
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 3

Lord Temptation

My body is ready :v:

• YAAAS 1

LOVE JUNKIE

Apple got all this money and their high tech glasses look like... this? :awkney:

on a three day bender

RAMROD
1 minute ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Apple got all this money and their high tech glasses look like... this? :awkney:

What do you want it to look like? :oprah:

• Thanks 2

Gagi

Good idea, excited to see where that goes 

• Like 1

LOVE JUNKIE
Just now, RAMROD said:

What do you want it to look like? :oprah:

idk something sleeker and more stylish. These look like the most generic possible glasses. Like if you were trying to find a stock photo of glasses. Apple is known for their design. I feel like this just isn't up to their standards (I know it's just an artist rendering at this point, but still :triggered:)

on a three day bender
  • Thanks 1

Itsbrenda
5 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

These arn’t the glasses.. they won’t be announcing them till 2021, someone just mocked this up.

• Thanks 2

LOVE JUNKIE
1 minute ago, Itsbrenda said:

These arn’t the glasses.. they won’t be announcing them till 2021, someone just mocked this up.

Oh ok. I figured they weren't official but at least based on some sort of leaked schematic, but if it is just some randos illustration I guess I can't make any judgements.

on a three day bender
  • Like 1

RAMROD
1 minute ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

idk something sleeker and more stylish. These look like the most generic possible glasses. Like if you were trying to find a stock photo of glasses. Apple is known for their design. I feel like this just isn't up to their standards (I know it's just an artist rendering at this point, but still :triggered:)

Based in what we know, they seems to be on that route, it may still be generic /classic looking but more polished. We will see when it is officially announced.

• Like 1

LetsGetHigh

Wow, Google is truly always ahead the curve. 

Taylucifer

Let's hope they have different designs:huntyga:

• Thanks 1

Babel

Anyone else weirded out about having technology ingrained in your eyes for no good reason...

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Itsbrenda said:

These arn’t the glasses.. 

2 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Oh ok. I figured they weren't official 

Yup, it is also mentioned on the OP

17 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

appleglass.jpg?itok=Pzlot3oq

maxresdefault.jpg

(All images are just illustration, not the final product.)

:billie:

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Wow, Google is truly always ahead the curve. 

Sadly their execution always bad.

BlueHoneymoon

Until there are glasses like those ones in Heavy Rain, then what's the point.

Say you want me too. Dark Blue