💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did you know? ROM contains a music sample

Hybrid AT

Featured Posts

some really great use of the sample here, it's so cohesive with the song - they completely made it their own :applause:

MiQuenDroid
13 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

The bassline - the 3 notes that repeat in the 'background' of Gwen's song, and repeats in the background in the ROM pre-chorus and chorus, etc. 

Okayyyyyyy sis I have it! The "tin tin lin" at the beginning of ROM (0:00 and 0:15) is from the background (it begins at 0:08) of Gwen's song... It's really hard the hear it (close your eyes when you're listening to).

All I ever wanted was love...

juicyjuicy
13 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Can you give me the timecodes?

This might help (put your earphones on and turn it up - it helps a bit more as bassline is usually not as noticeable as the treble, etc.). Start around 0:34 and you can hear the riffs/notes she plays on the bass guitar - that's the bassline. 

Then in Gwen's song, it's the same riffs/notes in that bassline. Honestly, it's subtle though. Bit of a stretch to say it's a sample because it's such a commonly used riff in other songs, but it is pretty much the same.

MiQuenDroid
11 minutes ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Okayyyyyyy sis I have it! The "tin tin lin" at the beginning of ROM (0:00 and 0:15) is from the background (it begins at 0:08) of Gwen's song... It's really hard the hear it (close your eyes when you're listening to).

Well, it's reworked and pretty hard to hear at 0:30 in ROM. It's incredibly well used!

Ladle Ghoulash

That bass progression is honestly such a standard that idk how it could rightfully be called a ‘sample’, but covering their bases I guess

MiQuenDroid
3 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

That bass progression is honestly such a standard that idk how it could rightfully be called a ‘sample’, but covering their bases I guess

Listen to Rain On Me at 0:30 during 3 seconds (close your eyes, hear the background). It's the sample :ally:

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, MiQuenDroid said:

Listen to Rain On Me at 0:30 during 3 seconds (close your eyes, hear the background). It's the sample :ally:

I hear it, but frankly, it doesn’t even sound like it’s in the same key and it’s also processed and distorted in a way that, unless it is literally technically lifted from that track, idk why it would have to be listed as a sample. 

MiQuenDroid
Just now, zebulonpyke said:

I hear it, but frankly, it doesn’t even sound like it’s in the same key and it’s also processed and distorted in a way that, unless it is literally technically lifted from that track, idk why it would have to be listed as a sample. 

If it's really the case, it'll be credited on the CD/vinyl. We will see, or we maybe can ask to Bloodpop.

Hybrid AT
43 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

I don't hear ****. :selena:

43 minutes ago, Monsterxo said:

time?

1 hour ago, Guillermo Tello said:

am I the only one who doesn't hear it :duck: I am confusion

Listen to the pre-chorus synths of ROM at 0:33 at normal speed and the beginning of this song at 1.25x 

It's the exact same bassline

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Chlorine Sevigny
2 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Listen to the pre-chorus synths of ROM at 0:33 at normal speed and the beginning of this song at 1.25x 

It's the exact same bassline

I'm SHOOK

Oh ****. :udidnt:

Hybrid AT
1 hour ago, Zander said:

Wasn't this in the "Welcome to Chromatica" Spotify playlist her & Bloodpop put together? Wouldn't be surprised if there's more samples used in the album in that playlist. Maybe that's what she meant by "there's a few surprises in there to".

Not this track particularly, but she did feature Cassius, a French house duo who also used the same sample on one of their tracks from 1999 called Feeling For You

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Defmix100
7 hours ago, HybridAT said:

Not this track particularly, but she did feature Cassius, a French house duo who also used the same sample on one of their tracks from 1999 called Feeling For You

that reminds me of she wolf, I know it's not the same but similar vibe

mezzanine

Same notes, but I really don't understand that these cases are called sampling, it's literally 3 notes that you could for sure accidentally put on the song, if this is a sample, 100% sure that we'll sample an existing song while creating a new one, from the million already dropped out during the last 50 years. 

If they made it in purpose, which I guess is the case, I get it, but if not, my concern is if you can get sued for such minimum if it's just a random coincidence

Bowman

I heard it straight away! It’s in Gagas welcome to Chromatica playlist! 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Archived