Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rain On Me similarities?

jared011

Featured Posts

jared011

DISCLAIMER: This post is in NO way attempting to cheapen the MASTERPIECE that is Rain On Me, however, being a stan of the good sis Jojo, I can't help but hear similarities between the two songs.

When I first heard ROM, I knew it sounded like SOMETHING I had heard before, but couldn't put my finger on it. Ariana's verse is what eventually led me to the conclusion that ROM sounds a LOOOOOOT like Jojo's song "When Love Hurts," released as a tringle (triple single) in 2015. From the concepts (accepting a difficult situation), to the dance drops (dirty bass and thumping beats) to the verse melodies being nearly identical, to beginning the songs with the choruses, to the chorises being huge dance moments with minimal lyrics....there are just too many similarities to be ignored. For example, compare how Jojo sings "Those times went through me like a freight train" and Ari's "Never been a world where no one's innocent" parts. They are nearly identical. 

Since Gaga began working with Bloodpop back in 2015, i'm very curious if they were both indirectly inspired by Jojo's music. ANYWAY, I'm wondering if anyone else hears these similarities! I'm a HUGE fan of both Jojo and Gaga (FUN FACT:  when you search "Jojo" in iTunes, Gaga's complete discography shows up along with Jojo's, which is just a funny coincidence I'm sure but just something I've always noticed and been intrigued by). 

Thoughts thots?

mucinex

I hear a very slight similarity in melody though it just sounds like an easy coincidence to me. Who knows though, maybe Gaga is inspired by JoJo's music. It seems like everyone on the planet besides myself has been a fan of this JoJo girl at some point lol

WhiskeyLikeMisery

I really don't hear it but that JoJo song goes OFF so thanks for that. :legend:

FFXIV WhiteMage

Isn't this kind of style and melody progression quite common in pop music? I think ROM is more similar to Symphony by Clean Bandit just like what other have pointed out. 

BTW,  Weak is my 10 years old gay as* jam :ally:

Midnightrush891

I sorta hear a slight similarity, but this song is so good. Thanks for sharing!

ear condom

Ariana's part :

sounds like this :

and also the whole vibe of the song

Archived