đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rain on Me high note

codymonster

Featured Posts

JustTea
On 5/24/2020 at 2:01 AM, rain on me said:

are you talking about the "rain on meeeee" note or the "whoo-oo"? cause we can her the rain on meee part twice in the song:) it's complete at 2:36 but then at 2:51 they replace the "meee" with the "whoo oo" run

Those aren't the exact same but close.

2 hours ago, zino said:

it's OBVIOUSLY Ariana voice distorted lmfao, gaga just sings the "rain on", look for the acapella

I think it's clear that it's Gaga singing, even the music video shows her instead of Ariana during that Woo-oo'o. Ari's high notes are way different and softer like a whistle.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JustTea said:

Those aren't the exact same but close.

I think it's clear that it's Gaga singing, even the music video shows her instead of Ariana during that Woo-oo'o. Ari's high notes are way different and softer like a whistle.

2:59 there's a cut between the "rain on" to the woo woo, and (at least for me) it's clearly Ariana with a little distortion, I can hear her breathy tone in the very beginning of the note

neopet bbq
4 minutes ago, zino said:

2:59 there's a cut between the "rain on" to the woo woo, and (at least for me) it's clearly Ariana with a little distortion, I can hear her breathy tone in the very beginning of the note

it.... it still doesn't sound like ari at all to me??

When i first heard the track i always assumed that high note was gags, that's her tone, ari sounds way different in her head voice but eh, time will tell hopefully she does it live

It’s def Gaga but I’m not sure she can do it live, it’s heavily filtered and edited to sound like that.

JustTea
9 hours ago, zino said:

helena bonham carter what GIF

Gaga's high notes sound like that though, reminds me of the Applause bridge. Ariana doesn't have that rasp or use that technique. :oprah:

The Z
9 hours ago, zino said:

It's clearly Gaga's voice lol

The Z
9 hours ago, Brecht said:

It’s def Gaga but I’m not sure she can do it live, it’s heavily filtered and edited to sound like that.

It's not that high, she can do it

9 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It's clearly Gaga's voice lol

it's NOT lol, y'all just trying to convince yourselves that is because it would be something impressive from her

dynamite
6 minutes ago, zino said:

it's NOT lol, y'all just trying to convince yourselves that is because it would be something impressing from her

Like she's not impressive usually? :awkney:

1 minute ago, dynamite said:

Like she's not impressive usually? :awkney:

that's not what I said :huntyga:

Daylight Jokers
3 minutes ago, zino said:

it's NOT lol, y'all just trying to convince yourselves that is because it would be something impressing from her

That is obviously her lol. It had more resonance than whenever Ari does it in her other songs. And there's literally no reason to split the 'rain on me' line for Ari and Gaga. Stop discrediting her vocal abilities. 

1 minute ago, Daylight Jokers said:

That is obviously her lol. It had more resonance than whenever Ari does it in her other songs. And there's literally no reason to split the 'rain on me' line for Ari and Gaga. Stop discrediting her vocal abilities. 

post a video where gaga sings something in the minimal slightest similar way to this note. I can show many of Ariana.

Daylight Jokers
3 minutes ago, zino said:

post a video where gaga sings something in the minimal slightest similar way to this note. I can show many of Ariana.

At 4:38.

At 3:11

At 14:18

Not the same notes, but notice how resonant and thick her head voice is. And that little melisma on 'me' is something Gaga would do (especially in her Jazz performances), not Ariana. And if your argument is that she cannot do those notes, just keep in mind everything can be altered in the studio. You can digitally pitch your vocals up without changing your tone. I do it all the time in my songs.

36 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

At 4:38.

At 3:11

At 14:18

Not the same notes, but notice how resonant and thick her head voice is. And that little melisma on 'me' is something Gaga would do (especially in her Jazz performances), not Ariana. And if your argument is that she cannot do those notes, just keep in mind everything can be altered in the studio. You can digitally pitch your vocals up without changing your tone. I do it all the time in my songs.

it's an Ariana kind of melisma, she does it a lot on live performances.

and I agree about the pitch, but like I said, I think they used it with Ariana, not gaga.

3:05

Archived