💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I thought Gaga would quit dance music

PlasticDollGirl

Featured Posts

Gagz

I don’t understand why anybody thought this. Joanne is a pop album. Sure, it’s less of a dance album than her previous albums, but it’s still very much a pop album, and I’d argue that it’s just as high-energy (Diamond Heart, A-Yo, John Wayne, Dancin In Circles, Perfect Illusion). And even though the music was a little different from her previous ones, her performances never changed. JWT and Enigma were both huge pop and dance shows. Nothing she’s done has indicated she’d abandon pop or dance music all together. It’s in her roots and I’m sure it always will be.

auburn
34 minutes ago, Mill said:

Definitely and the fact she has passed her music to different producers like max martin etc. She used to be so against on experimenting with different dance/pop producers. 

I needed to hear her express love to the genre because part of me was scared that she felt like she had to do a dance album since thats what the fans wanted. It's great to know she's on board and spearheading the process as usual. 

littlepotter
47 minutes ago, auburn said:

Same. I genuinely thought she hated it now and will just venture into other styles of pop music. What really appeased me was when during the Zane Lowe interview, she talked about her love for electronic music. It truly took me back to the old days and made it feel like it hasn't been 7 years. 

Right? :wub: and what made me even happier was that up til a few weeks ago I felt she made Chromatica just to shut the gays up and tell us here have your pop album and never pester me about it again. Now I feel like wait she actually does love this music again and we may be getting even more in the future. I won't expect anything before 2023/4 but it's at least a good sign

chaeri pls

auburn
3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Right? :wub: and what made me even happier was that up til a few weeks ago I felt she made Chromatica just to shut the gays up and tell us here have your pop album and never pester me about it again. Now I feel like wait she actually does love this music again and we may be getting even more in the future. I won't expect anything before 2023/4 but it's at least a good sign

Honestly at this point and how she talks about the music, who knows when she'll drop another album again? Could be next year or after 10 years, but I  I think it'll be a while until her next album because she'll want to focus on having a family and kids. 

Can't wait for LG7 to be lullabies for baby Alice Joanne Polansky

AnglerfishbraBENUS
Just now, auburn said:

Honestly at this point and how she talks about the music, who knows when she'll drop another album again? Could be next year or after 10 years, but I  I think it'll be a while until her next album because she'll want to focus on having a family and kids. 

Can't wait for LG7 to be lullabies for baby Alice Joanne Polansky

The Lullaby album is gonna be iconic. 

ToxicHot

Well, Joanne had a lot of pop music in it (the most notable being Dancin’ In Circles, John Wayne, A-YO, and I suppose The Cure which came out later in the era). And of course there were the few pop songs from ASIB (blah blah blah, yes I know it was her as “Ally” - she still co-wrote and sang them). [I just noticed you were mostly referring to DANCE music, not just pop. Oh well. Point still stands I guess.]

I feel like it was only natural for her to return to dance, but in a new way. I’m actually really, really happy that these sounds are new for her, for the most part. I love that she’s finally doing house music (Free Woman), and Rain on Me has a 2000’s eurodance/electro sound reminiscent of early Daft Punk. And I really hope there’s more 90’s dance influences on the album. I don’t want a full album of modern EDM from her unless it’s really good. 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Of course she only does it when it’s the last thing we expect

SlowLoris

I see what you mean, but you know, for some reason deep down inside, I knew she'd eventually come.back around.

It's really fascinating to see how much wisdom she's picked up since her early pop days.  It's already got what ARTPOP couldn't quite put its finger on along with the essential heart of Born This Way.

She HAD to take a step back from it and explore other stuff for a while, otherwise Chromatica wouldn't have been a thing.  And what's so cool is that she's found wisdom in stripping things back to the bases- all while giving the world a house revival!

Anderson123

I love her dance music but she NEEDED Cheek To Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born. That’s a part of her career that changed her for the best and showed her true talent, especially to those who were not fans before. I’m just so glad to see her so happy now. 

Esteban
1 hour ago, Mill said:

There was a stage for years I thought gaga would never do pop and dance music again.:bradley: She seemed so rebellious against it for the past 7 years. It’s so amazing that she’s serving her best visual aesthetics/looks ever and giving us an album full of dance anthems! :lolly:I think chromatica could be her best album yet, it’s the album ARTPOP couldn’t deliver as it was too experimental at the time. (ARTPOP is still a great album) I’m so glad she’s comfortable and happy doing music we loved her for at the start :kara:

ARTPOP too experimental... :air:

Electric Mary

SAME.

At first I thought that after all the **** she went trough it was too much for her to comeback to the mainstream, she was already rich and so she would just casually release or follow other directions (acting, etc)

When she announced chromatica I felt this could be her last dance pop album for a long time ( I kinda felt like she was doing this just to shut us up and she wasn't happy or excited about it at all)

but after the Apple Music interview and ROM's release oh yeah she's def. back and she wants this so bad! She seems super happy and healthy (even better than Joanne).

Chromatislaps

girl gaga this is obviously making funeral music now :gayhat: for other people's faves

Sugar Baby

Agreed 

i was preparing myself for my worst nightmare aka C2C part 2 :bradley:

Shadow
1 hour ago, mxnster said:

omg du hast ft gaga 

a dream

a literal f*cking dream

omg imagine a kmfdm megalomaniac cover

Looking forward to more metal band collaborations or heavy metal influences in her music.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Archived