Sign in to follow this  
news

"Rain On Me" Video Premiere

NCgaga
9 hours ago, Monsterxo said:

I would say ROM and Don't Start Now are similar in song structure, and DSN has done well.

Don’t Start now has a prechorus, followed by a chorus. Rain on me has a pre-chorus, followed by an instrumental break where a chorus should be. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoahSuns
1 hour ago, Loewe1000 said:

The Video is awesome, but why do all artists upload their videos only in 1080p?
Am I the only one who thinks, that the video is very pixelated in some scenes?
The Video could look even more awesome if it would habe been uploaded in 4k (in which the video was filmed anyway).
I've upscaled the video with some kind of sophisticated AI and a lot of scenes look much better, clearer and more detailed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11OV92WPiHDfRnV9stDn-gM3nsT0aDbXt/view?usp=sharing

I mean look at the differences:
HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-53-46-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-53-48-2.

HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-59-19-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-59-21-2.

HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-18-02-15-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-18-02-18-2.

We need to reach out to Gaga, so that her team will upload the video in the original recorded resolution!
(Without loosing all the comments/views/likes etc. That's possible for big channels.)
 

What do you think?
 

it's out in TIDAL-1080p and it's way better than YT's 1080p

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
DiskoBaby

Is anyone else reminded by the video Beautiful Liar by Beyonce and Shakira?

  • LMAO 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TRJTA

Yes! It's such a shame the video isn't available in 4K! The music video is amazing, but the compression on YouTube is horrible, rendering a lot of scenes quite blurry and blocky. I really hope Gaga will add a 4K play option to the video, would there be any way for us to request this?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knife
1 minute ago, TRJTA said:

Yes! It's such a shame the video isn't available in 4K! The music video is amazing, but the compression on YouTube is horrible, rendering a lot of scenes quite blurry and blocky. I really hope Gaga will add a 4K play option to the video, would there be any way for us to request this?

That's assuming the video was even shot in 4k. Most music videos on YouTube don't have a 4k option.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TRJTA

Yes indeed. But even if it was shot in 1080p, the original quality would be much much better. Videos with a lot of contrast and dark areas and a lot of things going on like all the rain and water drops make up for more visible compression. It's a shame, because I'm sure the original source file looks amazing.

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TRJTA
3 hours ago, NoahSuns said:

it's out in TIDAL-1080p and it's way better than YT's 1080p

Holy cow, I just watched your upscale, what a huge difference that makes! Was that upscaled from YouTube or from Tidal?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedOneKonvictGaga
4 hours ago, NCgaga said:

Don’t Start now has a prechorus, followed by a chorus. Rain on me has a pre-chorus, followed by an instrumental break where a chorus should be. 

Who cares if it doesn't have a proper chorus? The song is a smash regardless 

Stay pressed  :enigma:

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Lam
Posted (edited)

I'm D-E-A-D! Was not expecting to be blowned away that much. I'm so shocked about the quality of this video I mean wow, it almost look CGI when you see all the details of the skins, the colors, the rain. It's so 2020! My favorite scene is the first dance scene when her hair are all wet. She looks so badass!

Am I the only one really impressed by Gaga dancing? Her move and much more blocked, less clumsy, less weird also. I do think it's her best dancing ever! Especially the first verse scene.

The looks are so fresh, it feels like again she will be setting the tone for future trends! Loving this futuristic plastic pink punk aesthetic! The backup dancers styling is out of this world, they look so badass (and straight out of a sex party). I love that the video succeed keeping Gaga weirdness but also making it cool and less camp. It's been a while that Gaga looked that cool.

I do think it's my favorite video of her. Which is quite unique considering how long she keeps topping herself!

Edited by _Lam
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kattys
22 hours ago, Epione said:

So this rain has healing properties? Because she was stabbed and then she was alright. :messga:

she took out the dagger and it turned to water cause after all it’s not hurting her :bradley:

  • Shook 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoahSuns
18 minutes ago, TRJTA said:

Holy cow, I just watched your upscale, what a huge difference that makes! Was that upscaled from YouTube or from Tidal?

excuse me?:selena:  I just mentioned there's a Tidal version. I did no upscale 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tomi
5 hours ago, Loewe1000 said:

The Video is awesome, but why do all artists upload their videos only in 1080p?
Am I the only one who thinks, that the video is very pixelated in some scenes?
The Video could look even more awesome if it would habe been uploaded in 4k (in which the video was filmed anyway).
I've upscaled the video with some kind of sophisticated AI and a lot of scenes look much better, clearer and more detailed:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11OV92WPiHDfRnV9stDn-gM3nsT0aDbXt/view?usp=sharing

I mean look at the differences:
HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-53-46-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-53-48-2.

HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-59-19-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-17-59-21-2.

HD:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-18-02-15-2.

4K:
Bildschirmfoto-2020-05-23-um-18-02-18-2.

We need to reach out to Gaga, so that her team will upload the video in the original recorded resolution!
(Without loosing all the comments/views/likes etc. That's possible for big channels.)
 

What do you think?
 

It looks amazing!

how is it possible that the upscaled version has more details?

smoothing is one thing, but to stretch + restore details at the same time? :nooo:

can you please elaborate a little bit about the process?

 

and for the question, I don't think her team will bother. 

maybe it's about the file size. anyway even bad romance was updated for an upscaled version and not original version that we know exist:/

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tomi

Do you guys think that the dagger represents her injury? 

I know it was represented in Applause but she had to literally dance through the pain with that leg 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kattys
10 hours ago, Tomi said:

Do you guys think that the dagger represents her injury? 

I know it was represented in Applause but she had to literally dance through the pain with that leg 

The dagger itself no (I think it represents all bad things), but I think it was 99% intentional that it was placed close to her hip, maybe it's even exact place where doctors operated.

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loewe1000
11 hours ago, Tomi said:

It looks amazing!

how is it possible that the upscaled version has more details?

smoothing is one thing, but to stretch + restore details at the same time? :nooo:

can you please elaborate a little bit about the process?

 

and for the question, I don't think her team will bother. 

maybe it's about the file size. anyway even bad romance was updated for an upscaled version and not original version that we know exist:/

Thank you! I was able to get an ever better 1080p version of the video and redid the whole upscaling process last night.
Link will come as soon as the video is uploaded.

Well it‘s a simple process... well technically it is a really complex process... from the user perspective it is easy.
There is an application which analyses every frame of the video and uses a pre-trained neural network to upscale the image. You drag the video in, wait a long time and get a more detailed video out.
So it’s not smoothing the pixels out, it is reconstructing how the image might have looked, if it had a greater resolution.
The processing of each video frame takes about three seconds, so the complete upscaling took almost 4 hours. The video has about 25 frames/second, resulting in 4500 frames total.


That‘s sad because the video was definitely filmed at a higher resolution than just 1080p...
And it‘s not a big deal uploading a 4K Video to YouTube. YouTube takes care of all the processing then.
And the funniest bit: If you upload a video in 4K even the 1080p would look significantly better because it gets an other video codec. That’s so sad that a video which costed a lot of money and effort making it, ends up being such a pixelated mess on YouTube. If Gaga would be aware that her art could (technically) look even better for us, she would bother...

RAIN. ON. ME.
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...