"Rain On Me" Video Premiere

Azor Ahai

Featured Posts

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, Suigetsu said:

It is so far extremely generic, but generic can be cohesive, too. Let's see with the rest of the album.

Maybe she just needs this super generic dance pop album to heal herself. I'd rather have something in direction of Coachella's intro, tbh.

It may well be cohesive and I at least hope it's good generic. Bland or bad generic is a whole different kettle of fish.

3 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

While I agree with some of what you said, I wouldn't call one of the world's biggest pop stars releasing a 90s House concept album generic.

It's fun, uptempo dance music for dancing to in clubs. That's gone down a treat for over a decade now. She's featuring huge names on her tracks and releasing them as singles. She looks conventionally attractive. This is as safe as she could possibly play it for the kind of artist that she is. Releasing an album like BTW right now would be a risk. I just hope that her next album takes more risks.

Clarence

lemme catch you little flopsters dissing sarah's makeup after this serve 

FameHookah
23 minutes ago, Agagkills said:

So she recorded 2 videos before February?? Hmm just if this was done before the pandemic . 

Yep she had EVERYTHING ready including a coachella set, **** mis rona ruining her plans

WTF is MDNA

Emvee

Incredible! 

I haven’t felt this proud as a fan since Born This Way! 

SOON

No caps lock is enough to show my satisfaction for the video, it was heavenly, speechless :bradley:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

MelbHawker

I'm OBSESSED. This is up there with her best videos. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. 

The visual aesthetic is a fabulous ode to early 00's sci-fi and I am HERE for it. The rain effect - I'm obsessed. I love the way it's been shot / edited so that their dance sequences reflect in the water on the ground and the camera switches between the two - it's so cool and effortless. The symbolism at the start was powerful and gave some depth to the song IMO. I'm just so here for all the looks, the super gay and easy-to-dance-to choreography and just the sheer wonder of watching 2 of Earths biggest Pop Stars OWN IT. This is what I wanted and I got my life. 

:classy: 

Ugh I just can't. 

Pray4FameGa
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's fun, uptempo dance music for dancing to in clubs. That's gone down a treat for over a decade now. She's featuring huge names on her tracks and releasing them as singles. She looks conventionally attractive. This is as safe as she could possibly play it for the kind of artist that she is. Releasing an album like BTW right now would be a risk. I just hope that her next album takes more risks.

Ok, I get what you're saying, yes I do sense the thirst for a hit.

I don't get everyone saying she is conventionally attractive in the video, to me certain looks she looks like a very exaggerated drag queen, freakishly tall, and made up with unconventional make up, coupled with his more masculine speaking voice in the song. She even has white eyebrows in one look and pulls angry and not pretty faces. The only look in which I'd call her 'hot' and 'conventional' is the intro look when she's crawling and the first dance segment. The rest to me is very obscure and uniquely Gaga. So I don't get this observation, though I am gay so there's that :vegas:

Soapdog

The likes on the video has reached over 500 k likes now. Bit the views hasnt Updated yet! This has to be a record of some sort! What’s all your thoughts?

Suigetsu

I wonder about one thing, tho.

Why at the beginning of ROM (track 4) she's hurt with the knife, nail etc. if there's no action that would cause it at the end of SL (track 3)? :oprah:

Considering there is track-to-track transistion and general album cohesivness?

kostauventura

GUYYYYSSS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I NEVER THOUGHT IT COULD BE THIS GOOD!

song and video surpassed my already high expectations!!!

Steccazero

I have to say this is really fun, lovely vibe and they look amazing. I especially loved the aesthetic, it reminds me of GHost in the shell, blade runner and final fantasy VII.

TH only thing i am slightly disappointed about (NOT BEING NEGATIVE, I LOVE EVERYTHING But this is just a wish) is that i'd love some more storyline! LIke what's chromatica world like, what are the haus there for, who are the leaders, who is Gaga's character, what's going on. My ultimate delusional hope is that these are just extracts from a minifilm coming along the album, telling all the story :D

pls get into this ***uettery

BetrayedSTAN

This is truly her best video in a long time ... i ****ing looooooooove this omg 

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived