💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Drags Music Culture And Also Announces New Album Date

Perfume

Featured Posts

LilyLark
29 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said:

I love Lana but idk about this, did she have to call out all those girls? Especially Ariana whom she worked with, I fell like she could’ve done without mentioning them. Not to mention it’s basically a white lady tearing down all people of color (except Ariana)

This. I am a huge fan of Lana (I like her as much as I like Gaga), but at times I feel like she's a bit oblivious to her privilege or  how she can come across. She made some valid points, but calling out others was unnecessary & while I'm 99% sure she didn't mean it that way...calling out mostly POC artists in her letter is not a good look.

*And I'll be a hypocrite because I've called out people for unnecessarily dragging Gaga into conversations, but I'm going to do it here: this sort of reminds me of when Gaga said she wanted more diversity in music on the radio while discussing rock, metal, etc. I'm almost positive she meant to say "not as much trap & mumble rap", since that's something music critics have talked about and even Snoop Dogg has called out, but it's easy to see how people assumed she meant rap and hip-hop in general. Also, people often do the most bad faith interpretation of her comments. She should have been aware of how that came across, especially as rap/hip hop historically was snubbed for so long, and how people would react to a white artists saying something that could be construed as "too much rap."

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HoneyB

Uhhh I mean she has the right to defend her art but the random callouts of those female artists were so random and unnecessary.

💋 đ•Šđ•„đ•–đ•Ą 𝕐𝕒 â„‚đ• đ• đ•œđ•šđ•–đ•€ 𝕌𝕡💋đŸȘ

gag
12 minutes ago, ice bear said:

WAIT YOU GUYS

SHE'S TALKING ABOUT that time when Lorde said it wasn't healthy for girls to listen to songs like hers :ohno:

i don't want them to fight 

I'm sorry but how is Lana still going on about this in 2020?? :billie: Lorde was literally a 16 year old, being an edgy teenager, giving interviews on a huge platform that she's never had before seven years ago. She's very clearly moved on as Melodrama shows a change in the way she perceives romantic relationships. Lana needs to put it to rest.

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

LilyLark
3 minutes ago, Sam Winchester said:

She really did not drag the girls. Sometimes I worry about the people here and the way they misinterpret everything. She clearly stated that if those girls can do their thing, she can do hers without being dragged. Anyway, I'm curious how the follow up to NFR will do. That album is immaculate (and other artists could nevah).

I agree but I also feel like it was unnecessary to mention them by names...she could have just said "other popular artists." I say this as a huge Lana fan, but she doesn't seem aware of how this can be taken or how people might do a bad faith reading into her statement.

Yxcvbnm
5 minutes ago, smokeandhush said:

oh no you better delete this post because apparently calling Gaga "money hungry" is defamatory and will get you a warning point. 

You can't read?

whos that girl madonna GIF

freebit

Lana usually approaches important things like this in a backwards way - the only time she's ever handled anything good is when she cleared up and apologized for glamorizing suicide after Frances Bean went off on her. It's like she heard criticism and instead of looking at her material and thinking deeply, she's just like, "I'm being targeted because I'm pretty and delicate." It's a pretty vapid response that some stans will no doubt yaaas queen about. I do like her music, but I also think Lana has always been frustrating and had as big an ego as any white guy with a guitar.

Just now, LilyLark said:

I agree but I also feel like it was unnecessary to mention them by names...she could have just said "other popular artists."

Perhaps. And calling them our right in the first sentence is inviting unnecessary attention to that part :lmao: oh well, she's always been messy but her heart is in the right place.

HeavyPunkLover

Yas! Drag the culture

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

TWICE on hatius
13 minutes ago, Yxcvbnm said:

She's rich as ****, her team and manager are money hungry.

Lana: first sentences. Preach. Black women could be really loud, when it comes to sexual abuse against them. Meanwhile singing along Beyonce and other Black artists lyrics about fcking, blow jobs etc. And I know, I'm racist, cause I wrote black. 

The fact BeyoncĂ© last two albums are about women’s empowerment. A woman can embrace her sensuality and still able to have her consent respected. That a woman feels comfortable about sex doesn’t mean she welcomes every penis in the world. But to spit out those words in 2020, the mindset is beyond repairable.  :saladga:

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Guest vivre sa vie

I think she wrote this whole text just to justify herself dating a macho-cop :derpga:

chromadica
18 minutes ago, GreekGod said:

Also, can this forum stop attacking people rudely who imply Gaga is money driven?

yes she is not money hungry like many low brow singers, but she literally is NOT doing it all for the sake of “art”, stop pretending and be okay with realistic approaches.

I think people just don't like the wording? Nobody complains when someone says "yaaas get that coin kween!!1" but when someone says something like "money hungry Gaga could never", there's a very obvious negative connotation there.

Nickypie101

Off topic y’all but it still trips me out she made a Gaga diss track.. did anyone ever find out if they actually knew each other or what the real story is?

Archived