Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lana Del Rey Drags Music Culture And Also Announces New Album Date

Perfume

Featured Posts

high heeled fem
22 minutes ago, Midnight Summer said:

Lana had a point, but she ruined it by being petty and dropping names she had no business dropping. Also, Lana girl I love you but critics weren't bashing you for being "too feminine" or "too vulnerable." They were criticizing you for songs like Lolita or Cola where you really do romanticize/fetishize some really ****ed up relationship dynamics.

Also...this. Writing a love song inspired by this pig is just...yikes.

I had no

idea . Wow this is ****ed 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Midnight Summer said:

Lana had a point, but she ruined it by being petty and dropping names she had no business dropping. Also, Lana girl I love you but critics weren't bashing you for being "too feminine" or "too vulnerable." They were criticizing you for songs like Lolita or Cola where you really do romanticize/fetishize some really ****ed up relationship dynamics.

Why did she have no business dropping them? They're all in the music industry together. And no, actually critics didn't bash for those songs in particular, they attacked her more for who she was then her music from the beginning. Nearly every critic's review back then was about how she was a millionaire's daughter so she'd clearly bought an album deal and how was nothing but a label's creation. They called her music shallow and thinking it was deeper than it actually was, all that kinda stuff. Critics changed their tune when they saw how much the public took her to their hearts and starting respecting her slowly but surely with every release after that because they're sheep that way and don't want to look like fools.

And she doesn't sing that line about Harvey anymore. When she sings it live, she changes it to "Ah, he's in the sky with diamonds" instead. She wasn't talking about actually having a dalliance with him, just suggested he'd come onto her but she'd brushed him off and that was a reference to that moment. You act as if she's the first artist to have ever written a controversial line in a song. You have every right to not like it but to suggest that it makes her not a feminist doesn't cut the mustard.

God Control
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Why did she have no business dropping them? They're all in the music industry together. And no, actually critics didn't bash for those songs in particular, they attacked her more for who she was then her music from the beginning. Nearly every critic's review back then was about how she was a millionaire's daughter so she'd clearly bought an album deal and how was nothing but a label's creation. They called her music shallow and thinking it was deeper than it actually was, all that kinda stuff. Critics changed their tune when they saw how much the public took her to their hearts and starting respecting her slowly but surely with every release after that because they're sheep that way and don't want to look like fools.

And she doesn't sing that line about Harvey anymore. When she sings it live, she changes it to "Ah, he's in the sky with diamonds" instead. She wasn't talking about actually having a dalliance with him, just suggested he'd come onto her but she'd brushed him off and that was a reference to that moment. You act as if she's the first artist to have ever written a controversial line in a song. You have every right to not like it but to suggest that it makes her not a feminist doesn't cut the mustard.

These so called “activist” and fake woke degenerates aren’t interested in a more moral society, they’re interested in targets that society makes it ok to bully and tear them down. They’re deeply insecure and want to blame things on others, so if somebody speaks out and says something that strikes a nerve, they’re gonna desperately search for an excuse to tear them down, and Lana put a mirror in front of society with that statement and showed them for how shallow and hypocritical they truly are and that’s why they wanna make it about race, because accusations of racism are a good currency today.

You can see every cheap excuse of an activist HAS TO make things all about race. “You’re probably criticizing me because I’m black” or “why did you say I miss the charts of 2012? Is it because whites were dominating? Racist!”

Thay way, they won’t have to bring any good argument. All they do is pretend that it’s about race, accuse you of racism and pretend to be victims and the argument is over. But none of their cheap antics is gonna change the fact that Lana makes fat more special songs than all the trash on charts these days, and all the names they mention that I don’t know or care to know. 

River
1 hour ago, Midnight Summer said:

Lets... not open this can of worm.

Our fav also has some pics with him.

Cola was written after Harvey actually wanted her sexually and she refused, he also made her change the lyrics from "Harvey's in the sky" to "ah he's in the sky", Cola is a criticism song against him, this is why she's also mentioning his wife.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

River

Anyway, Lana has always been jealous at other females (remember So Legit?) but she's also underappreciated by the radio, the label, media in general, so no single reason, they all paying dust to her and she's not just an indie girl, she's very popular.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

DavidLuis198
27 minutes ago, riotx said:

I love Lana, I think she has a point, but this is totally true:

"The optics of Lana, a white woman, complaining about feminism lacking space for her while critiquing the acclaim allotted to several black pop artists is mortifying. It looks especially foolish when considering the fact that the women Lana namedropped—especially the black women—have never been immune to critique regarding the sexual content of their music or the personas they have taken on in the pop space. It was nearly impossible to be online from 2013 to 2016 without encountering reductive discourse regarding whether Beyoncé’s sexuality, her wealth, her continued dedication to her cheating husband, etc., exempted her from the feminist title. Lana’s post reads like someone who has been under a rock for the last decade, or someone so wrapped up in their own critique that they’re left clueless about the criticism lobbed at their peers."

I don't know how to write in english

MorganMak

The woke-left blue-check twitter backlash against this has been so disgusting, I can't tell whether woke feminists hate Lana more for being pretty, white or feminine, or just all three. 

MorganMak
59 minutes ago, Runway said:

Nothing like a white lady slut shaming black females lol

if that's what you gathered from all this your really are not paying attention or thinking at all

Cameltoe Chariot
1 hour ago, Runway said:

Nothing like a white lady slut shaming black females lol

Would love to know how you came to this conclusion after reading what Lana posted.

We all need to seriously stop expecting the world the reflect our opinions and viewpoints back at us 24/7; as well, we need to learn how to hear someone else's opinion or viewpoint and not feel the need to police it.

In no way am I ignoring or avoiding the differences between a white woman's experience and a woman of colour's experience, but we also need to be really f*cking careful about getting into this territory of silencing white women because they're "too privileged". I don't know why anyone feels its inappropriate for Lana to have opinions on her experiences in the music industry... :awkney:

There's a huge difference between a real life Karen and what Lana has expressed here.

aaronyoji

so glad she posted this. Feminism is many complex things, not just being "#girlbosses" and "fierce" and not needing a man. its become so pigeon holed as just being invulnerable, used as a cheap and condescending tactic to forward careers and make money. of course feminism is still about the former things, but lana is basically saying "its also these things, and we shouldnt be afraid to mention them". 

Archived