Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Lady Gaga at the same level of relevancy as Britney Spears in 2011?

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Britney Jean1
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Britney was relevant in 2011? News to me

Actually YAS! -_- 

Hold It against me was #1 hit SOLO

I Wanna Go was #7 HIT

TTWE was #3 HIT

she had also that S&M collab with Rihanna a #1 Hit 

Femme Fatale break the record as the most trending topic on twitter it trended for 6 days straight!

Slim

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Hyperballad said:

Where the hell were you? Azerbaijan? :excuseu: 

I could never turn on my radio without hearing Till the world ends or I wanna go 

When I was 13 years old, all that was played on teh radio here was Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha, Adele, Jessie J... the only "Britney song" that was played here on the radio in the 2010's was will.i.am's song, Scream & Shout :billie:

End Racism Now

Economy

Britney 11-12 years into her career had a mini boost/comeback just like Gaga so that's another simmilarity

I can picture Gaga lasting longer tho cuz Britney doesn't seem to really want to continue her career and is being pushed into it and therefore not giving her all and has faded since her 2011 uptick in popularity

Gaga I can see have more comebacks for years to come even if she never repeats 2009-2011 level popularity

RenegAde

Even at gagas low times she was still more relevant that most of the other pop girls . Thats what people fail to understand .

Imagine your biggest flop album going no1 and selling 200k first week  plus getting  2 top10 hit songs 

Gaga earned the respect of the GP and the higher names in the entertainment industry.

Britney hasnt been respected since her breakdown, and since people realized she doesnt write music and that she always lipsyncs.

The GP now sees Gaga as an extremely talented woman, who has performed with a ton of legends, who is a great actress, who can sing anything in the world. While the GP sees Britney as the definition of manufactured pop artist that puts out some cool songs every now and then.

Butters Stotch

Yeah, of course, we all remember when Britney won that Oscar and also all the Grammy Awards she won.... wait :oprah:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Britney Jean1
Just now, Adakam said:

Gaga earned the respect of the GP and the higher names in the entertainment industry.

Britney hasnt been respected since her breakdown, and since people realized she doesnt write music and that she always lipsyncs.

The GP now sees Gaga as an extremely talented woman, who has performed with a ton of legends, who is a great actress, who can sing anything in the world. While the GP sees Britney as the definition of manufactured pop artist that puts out some cool songs every now and then.

You speek for Twitter stans/ GGD memebers

Sweetie none of the GP care enough to google a track and see who wrote it, what the GP care about is the song itself whether it is a good song or not. that's why it is called the GP. However, saying that Britney don't write her music. She actually wrote everytime and produced it all by herself. She wrote and co wrote 60% of her songs. Justin Tranter said that Britney can write very well and she came up with songs concepts as well such as; Just Like Me. Britney has one of the most unique voices in music industry, you can distinguish her voice from 100 people ( in a room). Sadly very sadly she didn't showcase it enough for people to appreaciate it 

Slim

HeavyCapiLover
23 minutes ago, Mr S said:

Britney's peak (1999-2004) was bigger than Gaga's peak (2008-2012) but Gaga today is in a much better place as Britney in 2011. Circus did well but it felt more like a comeback for her label/management rather than Britney herself. It was more of a blip in an otherwise downward trajectory. 

I think that Gaga's 2008-12 peak was  bigger than Britney. Gaga was everywhere, she was the most searched person on the internet, was named most influential person of the world, she had multiple mega iconic hit, everyone was talking about her.

Britney's moment was big yes, but she had less big hit and she was a bit "basic" compared to gaga. Gaga really took the world by storm back then. In 1999, people were saying that Brit was the "princess of pop", while in 2009, they were already calling gaga the "queen of pop" and compairing her to Madonna.

Britney Jean1
Just now, GGVS said:

Yeah, of course, we all remember when Britney won that Oscar and also all the Grammy Awards she won.... wait :oprah:

Relevancy doesn't equate wining an Oscar or Grammy actually. 

Relevancy equate popularity! and why would Britney won an Oscar, she is not an actress!!?

Slim

Hyperballad
20 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

When I was 13 years old, all that was played on teh radio here was Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha, Adele, Jessie J... the only "Britney song" that was played here on the radio in the 2010's was will.i.am's song, Scream & Shout :billie:

nnn nvm just saw that you’re from the UK.. then checked her chart positions there :air: 

Well here in the states, she was relevant in 2011 for a while, couldn’t escape her :enigma:

Britney Jean1
Just now, HeavyCapiLover said:

I think that Gaga's 2008-12 peak was  bigger than Britney. Gaga was everywhere, she was the most searched person on the internet, was named most influential person of the world, she had multiple mega iconic hit, everyone was talking about her.

Guys I wouldn't be here over this thread to correct everybody's information. 

First britney was the most searched female artist in 2011 on google.

Second Baby One More time sold like 30M copies that the same amount of gaga sales of all her albums.

Third Baby One More Time was named today as the gratest debut song of all the time by the Rolling Stones. 

Slim

HeavyCapiLover
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

Britney 11-12 years into her career had a mini boost/comeback just like Gaga so that's another simmilarity

I can picture Gaga lasting longer tho cuz Britney doesn't seem to really want to continue her career and is being pushed into it and therefore not giving her all and has faded since her 2011 uptick in popularity

Gaga I can see have more comebacks for years to come even if she never repeats 2009-2011 level popularity

Britney was popular in 2011 but the gp started to see her as a typical popstar. But ASIB era really put gaga on another level of respect by the gp, people really understood how talented she was and Shallow and the soundtrack became totally pop culture. Femme fatale gave many hit, but it was not memorable. 

Now I'd love to see a new sucessful era by Britney, her last album had potential, unfortunatly people slept on it.

Economy
1 minute ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

Britney was popular in 2011 but the gp started to see her as a typical popstar. But ASIB era really put gaga on another level of respect by the gp, people really understood how talented she was and Shallow and the soundtrack became totally pop culture. Femme fatale gave many hit, but it was not memorable. 

Now I'd love to see a new sucessful era by Britney, her last album had potential, unfortunatly people slept on it.

I mean yeah... Gaga's respect has been on the rise since C2C era

I just meant in terms of popularity boost. Regardless of the type of popularity it is

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Hyperballad said:

nnn nvm just saw that you’re from the UK.. then checked her chart positions there :air: 

Well here in the states, she was relevant in 2011 for a while, couldn’t escape her :enigma:

I mean... I think people mistake being "relevant" in the US as being "relevant" worldwide, when thats not the case. If the OP really wants to compare the two, Lady Gaga reached worldwide dominance with Shallow and ASIB. With Chromatica, Stupid Love was a hit (number 4 I think) here, and in Scotland it went number one. While in the US it went number 5 and it hit number top 10 in a various list of countries - not just the US. Chromatica will have some global impact. 

Britney did not have any of this at all. She went from being a pop superstar, to having one hit worldwide post-2007 with "Womaniser" and then faded away again. If it wasn't for stan culture, I would have never known that Britney released an album called Femme Fatale or really any album after 2008 :billie:  will.i.am kind of brought her back, but Scream & Shout had a lot of controversy around it regarding credits for who wrote it, and even who sung it. After that, she faded away again. 

"Relevancy" in the US does not mean that she was "relevant" worldwide. Britney became local :billie:  no shade, just facts. US does not mean the world... so there is no comparison between Gaga's worldwide dominance to Britney's "relevancy" in the US because Gaga is still global while Britney is local

End Racism Now

Archived