💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shane Dawson catching heat for old blackface videos

Cupid Boy

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay
3 minutes ago, lodylody said:

If you'd read my first post responding to you, you'd see that I very clearly agreed that it is indeed not a new development. But I don't think that is equivalent to saying that it's not gaining traction (for the gazillionth time) regardless.

And I read that. Sure it's gaining some traction. It's more than just the tweet. A tabloid or whatever you want to call the publication picked it up. I acknowledge what you say. I'm just saying there's no real reason to tweet about it, to write an article about, or to create a GGD discussion about it. That's all. I'm not looking to argue, I'm not popping off, and I'm not trying to attack you. But I'm sorry if you viewed it that way.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
23 minutes ago, LadariousGarage said:

He has apologized for these like 50 times

how many times are you gonna cancel him for it damn, y'all have "cancelled" him for this SO many f*cking times its insane

I don't agree with what he did at all but like at this point "cancelling" him for this is stupid, you trend this like every month, and then you go on to watch his video's whenever he uploads, its getting boring

The point of the original tweet was to show that cancelling people don’t work

blackpink
2 hours ago, Noah said:

He deserves to be canceled. Where are his collaborations with POC? He has not done Videos or anything regarding POC on his Channel since it got relevant. Instead he teamed up with Racist Jeffree Star and made makeup, which is not even something he is talented in or has a passion in. It‘s so sad how many passes he gets because he‘s white.

THANK 👏 YOU 👏 

lodylody
1 minute ago, justhislife said:

And I read that. Sure it's gaining some traction. It's more than just the tweet. A tabloid or whatever you want to call the publication picked it up. I acknowledge what you say. I'm just saying there's no real reason to tweet about it, to write an article about, or to create a GGD discussion about it. That's all. I'm not looking to argue, I'm not popping off, and I'm not trying to attack you. But I'm sorry if you viewed it that way.

We all get a little combative sometimes, I'm sorry if I was with you :hug: 

As for it being discussed at all, I think I agree with you. When he isn't cancelled, people wait a little while and then give it another go with the exact same evidence :sharon: 

T3ARS

I will forever hold Shane accountable for this racist mess the same way I hold new youtubers who still use disgusting racial stereotypes as "comedy". The whole "X amonut of time has past so get over it" narrative is so tired and problematic but if it helps you sleep at night then so be it. 

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Queen Bitch
1 hour ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Ah yes let’s not cancel the woman who once did this photo shoot 

heeb.jpg

She should be cancelled for doing a darkly comedic photo shoot? Yeah no.

Aphrodizy26
24 minutes ago, lodylody said:

You're right, reverse racism doesn't exist. It's just racism :whitney: 

However, White Chicks is funny and I don't see an issue with it. In the case of blackface vs "white face" (in quote marks because it sounds so ridiculous to even say it, not quoting anyone I've seen here :sharon: ) it's about the history and that's why in this particular case, it's not a double standard for "white face" to exist. Black people didn't oppress white people using "white face" and it doesn't have the same pain and trauma behind it. So I don't think it's a double standard at all. It's about being sensitive to others. White people of the past did it with malice and really hurt so many people, so the white people of today should be considerate and stay away from it :emma: 

However, you can be racist to any race. Discrimination against another race. Institutional racism is something different, but if you killed me because I was white, that would be a racially-motivated (i.e. racist) murder. To argue any different is lunacy. 

A lot of people confuse prejudice with racism. Racism is based on systemic oppression. This is why you can’t be racist to white people. I really don’t understand why that is such a difficult concept. But then i have to remember at the end of the day the majority is the majority. 

Every other day something of this effect is posted. I don’t even watch his videos, I just don’t care. Where was this “outrage” when it was posted?

Life is so much better without following anyone on Twitter who entertains cancel garbage, honestly. 

7 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

A lot of people confuse prejudice with racism. Racism is based on systemic oppression. This is why you can’t be racist to white people. I really don’t understand why that is such a difficult concept. But then i have to remember at the end of the day the majority is the majority. 

Because the dictionary definition of racism says something contrary to that belief and does not define any sort of hierarchy of races. It’s applying to all races. 

The real-word usage of racism gets changed to mold whatever somebody wants to believe at a moment in time. It’s a bit unfair and only causes more divide to insult one’s intelligence because they can’t grasp how the term, “racism” has wrongly been distorted over the past few years. 

PunkTheFunk

A tweet with 53 likes about something Shane has already apologized extensively for is not "catching heat" 

weed

and yet despite getting so mad at Shane y'all are still Barbs, fans of Eminem, Marilyn Manson, etc. :billie:

Aphrodizy26
3 minutes ago, Zeth said:

Because the dictionary definition of racism says something contrary to that belief and does not define any sort of hierarchy of races. It’s applying to all races. 

The real-word usage of racism gets changed to mold whatever somebody wants to believe at a moment in time. It’s a bit unfair and only causes more divide to insult one’s intelligence because they can’t grasp how the term, “racism” has been distorted over the past few years. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/03/09/can-white-people-experience-racism-12340542/amp/

Do you know how many straight people have tried to say they aren’t homophobic because they aren’t afraid of gay people? If we want to be technical that’s what homophobia technically states but that’s not really the case is it

2 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/03/09/can-white-people-experience-racism-12340542/amp/

Do you know how many straight people have tried to say they aren’t homophobic because they aren’t afraid of gay people? If we want to be technical that’s what homophobia technically states but that’s not really the case is it

I’m not at all dismissing MANY! valid points that the writer of that article brings up, but that article is an opinionated piece. It more so argues why the definition and usage of the word, “racism” should account for more real-world history in its definition than it does currently, rather than dictates how we should all change our usage of the word, “racism”. Dictionaries currently (because this can change) do not take points such as the ones that author brings up into account. That is the reason why I think it’s wrong to try and correct others for using the word as it’s currently defined. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/racism

And those who claim it’s fear of gay sexuality/individuals are wrong and should be corrected. With that said, however, I’ve also heard many other gay men try to perpetuate the wrong definition of “fear” behind the word, with intent to belittle those who are wrongly against those of non-hetero sexualities. 

https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/homophobia

FATCAT
4 hours ago, Agunimon said:

We all did **** 12 years ago we wouldn't do today.

What did you do 12 years ago?

read big brother GIF by globaltv

Purr more, hiss less.

Blown Away

There are other problems to care a bout rn. Like Covid-19 and that Coalfax site, which is actual racism.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Archived