💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry addresses last year's singles

COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

"This is the first official song from the album that's coming [this] summer. Last year was different because I was putting out à la carte [songs] and testing the waters, and just like, playing and not being serious," Perry shared, revealing that she'd been casually working on a new album over the past two years following the release of her album Witness.

"[I was] coming out of a really difficult time in my life where I lost all of my outward validation and didn't meet my own personal expectations professionally," she explained. "I had to go through a real emotional, psychological journey and a reset, for sure. I wrote this record and at the end of the writing process, 'Daisies' came ... It was one of the last songs I wrote but I decided it would be the first one [I released] because it sets the tone. It's a cousin to 'Firework' or 'Roar.' It's empowering, it's resilient, it gives you that 'I can do it!' feeling. It really is a song about staying true to the dreams that you have for yourself no matter what anybody says or comments on your Instagram."

Perry added that during quarantine, however, the song has "taken on a whole new meaning."

"For me, it's like, I've had all this time to reflect. And maybe in that reflection I've realized I've taken some things for granted or put my dreams on a shelf somewhere and always thought they would be reachable, but never thought that my simple freedoms would be taken from me in a weird way," she explained.

https://popcrush.com/katy-perry-daisies-interview-exclusive/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

ArtpopAct2

Witness reception really was hard for her huh :/ I feel terrible for her every time she talks about it. Seems definitely like what Gaga went through with ARTPOP. 

To us it may be funny to make fun of a flop era but it’s kinda something that’s rubbed me the wrong way because of how those two albums impacted two of my favs :noparty:

Sickness

She tested the waters and came back with Daisies? Ma'am the results were positive for NRO wyd

SHALLOW

Her Witness singles were even over played here in Italy just like NRO. She should come live here :huntyga:

MingersPrayer
20 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Witness reception really was hard for her huh :/ I feel terrible for her every time she talks about it. Seems definitely like what Gaga went through with ARTPOP. 

To us it may be funny to make fun of a flop era but it’s kinda something that’s rubbed me the wrong way because of how those two albums impacted two of my favs :noparty:

Yeh I thought the same. I’m sure I’ll get ripped to shreds but Witness is my favourite Katy album. I didn’t get why there was such backlash. And actually ARTPOP is my fave Gaga record so maybe I just like a flop. 🤷🏻‍♂️ In all honesty, I think these were both spoiled by their promotion - the GP were tired of them. 

I feel badly for Katy, but I really don’t see Daisies being a hit. 

TWICE on hatius

Just like ARTPOP and Joanne were Gaga testing the water before releasing the masterpiece of our time ala Shallow

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Bobina

I’m confused. She said the album was dance pop, but here she’s saying Daisies sets the tone? Ma’am, I ain’t dancing to Daisies

"back to you, f*cker"

GagaUnderYou
1 minute ago, Bobina said:

I’m confused. She said the album was dance pop, but here she’s saying Daisies sets the tone? Ma’am, I ain’t dancing to Daisies

Never Really Over was quality dance pop tbh 

culturalbaptism
28 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

I'm glad she pressed reset. She truly does not care about chart success anymore. Smile is everything I wanted from her.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

SS77

The testing waters statement is true.

When I was at the NRO premiere event last May and people asked if it was the lead single, she told us that the song was the first of many random standalone singles to test sounds/styles and to see what would click. 

fede ARTPOP
50 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I was putting out à la carte [songs] and testing the waters, and just like, playing and not being serious,"

I see not difference on her albums songs with her recent singles, not even on Daisys...

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Yxcvbnm

Testing the waters :ladyhaha:

She failed 4/4 , this poor single will be the 5th flop. 

It's not a problem, but she should forget,that she's a big name in popmusic. 

Reginald

"Testing the waters" :grr: We could have had an album of 365-style bops :giveup: but we all know that that excellent song failed the test 

#JusticeFor365 her best single since Prism imo 

Creyk

It's funny how she spent a year testing the waters, any pop forum user could have told her that she needs to make more songs like Dark Horse and E.T if she wants to have a comeback.

Archived