đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Robert Pattinson refuses to work out for 'The Batman'

Featured Posts

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Yeah but it's a movie based on a character that has over thirty years of material to pull from. Slacker couch potato Batman has never been in a comic. 

Work out and train everyday is who Batman is. 

If you're unhappy with this, you have decades of old Batman adaptations to choose from. Help yourself.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SwissMonster
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Yeah but it's a movie based on a character that has over thirty years of material to pull from. Slacker couch potato Batman has never been in a comic. 

Work out and train everyday is who Batman is. 

So based on that logic a femal James Bond would be wrong. Cause in the original Bond Story by Flemming it was a charming white english man and that was his biggest character trait back then. 

By your logic 007 played by a black woman would be wrong then too right?

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

Superheros now look more accurate now 

Accurate to what? To a damn comic book from another century where society was a different one?

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, SwissMonster said:

So based on that logic a femal James Bond would be wrong. Cause in the original Bond Story by Flemming it was a charming white english man and that was his biggest character trait back then. 

By your logic 007 played by a black woman would be wrong then too right?

If the part were played by Lizzo. It would be. If it were played by Venus Williams it wouldn't be. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Daylight Jokers

I'd get this if it's Superman or any super heroes who already has powers. But Batman is literally just a human being dressed in a superhero costume. It makes sense that he should be fit (not necessarily buff) to do all those acrobatics.

Queen Bitch

Remember these were some of the previous Batmen
170610-crop-adam-west-batman-3-ew-1156a_kilmershl.jpg

You don't need to look like this
265795__43892.1342529478.380.500.jpg?c=2

To be a good Batman:vegas:

lavenderblondee

I'm on board 10000% for his portrayal of Batman/Bruce. I think he's going to nail it out of the park, and it'll be a fresh take on this superhero we all know. It's not like Batman was written in the comics as being stupid buff or pumping iron on a daily basis. In some, he did work out, but he wasn't some ripped bodybuilder. He was always "slim" and only in certain movies did he take on a more muscular tone. So, I don't see why this is shocking. Batman doesn't have super powers, he relies on his $$ which equates to technology and toys.

Also, I could be wrong, but I thought he had to "train" to get the role? So maybe that's all he needs. I don't know, the suit looks fine to me. 

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

If the part were played by Lizzo. It would be. If it were played by Venus Williams it wouldn't be. 

b1ce423c31de1917c4cb6f6e2e5143dd.gif

So a plus sized person can’t be a secret agent in a fictional story? Make it make sence

Altair

Remember how much of a disaster it was when Jared Leto tried to reimagine the joker... yeah.... history repeats itself 

Franch Toast

I suppose it ultimately depends on what his contract says. Did he agree to work out a number of days a week or to get his body into a particular condition? 

She/Her/Hers

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

b1ce423c31de1917c4cb6f6e2e5143dd.gif

So a plus sized person can’t be a secret agent in a fictional story? Make it make sence

Sure but not for the Bond roll. 

Melissa MCathry play an bigger spy in her movie Spy and it was great. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

DiskoBaby
7 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Accurate to what? To a damn comic book from another century where society was a different one?

Superheros in movies look more accurate to their comic versions. Superhero movies have technology that accuartely depicts the comic versions now. Superheros fight even better now because they have the strength and adrenaline now making the fight scenes more realistic. 

THIS IS WHAT COMIC FANS WANT. 

They want to see their heros in the big screen accurately depicting their comic book fantasies. They don't want social changes and body acceptance. The superhero industry is a billion dollar industry. There are certain looks you have to abide by to please the fans. If Batman isn't up to par to his standards they will be the final judge. This is not an industry to start praising body acceptance.

lavenderblondee
Just now, Altair said:

Remember how much of a disaster it was when Jared Leto tried to reimagine the joker... yeah.... history repeats itself 

Jared Leto was a dumpster fire of a situation, and I'm still not sure why ANYONE thought that was a good idea...

But, re imagining superheroes is something we need. If we got the exact same iteration of the same superhero in every move, it'd be rather boring. Yes, keep certain characteristics, the audience has to be familiar with the superhero, but some things can definitely be improved/changed on to keep things fresh and interesting. This is coming from someone who is a big comic book lover/DC fan specifically, and I'm always here for some changing and fresh takes on the characters I love.

LaLuna

I'm here for a non-ripped superhero tbh. All these muscle guys bore me.

41 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Or why can’t we have some plus sized superheroes?

I'm all for an overweight or obese superhero if it's ever created, it would have to make sense though. That superhero would have to rely solely on their powers to beat villains. Batman has no superpowers so he has to have fighting skills and some actual strength/muscles in his body.

Archived