Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kesha cancels 2020 tour for good

Bradley

Featured Posts

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Ya’ll think artists like Gaga and their label can’t afford to put on a show and not get any income from it ....? Really? :ladyhaha:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLa
1 minute ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Ya’ll think artists like Gaga and their label can’t afford to put on a show and not get any income from it ....? Really? :ladyhaha:

They can afford it, but that's not how businesses think. If they're not making a profit, they're not into it. And their profits are about to be waaayyyy down, the economy is tanking... they won't take risks.

But! I do think they'll have to come up with something, because touring is the way most artist make the majority of their money. I think if they can come up with a way to make paid livestreams worth it that'll start happening, because concerts are going to be one of the last things we get back, and the first things cancelled again if we get new waves of illness. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
2 minutes ago, LaLa said:

They can afford it, but that's not how businesses think. If they're not making a profit, they're not into it. And their profits are about to be waaayyyy down, the economy is tanking... they won't take risks.

But! I do think they'll have to come up with something, because touring is the way most artist make the majority of their money. I think if they can come up with a way to make paid livestreams worth it that'll start happening, because concerts are going to be one of the last things we get back, and the first things cancelled again if we get new waves of illness. 

It’s one show. I’m not saying they have 50-dates all streamed. That’s ridiculous. But ONE show where they hype it up - sell it to websites or streaming services - get sponsorships, etc. I don’t think it’s that crazy of an idea. And you can argue they’re saving money from the overhead of producing the tours for 50 something shows as opposed to just one. It’s a way to give back to the fans. I really hope they consider it! :icega:

Ronk

I'm looking forward to Kesha's next tour.  Her Rainbow tour was amazing.  She's one of my faves.  :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Allan
8 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

It’s one show. I’m not saying they have 50-dates all streamed. That’s ridiculous. But ONE show where they hype it up - sell it to websites or streaming services - get sponsorships, etc. I don’t think it’s that crazy of an idea. And you can argue they’re saving money from the overhead of producing the tours for 50 something shows as opposed to just one. It’s a way to give back to the fans. I really hope they consider it! :icega:

I do think it could be a thing in the near future, there's no way big artists will wait over an year to be able to perform live. Concerts the size of the Dive Bar Tour and the first artRAVE could generate some profit as far as they keep the production not too over the top and gather partners to advertise. A big concert with a lot of artists, like a closed-venue festival is also an option as long as there's also sponsorships and advertisement going on.

Take this an example (don't mind the music):

Although right now this kind of production and this much social contact is not recommended, there's a mid-sized professional production and at least 3 huge sponsorships. It's something totally do-able for the popular artists.

Brie Candy
41 minutes ago, Bradley said:

It seems like we really are going through 2020 without any major live performances :bradley:

Get ready for that 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
Just now, Allan said:

I do think it could be a thing in the near future, there's no way big artists will wait over an year to be able to perform live. Concerts the size of the Dive Bar Tour and the first artRAVE could generate some profit as far as they keep the production not too over the top and gather partners to advertise. A big concert with a lot of artists, like a closed-venue festival is also an option as long as there's also sponsorships and advertisement going on.

Take this an example (don't mind the music):

Although right now this kind of production and this much social contact is not recommended, there's a mid-sized professional production and at least 3 huge sponsorships. It's something totally do-able for the popular artists.

Very cool! I do think come June/July Gaga could take a skeleton crew to a warehouse with some green screens , a few dancers, sing a few songs, and it’s some added hype for the album! Even the VMAs I think they can have the performers come over 2-3 days to space out the amount of people in the venue at one time. WWE & UFC have been running shows - and they’re sweating and bleeding all over each other lol 

Mister G
34 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

That’s what I’m saying. Charge for a stream of a concert in a warehouse like you said earlier. They all need to come to grips with reality; NO ONE is going to be hosting large events at any venue for the rest of 2020 at this rate. It’s too risky. Hell, I’ll be surprised if people even host house parties with more than 10 people. At the end of the day, ENIGMA and CHROMATICA 2020 shows ain’t happening unless they all cave and adjust to a digital version. 

ProfessionalClown

How do I get a refund on Ticketmaster :toofunny:

joannesrats
31 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Why is nobody mentioning the fact that we can’t be in gatherings rn? Kesha’s shows need at least 30 people to put on - Gaga’s around 75. Per night. How would that work? They aren’t essential workers so they can’t even go to work. Not to mention that you also need a huge film crew on top of it. And long rehearsal hours exposing dancers and bands to each other. It’s impossible. 

Allan
3 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Why is nobody mentioning the fact that we can’t be in gatherings rn? Kesha’s shows need at least 30 people to put on - Gaga’s around 75. Per night. How would that work? They aren’t essential workers so they can’t even go to work. Not to mention that you also need a huge film crew on top of it. And long rehearsal hours exposing dancers and bands to each other. It’s impossible. 

Keyword: right now. Eventually, in a few months, the social distancing will be over and small groups will be allowed to get together. That's enough for a small crew work on a show, assuming that some rehearsals and most of the planning can be done online. As for a live crowd, that might take a long time.

numb the flame

can't wait for another "Monsters, I'm devastated" post

ADVENTURE
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

but how do you buy so much equipment with expensive props and lighting when there's no audience to give you the revenue?

They could trim down the show significantly. There is a lot less to show on a small screen. And if they sold the performance then it could keep fans happy and bring in some revenue.

Archived