đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Ever Happened To This Queen?

COOOK

Featured Posts

Pop Music

Mary Roach / Guilbeaux is a legend and will never be forgotten 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

blankpaper

This was almost lost in the farthest corner of my memory omg. I miss when they showed all the bad auditions

reality’s tight if the music is right

JazzGa

"I want to say a big fuk you to Simon.... and Randy... and Martin (even though he's a hottie, I won't deny that)" :ladyhaha:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

COOOK
3 minutes ago, MannyMonroe18 said:

Here’s her Instagram. The last time she posted was like 2018

https://instagram.com/officialmaryroach?igshid=7ddmrnda5c9x

Looks like she did go Cosmetology school after all.

Looks a bit fan-made. There are many comments saying "fake" and "#exposed". One said: "So fake, I saw that photo in a forum from the actual Mary roach in 2005 lmao #exposed"

ShayCristoforo

My friends and I talk about her all the time. She had a blog recently so I’ll try to find it 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

COOOK
1 minute ago, ShayCristoforo said:

My friends and I talk about her all the time. She had a blog recently so I’ll try to find it 

Queen of appearing only 6min on television nearly 20 years ago and still to this day remains relevant! Consider me perched

Bobbylon

She’s so amazing I hope she has the best life possible. A star is born moment. Ktotally unique

StrawberryBlond

I only watched this show very briefly and she's one of the very few auditionees I remember because she was that unusual. She was 18 but looked well into her 30's, she wanted her change her surname to Gilbeaux which sounded unfortunately like Gilbo (which sounded like the name of a muppet), she sang like we do when we have headphones in and can't hear ourselves, she said she had a lot of different voices and they were all in her head, she said the guts to say to Paula Abdul's face that she was prettier than she thought she'd be. Was she a paid actress? Was she pretending to be this crazy or did she really have problems? We'll never truly know. But one thing's for sure, we'll never see contestants like this on any singing reality show ever again now that people are vetted a lot more.

COOOK
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But one thing's for sure, we'll never see contestants like this on any singing reality show ever again now that people are vetted a lot more.

Why is that? I mean, producers are always aiming for memorable tv moments, if Miss Guilbeaux made such an impact imagine what the rest of the world has to offer today

Chromatican

I love the old school Idol auditions omg. So many bad auditions and iconic meltdowns. This one is amazing too:

StrawberryBlond
20 hours ago, COOOK said:

Why is that? I mean, producers are always aiming for memorable tv moments, if Miss Guilbeaux made such an impact imagine what the rest of the world has to offer today

I mean in terms of vetting people in case of mental issues. There have famously been cases of people who went on shows like these who seemed visibly troubled and post-show, there was news of them being admitted to mental hospitals and suchlike. There were even suicides. It wasn't directly because of the show they did it but they were having problems before and being on a show in front of millions of viewers really didn't help, especially if their clip went viral. And the shows were criticised for not taking into account the mental state of contestants and willingly made fun of their bad auditions in front of millions. It was normal back then to find this hilarious but we've progressed so much more now to where we realise that making fun of delusional people who might even be in need of mental help just isn't funny.

17 hours ago, Chromatican said:

I love the old school Idol auditions omg. So many bad auditions and iconic meltdowns. This one is amazing too:

She was another one I remember! They actually kept in the part where she kicks her leg up and it had to be censored (that would never happen today)! Her epic rant at the end is even longer than I remember. She really went in on Paula even though she was the nicest one to her. She really tried to make her out to be wrong for offering her water! I feel like I'm watching some drag queen read when I hear her rant, it's on another level! Does anyone feel she looks like a black Trisha Paytas or is it just me?

• 8 months later...
millssaysurdumb

I think I saw a pretty realistic looking insta account. The name was MaryRoach400, (NOT officialmaryroach, that was is obviously fake. 

Archived