Dua Lipa will be pushed to be the biggest artist on Spotify

corvus albus

Featured Posts

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
4 hours ago, corvus albus said:

I actually did not expect this thread to have so much anger in it but I should've seen it coming :huntyga:

I am still figuring out what went wrong :messga:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

MaryJaneHolland
13 minutes ago, Cervaantes said:

Why are y'all mad at Dua now

They are mad at every girl that's currently smashing. First Billie, now Dua. 

This forum has such superiority complex.

Dua is currently #2 on Spotify, just behind The Weeknd, so it's not that far-fetched 

Imagine if Interscope had said 'let's make Gaga the biggest YouTube star' after Bad Romance smashed. 

No wonder some people here are mad :ohwell:

gagzus

I mean... she had one massively successful era in the U.K. that’s it the album like tanked overseas in the US 💀 

Future Nostalgia is... alright but I don’t see her ever reaching the level of the main pop girls, like Gaga’s basically making Ariana the official princess of pop from the new generation so the next big female pop star is decided 

Push it all u want. You can't create an icon, it happens organically and thru pure power of charisma, talent and entertainment that englobes the whole population regardless of race, sex etc 

Teletubby

She can be as big like Rihanna and they both can't dance 
grammy awards rihanna GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

vyniildisk
2 hours ago, SourCandy said:

They are mad at every girl that's currently smashing. First Billie, now Dua. 

This forum has such superiority complex.

Dua is currently #2 on Spotify, just behind The Weeknd, so it's not that far-fetched 

Read this @LilyLark and just let it go girl. And stop comparing Dua with locals like Halsey. 

Admin
3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

Dua is one of my favs, but in the US, at least, there is no way she is the "hottest female pop star" unless we're counting pop stars who have released music in the last six months. COVID-19 impacted her sales, but even then they were pretty weak...she's definitely a way, way bigger deal in Europe. DSN was the exception, not the rule, when you look at her album sales and other singles. Again, I love Dua but Halsey (more on her level as a not quite established pop star yet like Ariana) is a bigger name in the US based on sales/charts & arguably media exposure.

I think the great critical buzz for Future Nostalgia  & the success of DSN will help her when it comes time to promote her next album and she'll smash hardcore in the US.

Why are you talking about sales? It's 2020.

She's the No. 1 most streamed female artist in the world right now. And in the U.S. she has the highest-charting female SONG and ALBUM right now. There is no female artist hotter than Dua Lipa in the world OR in the U.S. right now and it's literally a fact.

Admin
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

I mean... she had one massively successful era in the U.K. that’s it the album like tanked overseas in the US 💀 

It's literally the highest charting album by a female artist in the U.S. right now...

Regina George

The fact that some of y’all are bitter they gave this statement... This is what record label os supposed to do for artists they signed! Just because Gaga’s shitty label doesn’t do that it doesn’t mean that every record label has to be as clueless... Stay bitter. 

Anastasios

Dua Lipa is very talented and underrated. She is no where near where her peers are, but she is already having giant success and now the big bosses want to achieve even more success of course. Its understandable.

I really love her new album and loved some old tunes from here as well. The one thing she has to work on is her stage presence... because its quite a journey, if you ask me. :selena:

Archived