💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

BABYMETAL appreciation thread

TheSlash

Featured Posts

TheSlash

"Who is BABYMETAL?" you might ask.

Well, it is a Japanese band currently consisting of lead singer Suzuka Nakamoto ( also called Su-Metal ) and supporting singer ( occasionally also lead singer ) Moa Kikuchi (Moa-Metal). Yui Mizumi (Yui-Metal) is a former member of the band and was also a supporting singer.

The band originates from the Japanese TV show "Sakura Gakuin", which is kind of a "talent pool", where young Japanese kids in junior high school from ages 11 to 15 can do their first steps into a career in entertainment business. The show is set up as a school setting, with the "students" being in different clubs. One of the clubs was a "Heavy Music club", which would eventually form BABYMETAL.

The core idea of the band is to combine elements of J-Pop ( dance choreos, "cheesy" and uplifting lyrics, the general "Idol" appeal) with various kinds of Metal music. In 2012, their first single "ドキドキ☆モーニング" ("Doki Doki☆Morning" - literally "heartbeat morning" :diane: ) was released, which now (as of April 2020) gathered more than 25 million views:

Since then, they released 3 studio albums - their debut "BABYMETAL" (2014), "Metal Resistance" (2016) and "Metal Galaxy" (2019) - and went on several world tours.

Before Yui-Metal's departure from the band in 2017 due to health issues, she and Moa-Metal also formed a sub-group called "Black Babymetal" where only the two tried on incorporating rap music. On of the songs is "Onedari Daisakusen":

( It's literally a song about them begging their dad for money bc their mother wouldn't allow it :billie: )

One of their "poppiest" songs to date might be "iine" ( pronounce it like "ee-neh" ) which incorporates club music, rap music and a bit of Thrash Metal during its breakdown:

Finally, listen to all 3 of their albums on Spotify below:

If you already know them and like what they do: Share your opinion and how you got into their music :heart: .

If you didn't know them, yet: Please give it a try. Trust me, I never thought in my entire life that I would ever listen to Metal music, but now I'm here and am obsessed with their discography :giveup: .

Spoiler

@Jose P @EuphoricVibez

I tagged you bc you showed interest in the other thread :hor: 

Ew, David!

Linus Gaga

I thought you would have mentioned their artRave opening act?

Hit me a message and say hi !

I listen to few songs of theirs. I rarely listen to songs that aren't either in English or Finnish but I love the sound of metal with more pop diva -like lead vocals :flower:

I'm probably wrong

TheSlash
Just now, Linus Gaga said:

I thought you would have mentioned their artRave opening act?

I didn't know they did open the artRave at one point :nooo: 

1 minute ago, Jose P said:

My favorite songs are these:

Headbanger is a fvcking, well, headbanger :firega: 

Ew, David!

Linus Gaga
2 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

I didn't know they did open the artRave at one point :nooo: 

re_bm_wlady-gaga.jpg

lady-gaga-babymetal-twitpic.jpg

Hit me a message and say hi !

TheSlash
1 minute ago, GayPrideUnicorn said:

I listen to few songs of theirs. I rarely listen to songs at aren't either in English or Finnish but I love the sound of metal with more pop diva -like lead vocals :flower:

Well, 'Elevator Girl' is all in English :gayhat: 

Ew, David!

RAMROD

Their shows supposed to be one of the few concerts I was gonna attend to, but Miss Ronna ruined that. :bradley:

The song that got me into them was this

A deep cut, I know. But it is great!

The lyrics was actually innocent, but it can be used for adult too. #PourMeSomeCandyDaddy :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheSlash
2 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

re_bm_wlady-gaga.jpg

lady-gaga-babymetal-twitpic.jpg

OK, so I need a Lady Gaga x BABYMETAL collab asap :giveup: 

Ew, David!

9 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Hadn't listened to this since the release and as soon as it started, I just saw me sitting in subway listening to this:bradley: This year has been so hectic:excuseu:

My favourite song of theirs is PA PA YA! It just always makes me want to jump and sing along :party:

I'm probably wrong

Agunimon
17 hours ago, GayPrideUnicorn said:

I love the sound of metal with more pop diva -like lead vocals :flower:

1650982182_POPPY-IDISAGREE.thumb.jpg.1cf

We are all SHOCKED at this revelation. :giveup:

8 hours ago, Agunimon said:

1650982182_POPPY-IDISAGREE.thumb.jpg.1cf

We are all SHOCKED at this revelation. :giveup:

:flower:

I'm probably wrong

TheSlash