Gaga posts Chromatica track list

Coldish

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gumzy3000
3 minutes ago, joannester said:

is anyone else surprised Babylon is the closer? (bonus tracks don't count)

it didn't give me that vibe at all but I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised  :sis:

I completely agree. The song is obviously in reference to the fabled Tower of Babel in Babylon that I think is written in the Bible. Basically, humans created this tower to reach God in the sky. For some reason, God did not like this and he destroyed the tower and then dispersed the people all throughout the Earth. This is the Biblical explanation why we all speak different languages. I think that is why in the leak, Gaga sings about babbling on about silly gossip. 

Chromatica is meant to be a futuristic planet I think and the album ends with a song titled Babylon, one of the most ancient cities in history, that is about connecting the world to God? I am not sure where I am going with this but it does KINDA make sense in a way. Who knows what Gaga was thinking when she made this decision but its definitely interesting. 

trolly troll troll

VasilisVas

Poor Gaga. Her work is being torn apart little by little. 

once a track listing leaks or is announced, generally how long does it take for the album to leak? I feel like it could happen any second, minute, or day at this point. Hopefully I’m wrong. 😶😕

Maleficent
3 minutes ago, VasilisVas said:

Poor Gaga. Her work is being torn apart little by little. 

once a track listing leaks or is announced, generally how long does it take for the album to leak? I feel like it could happen any second, minute, or day at this point. Hopefully I’m wrong. 😶😕

no ones fault really...the album was slated to be released 2 weeks ago but an act of god changed those plans. it's neither Gaga's fault or targets or the fans...

VasilisVas
1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

no ones fault really...the album was slated to be released 2 weeks ago but an act of god changed those plans. it's neither Gaga's fault or targets or the fans...

I’m not accusing or blaming anyone for what’s happening, dear. I’m just making a general statement. 

joannester
21 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I completely agree. The song is obviously in reference to the fabled Tower of Babel in Babylon that I think is written in the Bible. Basically, humans created this tower to reach God in the sky. For some reason, God did not like this and he destroyed the tower and then dispersed the people all throughout the Earth. This is the Biblical explanation why we all speak different languages. I think that is why in the leak, Gaga sings about babbling on about silly gossip. 

Chromatica is meant to be a futuristic planet I think and the album ends with a song titled Babylon, one of the most ancient cities in history, that is about connecting the world to God? I am not sure where I am going with this but it does KINDA make sense in a way. Who knows what Gaga was thinking when she made this decision but its definitely interesting. 

RANT ALERT 

Chromatica talks about different tribes battling for influence, as if it were ideologies, races, religions, nations etc. Building a  tower to the sky to reach G-d perhaps represents how everyone thinks they are right and - divine like perfection  - search dominance. The story of Babylon talks about the fragmentation of humanity into different languages, which is very symbolic for people who can't understand each other's perspective. 

Ultimately all these tribes are bound to remain divided therefore the only way UP is that of respect and harmony, like a rainbow, like the CHROMATIC SCALE  :enigma: 

it all makes sense now :enigma: 

+ I love your point about future / antiquity - the beginning and end of humanity (represented by the post apocalyptic vibe of the cover). 

Spoiler

Babylon not sounding like a closer was more sonically though. but we'll see. applause closing ARTPOP sounds like a  bad idea in theory but was a GREAT move

I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fυckιng weave out Βitch

Traumatica
1 hour ago, joannester said:

which are the bops and which are the flops? ladies place your bets :bon:

Hide contents

bops : Alice, 911, sour candy, 1000 doves, sine from above, plastic doll

fillers : fun tonight, replay, enigma(?)

BOP: Stupid Love, Stupid Love (Remix), Babylon, Rain on Me, Sour Candy, Enigma, 1000 Doves, Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll,  911, Free Woman.

FILLER: Sine from Above, 1000 Doves (Piano Demo), Alice, Replay, CHROMATICA 1/2/3.

Massive Monster

Hide contents

Agree ! Fun Tonight and Replay sound like very generic titles and filler tracks. Enigma is just late.

Plastic Doll and Sour Candy are defo bops. 911 could be also. 

Sine from above is probably a more old school piano-rock track. 

I have no idea what 1000 doves could sound like. Maybe anthem synth pop like Edge Of Glory.  

Kind regards

Michael Baram

Reveal hidden contents

Rain On Me, 911, Plastic Doll and Sour Candy all seem iconic already to me

I’m not sure about 1000 Doves and Replay lol

Traumatica

@misunderstood 

State your reason for “LMAO”ing me or face a slow and painful death. :nails:
S(w)ine from Above and others ain’t a bop and we know it. Periodt.

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived