❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Why did Joanne (single) get retitled?

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

Random- but I was just wondering 

Why do you guys think Joanne got retitled when the piano version was released as a single? Why was it not just left as "Joanne (Piano Version)" ?  Why was it retitled to "Joanne (Where Do U Think Ur Goin')[Piano Version]" ?? 

:huh: thoughts?

♥ Kindness Police.

ShayCristoforo

I can also see people searching for "Where do you think you're going" a lot more than "Joanne" -- in order to hear it again, for people who are unfamiliar. That lyric stands out and is more prevalent in the song.   

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Mirrion Rizzons

I guess cause it was separate to the album so if it was on in the background the title “where do you think you’re going?” Is more recognisable probably

Head Empty

The song would be easier to find for people who don't know the title. Since it was being released as a single, they had to make sure it was as comercially viable as possible.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

Jill

to avoid people doing the thing they did when she started promoting A-Yo and everyone though it was called Mirror on the Ceiling.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Monsterxo
2 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I can also see people searching for "Where do you think you're going" a lot more than "Joanne" -- in order to hear it again, for people who are unfamiliar. That lyric stands out and is more prevalent in the song.   

Yep

Same reason Gaga promoted A'yo as 'Mirror on the ceiling"

Genuine Guy 09

Lol 'easier for people to find' and it lowkey bombed everywhere except the Grammys :billie:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Gracious Gaga
6 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

5 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The song would be easier to find for people who don't know the title. Since it was being released as a single, they had to make sure it was as comercially viable as possible.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Lol 'easier for people to find' and it lowkey bombed everywhere except the Grammys :billie:

makes sense 

♥ Kindness Police.

DavidLuis198
23 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Just like people were searching the song "Mirror On the Ceiling" after she performed A-YO 100 times on James Corden's TV show

someone already said that, sorryyyy

I don't know how to write in english

Madame Goo Goo
22 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

It wasn't a single in the US, just Italy. It was never sent to radios here. I think Gaga just wanted to release the piano version because she thought it was beautiful.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

River

To make it eligible for the Gtammy's

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Yxilon

winning at grammys 2019 with an album that was released in 2016 ugh the sleeping

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Archived