❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
press

Haus Labs use questionable tagline for launching new collection

Stef

Featured Posts

Kindness Hooker
4 minutes ago, SKANK said:

In Gaga's home town alone almost 20,000 people have died in the last few weeks, unclaimed bodies are being buried in mass graves on Hart Island, hospitals are renting freezer trucks to store the bodies in because their morgues are full, and nursing homes are turning into cemeteries overnight.

During a time when death is so acutely on the minds of everyone, (we are all social distancing to literally stop people from dying,) promoting a lip gloss with three death puns...is obviously tone deaf, at best.

You might not find it offensive. But it is subjectively piss poor marketing.

:lmao:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel
1 hour ago, Francesca Cipriani said:

I hope they created this tagline months and months ago, and they didn't check now what was written... Messy Labs strikes again anyway :madge:

I think that's exactly it, especially 'cause the whole "RIP liner" is based on the "to die for" piece. This could have been the original line.

I'm just... kind of surprised they kept it? Like, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world... but it's not the best, either LMAO

3 points in and ready for more

SarahTannoIsHere
2 hours ago, Francesca Cipriani said:

I hope they created this tagline months and months ago, and they didn't check now what was written... Messy Labs strikes again anyway :madge:

This thread is a stretch, this is like getting offended by the color red because your great grandma or something died and her fav color was red, y’all need to stop 

Consent to LMAO react me

SKANK
28 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

This thread is a stretch, this is like getting offended by the color red because your great grandma or something died and her fav color was red, y’all need to stop 

I must have missed the part where Gaga canceled an album in order to raise a hundred million dollars and staged a historic global concert...for one person’s gradma. :toofunny:

Things don’t have to be “offensive” and “cancle-worthy” in order to be really poorly thought out choices.

If everyone is wearing masks in public in order to slow the spread of a pandemic killing thousands of people, marketing a lipgloss that people can wear under those masks with puns about death...is terrible, terrible, marketing.

If any other pop star released this ad no one on GGD would be pretending not to see how dumb it was to release it.

Francesca Cipriani
7 hours ago, HausOfG said:

YAWN y'all are so boring. You'd have to be an idiot to actually be offended by this. y'all just want any excuse to bitch about her make up company that apparently none of you are interested in yet you won't shut up about. 

Little complainers strikes again 

:lmao::lmao:

Reported :)

Ally Campana
9 hours ago, Ryusei said:

Can we stop taking something everyone knows what it‘s meant like and try to make a figure of speech seem problematic? Thousands of people die without pandemics every day and it was never a problem. People are so braindead :saladga:

Thank you!!! Especially when it comes to HausLabs, always nitpicking. It’s tiring. :saladga:

Does it matter? Damage is done

culturalbaptism
9 hours ago, Enigma said:

WHERE is the problematic? :awkney:

I'm still trying to find. :saladga:

On-topic: ProblematiGa. :ladyhaha:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Some of you need to get a life and preferably multiple hobbies.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Archived