OBEY 57,109 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 I guess they'll learn the hard way, aka even more deaths. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DeleteMyAccount 11,881 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 The Republican "Liberation Movement" is such a bore... As if they weren't running us over for real change. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
little legend 0 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 The fact that in my country everything is closed (except food markets and etc.) with just 11 new cases today meanwhile US is having the most cases in the world and they want to open everything Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 14 minutes ago, Borislshere said: Here in Texas i've heard stores are to reopen next week also but with minimal contact. I feel like this is going to blow up in everyones face Stores are allowed to reopen as long as it’s curbside to go I live in San Antonio but I’m not sure if the governors guidelines will override the city who currently has a stay at home order until the end of the month. I just don’t see how these republican governors think it’s a good idea, Texas ranks the second to worst state in testing, I know a couple of people who are being told to stay home because there is still a lack of tests Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Borislshere 53,665 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 2 minutes ago, gabeoz said: Stores are allowed to reopen as long as it’s curbside to go I live in San Antonio but I’m not sure if the governors guidelines will override the city who currently has a stay at home order until the end of the month. I just don’t see how these republican governors think it’s a good idea, Texas ranks the second to worst state in testing, I know a couple of people who are being told to stay home because there is still a lack of tests A fellow San Antonian I was also wondering about how this will work since it seems new orders are still being made by The Mayor that seem to clash with what the Governor is saying. Idk how any of this will work Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Francesca Cipriani 1,668 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 Here in Italy we are in lockdown since late february, and in south carolina they are thinking to reopen after 1 week... fools Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JGD 12,101 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 Natural selection Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kindness Hooker 7 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 1 hour ago, Borislshere said: Here in Texas i've heard stores are to reopen next week also but with minimal contact. I feel like this is going to blow up in everyones face It is lol... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gumzy3000 8,008 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 As someone who lives in Canada, this scares me a lot. If the US decides to open up during the pandemic, then the numbers in Canada will certainly surge upwards due to the massive amount of people who travel between Canada and the USA. It's like Canada will have to pay for the stupidity of the American government trolly troll troll Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blastertoyo 22,734 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 Natural selection please enlighten me to death Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
SharkmanthaC 115,335 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 As much as I want to go to the beach (my camper is stored at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach currently), I really don’t think this is a good idea. We are going to start opening up things too early and it’s going to get worse. she/her/hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pop Music 20,540 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 jesus this is infuriating do people not want this to end? Pop Music and Lady Gaga forever! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 1 hour ago, Borislshere said: A fellow San Antonian I was also wondering about how this will work since it seems new orders are still being made by The Mayor that seem to clash with what the Governor is saying. Idk how any of this will work I think the cities will be able to decide for themselves if they want to extend past state guideline though I havent seen anything for sure about if they will or not, Austin just extended their SAH order to May 8th and San Antonio just formed a team of medical experts to determine when it will be safe to ease restrictions, but I personally think the lockdown as it is now will extend into mid May. Idk though, I'm really cautious especially in the area I'm in, I live in North SA not too far from UTSA and it's no wonder why the UTSA area is hit hard because everyone I know in student living there is still partying and hanging out with friends like they dont care Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maleficent 6 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 we should not reopen anything until we have the capacity to test at least 30% of the population for either covid-19 or its antibodies (regardless of symptoms) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted April 18, 2020 Share Posted April 18, 2020 10 minutes ago, Pop Music said: jesus this is infuriating do people not want this to end? History repeats itself The 1918 pandemic was as bad as it was because they eased restrictions too early which just created a much deadlier second wave. Yet here we have governors trying to ease restrictions before we expect the virus to even reach it's peak in their respective states Any type of impactful easing of SAH orders over the next couple of months are expected to cause a significant increase of cases, but to quote the assistant governor of the great state of Texas, your grand parents want to die Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.