Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

A love letter to "The Fame"

McYves

Featured Posts

McYves

In 2008 I guess? I listened to "Quicksand" by Britney Spears and saw that the songwriter of that song was Lady Gaga. I really liked "Just dance" and was already aware that this bitch had the potential to be an icon, but the fact that I found out that she was also a composer for absolutely established artists was what made me interested in this Gaga girl.

"The Fame" had already been released so I downloaded it (illegally but still). Since I don't speak English as such, and I have a hard time understanding English being sung (spoken is easier for me), I printed all the lyrics and began to listen to the album carefully, which I do with artists who immediately I think they have potential. I LOVED IT, with all my heart, I loved every song on that record, from start to finish, and of course I bought the ****ing album inmediately. The last exciting thing that had happened in pop before "The Fame" had been "Confessions on a Dance Floor" by Madonna, and whatever they say, neither Britney, nor Beyoncé, nor Christina, nor any other popstar was doing anything exciting in the pop world. I think it was Kylie who said that Gaga fell like a "meteorite" in the pop scene, and she did! Every single pop bitch had to reinvent (or try to, anyways) herself after the "birth" of Gaga. Just facts.

This Gaga girl, first of all, could sing. The singles were hymns for the dance floor, of course, but it was OBVIOUS that the voice was not the product of a ****ing app on a producer's laptop. Songs like "Brown Eyes" proved it, and actually each of the songs, from "Just Dance" to "I like it rought" had brilliant moments in which the uniqueness of Gaga's voice stood out. Also, the lyrics were FUN yet clever, ironic, silly, superficial and actually INTERESTING at the same time. It was impossible not to fall in love, seriously. And let's not talk about how FRESH and UNIQUE was her sound at that particular moment in pop music, it would take days to finish writing about it but let's just say that album did destroy careers. It literally did.

I was 17, 18 years old during The Fame Era, and I had just moved from my hometown to the capital of my state (I'm from San Luis Potosí, México) with some of my friends. So, new city, new things, new life; it was a hard time but the greatest memories that I have from that "era" of mine are always related somehow to "The Fame". And I will always remember that album as the music that accompanied me and inspired me during a moment in my life when I completely defined my identity once and for all, after those messy teenage years, and a moment in my life when I learned how to enjoy fun and success and love and freedom without feeling like I don't deserve it because I was (am?) just a weird anxious insecure nerdish gay guy.

But yeah, as I said, it was a great time to be alive! My friends whom I lived with and I would listen to "Poker Face", "LoveGame", "Paparazzi" and the whole album, all the time, while drinking beer, dancing or just talking about random stuff. We'd go out to dance at gay clubs (even when my friends were mostly straight) simply because those were the places where they would play Gaga, can you imagine that? I no longer remember how many times we sang "Boys Boys Boys" while drunk or just happy and having fun. And the whole story of my first boyfriend ever (Abraham) and I also had "The Fame" as a soundtrack, why not, even the album outtakes: "Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes)" and "Future Love" must have been the most played songs ever in his car, totally. And in a way, I met this guy thanks to Gaga, thanks to the new version of myself that her music inspired me to be and the self-esteem that gave me all this "fame is on the inside, be yourself, don't be afraid to show how famous you are" thing. Three days after meeting Abraham, I came out to my mom, by the way. 

I don't know if someone is reading this, I'm not well known in GagaDaily and I participate very little here (mainly because, although I "know" English, I still find it hard to express myself in a language other than Spanish) but I love GGD and I wanted to write this "love letter "to" The Fame "here because, well, this is a Gaga fan forum and I think it's the right place to write it. 

So, THANK YOU, Stefani Germanotta, for creating "The Fame" (and "The Fame Monster", "Born This Way" and everything else) and for being a badass bitch that has inspired us to feel more comfortable in our own skin and more famous and more powerful and free with your art. That's it. That's the love letter :oops:.

Have a great day, night or whatever it is in your country right now, y'all. And please make sure you're ready to be brutally slayed by "Chromatica". :) 

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

GooberChill
Just now, McYves said:

In 2008 I guess? I listened to "Quicksand" by Britney Spears and saw that the songwriter of that song was Lady Gaga. I really liked "Just dance" and was already aware that this bitch had the potential to be an icon, but the fact that I found out that she was also a composer for absolutely established artists was what made me interested in this Gaga girl.

"The Fame" had already been released so I downloaded it (illegally but still). Since I don't speak English as such, and I have a hard time understanding English being sung (spoken is easier for me), I printed all the lyrics and began to listen to the album carefully, which I do with artists who immediately I think they have potential. I LOVED IT, with all my heart, I loved every song on that record, from start to finish, and of course I bought the ****ing album inmediately. The last exciting thing that had happened in pop before "The Fame" had been "Confessions on a Dance Floor" by Madonna, and whatever they say, neither Britney, nor Beyoncé, nor Christina, nor any other popstar was doing anything exciting in the pop world. I think it was Kylie who said that Gaga fell like a "meteorite" in the pop scene, and it was! Every single pop bitch had to reinvent (or try to, anyways) herself after the "birth" of Gaga. Just facts.

This Gaga girl, first of all, could sing. The singles were hymns for the dance floor, of course, but it was OBVIOUS that the voice was not the product of a ****ing app on a producer's laptop. Songs like "Brown Eyes" proved it, and actually each of the songs, from "Just Dance" to "I like it rought" had brilliant moments in which the uniqueness of Gaga's voice stood out. Also, the lyrics were FUN yet clever, ironic, silly, superficial and actually INTERESTING at the same time. It was impossible not to fall in love, seriously. And let's not talk about how FRESH and UNIQUE was her sound at that particular moment in pop music, it would take days to finish writing about it but let's just say that album did destroy careers. It literally did.

I was 17, 18 years old during The Fame Era, and I had just moved from my hometown to the capital of my state (I'm from San Luis Potosí, México) with some of my friends. So, new city, new things, new life; it was a hard time but the greatest memories that I have from that "era" of mine are always related somehow to "The Fame". And I will always remember that album as the music that accompanied me and inspired me during a moment in my life when I completely defined my identity once and for all, after those messy teenage years, and a moment in my life when I learned how to enjoy fun and success and love and freedom without feeling like I don't deserve it because I was (am?) just a weird anxious insecure nerdish gay guy.

But yeah, as I said, it was a great time to be alive! My friends whom I lived with and I would listen to "Poker Face", "LoveGame", "Paparazzi" and the whole album, all the time, while drinking beer, dancing or just talking about random stuff. We'd go out to dance at gay clubs (even when my friends were mostly straight) simply because those were the places where they would play Gaga, can you imagine that? I no longer remember how many times we sang "Boys Boys Boys" while drunk or just happy and having fun. And the whole story of my first boyfriend ever (Abraham) and I also had "The Fame" as a soundtrack, why not, even the album outtakes: "Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes)" and "Future Love" must have been the most played songs ever in his car, totally. And in a way, I met this guy thanks to Gaga, thanks to the new version of myself that her music inspired me to be and the self-esteem that gave me all this "fame is on the inside, be yourself, don't be afraid to show how famous you are" thing. Three days after meeting Abraham, I came out to my mom, by the way. 

I don't know if someone is reading this, I'm not well known in GagaDaily and I participate very little here (mainly because, although I "know" English, I still find it hard to express myself in a language other than Spanish) but I love GGD and I wanted to write this "love letter "to" The Fame "here because, well, this is a Gaga fan forum and I think it's the right place to write it. 

So, THANK YOU, Stefani Germanotta, for creating "The Fame" (and "The Fame Monster", "Born This Way" and everything else) and for being a badass bitch that has inspired us to feel more comfortable in our own skin and more famous and more powerful and free with your art. That's it. That's the love letter :oops:.

Have a great day, night or whatever it is in your country right now, y'all. And please make sure you're ready to be brutally slayed by "Chromatica". :) 

Ive been lubbing my ears for MONTHS for Chromatica to consensually wreck my ears. 

I am ready.

Tu post me llegó al corazón, The Fame llegó cuando yo tenía 11 años y este disco hizo enamorarme de ella y su concepto, pero a la vez me hizo disfrutar mi adolescencia y mi paso a la vida adulta, cada vez que lo escucho recuerdo aquellos días en la secundaria cuando no dejaba de escucharlo una y otra vez, me sorprende que aquí en el foro muchos opinen que es su peor disco cuando para mí es mi favorito y el mejor, siempre estará en mi corazón, incluso las canciones que no son apreciadas en el foro como Boys, Boys, Boys o Summerboy ♥ 

BlingNotTheMusic

I was 19, 20, 21 when TF/TFM were popular and it was honestly a glorious time to be a gay. :gayhat: One of the DJs at this 18+ club we went to would play a Megamix of The Fame album and I remember one night he played it super late like 3a and no one was on the dancefloor but me and I was just twirling my gay a** and lipsyncing...just LIVING. 

This album defined a period in my life and she made me feel like a superhero. Thank you Stefani :pawsup::kara:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

gagafan90

I love this I was 18, 19 during these days as well coming into my own identity being from a family that wasn't particularly gay friendly being able to go to the 18+ gay club in my area and just living my life to the fullest exploring new things in my life my friends were all into the album as well which was even better ugh the memories this album has for me and knowing how it's impacted many other little monsters out there is just so amazing to me 

brucee

i remember so many things from that era too.. Singing with my friends, learning the choreos..  When Gaga came to my life I knew I had a stress reliever stronger than my 'rescue' stick.

hello hello baby.

Archived