music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Look I’m really tired of running around in circles here, but you did misunderstand some of the things I said. First, in regards to the reported numbers I mentioned in my post, I meant the numbers reported for Future Nostalgia thus far, not Stupid Love or anything regarding Chromatica.

And by the 2000-2010s artists that would kill for these numbers at that stage of their career, yes I agree Rih and Beyoncé wouldn’t bc they’ve always been monsters in terms of sales. But then there are some who would like Kesha, Xtina, Britney, Katy. You could even say Nicki maybe.

And by the non-mainstream sound, yes I know Joanne is pop, but it’s very country and folk influenced, and it’s a sound that wasn’t very popular back then nor is it now. It’s also a sound that Gaga isn’t known for, and could have greatly affected her sales significantly given she was not the powerful giant she was during her peak. Yet it did very well considering the place she was in her career and the promo it received. That’s what I meant.

It's very easy not to respond to anything specifically and to just claim "I misunderstood some of the things you said". You claim FN's numbers project that Chromatica will outperform FN? In what way? Lol. The opposite is true.

Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons sold the album, and actually, I find Gaga has more success with the country / ballad type music nowadays anyway. Anyway. You don't wanna go around in circles, then get to the point, which I stressed a million times: Dua Lipa's debut did great, her second album will also do great, and Gaga's performance as in since ARTPOP is nothing to write home about (except ASIB).

1 minute ago, ANTI WP said:

@Jose P You are better than this :selena:

leave it ...somepeople don't /won't try understand the facts 

Please be specific.

freebit

Honestly, with all those months of promo, and a hit lead, this is a bit underwhelming. Even with the chaos of the world, it seemed like she should have had at least went top 3. She's not completely unknown here. 

I guess at least the online pop world is loving her album. A Carly Rae/Kylie Minogue tea.

Peroxide555
On 4/1/2020 at 6:53 AM, tell me said:

Tragique

Good sis no it's not.

Dua isn't an established act in the states. Context is key here.

TortureMeOnReplay
3 hours ago, Deagan said:

She'll easily do much more than 60k worldwide, it's tenfold better than her debut album, she apparantly is new to the US public

60K is not tenfold better than her debut album lol. She did over 16,000 copies in the UK first week. Earlier in the discussion she was well-known in the U.S. with songs such as Electricity, One Kiss, New Rules, IDGAF, Be The One, and Blow Your Mind but now you wanna say she's new to the U.S.. You really cannot back your claims at all. I don't think anyone has said that Joanne outperformed ARTPOP. I'm pretty sure everyone so far has said that Joanne has performed well for the album it was. Which we also claimed was the case with C2C. If you want to compare success, look at Swan Song compared to ANY single from A Star is Born (Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, and I'll Never Love Again). You might try to say that A Star Is Born was a bigger movie than Alita, but Alita had a budget over 4x higher than ASIB and they both pulled comparable box office numbers. 

And honestly, I was hoping Dua was successful until you opened your big mouth and tried to compare her sales to Gaga's. 

Smith

Joanne didn't have fans waiting for months due to coronavirus, and let's be fair.. Joanne did not do "perfectly well".. hell, it flopped harder than ARTPOP. Nobody knows about Joanne except for maybe having streamed Million Reasons once after hearing it at the superbowl. I definitely do not wish a Joanne-type-era for Gaga..

So the real thing is, every Gaga fan here making fun of Dua's first week US numbers needs to scratch him/herself/themselves behind the ears, as FN will probably outsell Chromatica by far (WW and in the long run to be clear), unless that second single feat. Ari is going to pull Shallow/DSN numbers.

:lmao:

61Tr.gif

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

Smith
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Y’all are still here? :billie:

It's because @Deagan :billie:
Imagine if he used all this energy in making positive things not into posting some "opinion".

20 minutes ago, justhislife said:

60K is not tenfold better than her debut album lol. She did over 16,000 copies in the UK first week.

Earlier in the discussion she was well-known in the U.S. with songs such as Electricity, One Kiss, New Rules, IDGAF, Be The One, and Blow Your Mind but now you wanna say she's new to the U.S.. You really cannot back your claims at all.

I don't think anyone has said that Joanne outperformed ARTPOP. I'm pretty sure everyone so far has said that Joanne has performed well for the album it was. Which we also claimed was the case with C2C. If you want to compare success, look at Swan Song compared to ANY single from A Star is Born (Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, and I'll Never Love Again). You might try to say that A Star Is Born was a bigger movie than Alita, but Alita had a budget over 4x higher than ASIB and they both pulled comparable box office numbers. 

And honestly, I was hoping Dua was successful until you opened your big mouth and tried to compare her sales to Gaga's. 

60k US first week is tenfold better than her #86 billboard 200 debut. You just like being oppositional because you can, right? Do you actually want to divide it by 10? She's going to do much more than 60k WW. 

And yes, people have repeatedly claimed that Gaga (still) sells more albums (SPS) in the current environment than DL, which hasn't been the case since ARTPOP. (and maybe not even ARTPOP).

Not sure where you wanna go with your ASIB comparison (ASIB is great).
Dua IS successful.

Smith

(1) Lol. I thought that this was just a pop forum? People make mistakes (like randomly shouting 250k fake news), but I hardly feel like being ashamed for at least a month.

777.png

(2) Tell that to everyone else "making fun" of Dua's "numbers" (first page) and claiming Gaga's decision to postpone was smart ("and y'all thinking Dua Lipa could save pop music"). Those kind of statements trigger my "watch her outsell Gaga this year" side.

(3). Why do you even think the pandemic affected her release? I might have been confused regarding WW or US sales first week, but everyone else seems to be confused by claiming she was hurt by corona. She'll easily do much more than 60k worldwide, it's tenfold better than her debut album, she apparantly is new to the US public, and everyone is stuck inside streaming (and she is a streaming queen). Besides, nobody has the slightest clue how much Gaga will pull with a postponed album due to corona. Postponing the album with a not-really-clicking lead single will probably affect chromatica more than corona currently affects Dua as Gaga sells albums and Dua sells streams. All I wanted to say to those people making fun is not to laugh so hard until Chromatica numbers appear, because our fave might not do as well either. And for Chromatica's sake, let's hope that second single is a smash.

tumblr_o5g3mkdDiE1tw1vhco1_400.gif

I cant believe u still trying.

5 minutes ago, Smith said:

It's because @Deagan :billie:
Imagine if he used all this energy in making positive things not into posting some "opinion".

The positive: stop trying to make fun of Dua's first week US debut numbers, cuz as a Gaga fan you currently have nothing to laugh about.

8 minutes ago, Smith said:

:lmao:

61Tr.gif

Equally, nobody cares about your responses tagging me not saying anything either.

Fishing for an easy LMAO, I see.

Smith
2 hours ago, Deagan said:

even C2C (which sold an impressive 300k first week).

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
IM DEAD.

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived