đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

music news

HDD: Dua Lipa 55k

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo
8 minutes ago, justhislife said:

I really wish BB would stop with the BB Pro bs. Thank you for the data though. Dua really sold like 8,800 physical/digital copies.

2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

No no, then SL also sold less than 53k physical/digital copies. 

Anyway. Y'all wanna hang on a #5 debut with 53k sales and 20M US streams as a "hit" by Gaga... yet it is nowhere near the top 10 and, let's be fair, it won't ever get back up there. 

Not sure where the 8.8k number came from ...but DSN sold 14k first week and SL sold 53k first week. Its right there reported by Billboard. 

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lordgagx
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

The fact that every single post that user posted in here had incorrect numbers or false claims. And he also made that post about my thread being “fake news”. The pot calling the kettle black. Projection isn’t cute :heart: 

I could argue with numbers and facts all day though :heart: 

The only reason I came back to this thread is you with your FACTS. Keep them coming.

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

No no, then SL also sold less than 53k physical/digital copies. 

Anyway. Y'all wanna hang on a #5 debut with 53k sales and 20M US streams as a "hit" by Gaga... yet it is nowhere near the top 10 and, let's be fair, it won't ever get back up there. 

Sorry I did the math wrong lol. I meant she did 8,800 sales in STREAMS.

13.2million streams/1500 = 8800

Then her total sales of 14,000 minus the 8,800 sales from streams should equal her physical/digital sales right? So she did 5,200 digital/physical. 

Thank you for correcting me, so she actually had even lower physical/digital sales :billie:

TortureMeOnReplay
4 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Not sure where the 8.8k number came from ...but DSN sold 14k first week and SL sold 53k first week. Its right there reported by Billboard. 

I did make an error in that statement, my apologies. If she sold 14k total with 13.2M streams, that would equal 8,800 sales from streams right? Cause 1500 streams = 1 sale?

Arturo
Just now, justhislife said:

Sorry I did the math wrong lol. I meant she did 8,800 sales in STREAMS.

13.2million streams/1500 = 8800

Then her total sales of 14,000 minus the 8,800 sales from streams should equal her physical/digital sales right? So she did 5,200 digital/physical. 

Thank you for correcting me, so she actually had even lower physical/digital sales :billie:

The way it works for singles is /150

So DSN did 14k pure + 13.2m / 150 = 102,000 SPS first week

SL did 53k pure + 19.7m / 150 = 184,000 SPS first week

TortureMeOnReplay
2 minutes ago, Arturo said:

The way it works for singles is /150

So DSN did 14k pure + 13.2m / 150 = 102,000 SPS first week

SL did 53k pure + 19.7m / 150 = 184,000 SPS first week

Ah, also didn't know the 53k was pure! Thank you for correcting me.

Jose P

Omfg this is seriously exhausting. This guy really just won’t shut up.

Look @Deagan you seem to have a very warped perception of Dua Lipa’s fame. Dua is undeniably a very big artist, but she doesn’t have much power in the US. This predictions are not too far off, and you seem to be stuck on insisting that DSN was a big hit therefore the album will definitely sell more than 50k first week and even outsell Chromatica and that’s far from the truth. Gaga’s power in the US is much bigger than Dua’s. You insist SL was a flop, and yes it didn’t do as well as DSN absolutely, but it’s held its own. And PI did worse yet Joanne still pulled great numbers. Lead single success does not necessarily equate album success.

Dua will undeniably sell much more outside of the US. She’s just not as big as you think she is there. Her U.K. numbers will absolutely be impressive, they have to be, it’s the country where she has thrived the most, understandably.

At the end of the day, Gaga will promote her album when the era restarts and she will definitely do more than Dua. I don’t think she’ll pull record-breaking numbers, but she will do more for sure. Gaga is a strong album seller and she has more power in the US than Dua.

You should stop this, it’s embarrassing how you keep on refuting concrete facts and data to spin a fictional narrative. Enjoy the music regardless of how much it sells. HDD doesn’t have a secret agenda against Dua, nor the user who made this thread. Stop.

5 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Ok I’ll just @ you on tomorrow when the official Hot 100 update is out I guess. I’ll also @ you when when HDD posts the full Top 20 predictions so you’ll feel like more of a dumbass. 

Also much like everything else you’ve been saying your claim that “DSN single handedly outsold SL’s first three weeks last week” is very much untrue.

Last week DSN sold 10,000 copies and had around 17 million US streams. It is sitting pretty with 130 million airplay which contributes to approximately 163 chart points.

And how much did SL sell last week?

I mean, I see the difference between 3 - 5, 2 - 30 and 3 - 25, but now we're going to play a game on terminology. "sales" / "performance". If you're sitting at 130 mil airplay you ARE "outselling", but in fact, outperforming SL by far. 

Arturo
Just now, Deagan said:

And how much did SL sell last week?

I mean, I see the difference between 3 - 5, 2 - 30 and 3 - 25, but now we're going to play a game on terminology. "sales" / "performance". If you're sitting at 130 mil airplay you ARE "outselling", but in fact, outperforming SL by far. 

It sold 6,000. Clearly it sold less than DSN’s 10,000. No one claimed it sold more. But your claim that DSN’s last week outsold SL’s last 3 weeks alone is false much like everything else you said so you had to backtrack yet again and bring it down a notch.

Airplay audience is not considered “selling”. Billboard themselves only consider actual sales and streams converted into sales as units being sold.

TortureMeOnReplay
6 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Her U.K. numbers will absolutely be impressive, they have to be, it’s the country where she has thrived the most, understandably.

This sounds almost poetic :ally:

Regina George
32 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

Tell your fraudulent peep stan stop comparing SL chart performance to DSN’s then. Stupid Love peaked at no.5, and a radio top 20 hit so it deservedly to be called a hit. Not to mention, this is Gaga 6th lead single, she has lost “new” factors. Unlike miss Dua, who’s a new pop girl and got all advantages to have a hit.

Yall want to kiss Dua’s 50k ass as much as y’all want but discredit Gaga’s success to lift Dua up is going to be met with lashing. I never hated Dua. As matter of fact, I do hope she will pull better than this. As long as y’all don’t bring that “Dua outselling Gaga bullshit” cause if it doesn’t make sense to compare them 10 years ago it won’t make sense to compare them now.

:billie: take a chill pill love 

ThisGuyTony

The second hand embarrassment I have from reading some of the posts in this thread. :air: 

TWICE on hatius
Just now, Regina George said:

:billie: take a chill pill love 

As I said I had no propaganda against miss Peep. But lashing needs to be delivered. :vegas:  Fraudulent liddos needs to be exposed. :vegas:

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Regina George
Just now, OooooooO said:

As I said I had no propaganda against miss Peep. But lashing needs to be delivered. :vegas:  Fraudulent liddos needs to be exposed. :vegas:

I've been her fan for 10 years and I'm on GGD 4 years, you can't call me "fraudulent liddo" because I'm far from that. Only because I'm objective and don't support hate towards other pop girl doesn't mean I'm not a Gaga fan. I hope you don't have anything against her and it's Dua Lipa not Peep. 

1 minute ago, Arturo said:

It sold 6,000. Clearly it sold less than DSN’s 10,000. No one claimed it sold more. But your claim that DSN’s last week outsold SL’s last 3 weeks alone is false much like everything else you said so you had to backtrack yet again and bring it down a notch.

Airplay audience is not considered “selling”. Billboard themselves only consider actual sales and streams converted into sales as units being sold.

You're telling me the difference between #2 and #30 on BB100 is 4000 pure sales difference then? 

8 minutes ago, Jose P said:

she doesn’t have much power in the US (1). This predictions are not too far off, and you seem to be stuck on insisting that DSN was a big hit therefore the album will definitely sell more than 50k first week and even outsell Chromatica and that’s far from the truth (2). Gaga’s power in the US is much bigger than Dua’s.

Lead single success does not necessarily equate album success (3).

Dua will undeniably sell much more outside of the US. She’s just not as big as you think she is there (4).

She will definitely do more than Dua.  in the US (5)

Now you listen up. You complain about what I have to say yet don't seem to get it. Let me spell it out once more for you.

(1) I claim her power in the US is underrated, seeing as DSN has been floating around the top of the hot 100, doing better than SL. However many facts about actual US first week sales or streams I got wrong, DSN is doing better than SL, WW and in the US.

(2) You don't know what Chromatica will sell WW/US and neither do I. I definitely think it's a possibility that FN will outsell Chromatica, with my expectation being the album will outsell Chromatica WW for sure, and possibly even in the US (as her lead single is doing better in the US than Gaga's is right now).  Not just first week sales but in the long run. There is nothing anyone of you can do about that other than bookmarking me and then stuffing it in my face after a month of Chromatica being out. (after which I'll gladly admit I was wrong, or say "told ya").

(3) I beg to differ.

(4) Which was my point but people slammed me for even stating that Dua Lipa is outselling/performing (worldwide and in the US!) Gaga at this moment. I do think she's been bigger in the US than what most of you, and frankly also HDD, think though.

(5) You can think that. I'm not too sure (not just first week sales but long run).

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived