Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dua Lipa served what Gaga lacked

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Bobbins

Her new album 'Future Nostalgia' takes a throwback sound and makes it sound fresh and not dated. Her music videos have been visually stunning and professionally directed. And even though she isn't the best dancer, the choreography/dance breakdowns for her performances have done wonders for her stage presence.

This might be one of my last posts on here tbh. I'm tired of Gaga's ego and the ego of little monsters on here saying we can't critique her poor choices in her career. The BTW ghastly motorcycle album cover was a choice. The consistently poorly directed and edited music videos for Million Reasons, The Edge of Glory, Stupid Love (+ its cringe choreography) has also been a choice. The way she explained Chromatica in the Zane interview also made it sound like her trying to make a simple concept sound more complicated than it is. If I am being honest, I think Gaga has lost her drive and her creativity. The Babylon leak also sounds awful and dated.

I know a lot of you won't care and this thread will probably be closed, but Gaga did mean a lot to me when I was 13 years old. As a kid who has homophobic christian parents, living as an immigrant in the UK, trying to do well academically while struggling with my sexuality and my place in society - Gaga's music and art helped me a lot. But I am not that same uneducated 13 year old who would watch Gaga interviews and think she was a smart popstar because she used some fancy words. Or that she was different from other pop singers because she wrote socially conscious lyrics. Literally so MANY other pop artists in the mainstream do that now. 

The fact that she thinks Stupid Love is the best song on the album worries me the most because it shows how out of touch and oblivious her and her team are. The song is dropping like a rock on all streaming avenues (which is understandable because she released it even though snippets of it have been online since last year showing how incompetent her team are + it sounds dated, has an awful music video and has no replay value; the song honestly is noisy and jarring to listen to like Perfect Illusion). She wasted her ASIB hype and this Coronavirus epidemic is going to last for more than just a few months (especially considering how fast it is spreading in America and how **** America's healthcare system is) which will disrupt all plans for promo. 

Sorry but unless she pulls it around with a second single my stan card will be in jeopardy. She needs to learn from Dua Lipa and make music that is truly universal and fresh and isn't just catered towards queer fans (and a lot of queer fans reject her new music anyway and want her to go back to the TFM sound). She needs a  BRUTALLY honest focus group who will tell her what is good and what is awful/cringy on her new album. 

That's my peace there. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

This thread is gonna go very well :huntyga:

dynamite

Oh great another Dua Lipa comparison thread

edit: but I did just realise it's Friday here so FN is out :billie:

Regina George

You didn't lie but be ready for pressed monsters coming at you.. 

Stream Future Nostalgia everyone!

source.gif

Hades

I mean FN is AOTY but if you don't care about Gaga just

source.gif

No one's holding you.:enigma:

GypsyVida

You didn't lie about Dua but you did lie about Gaga

Stream COWBOY CARTER

FfFfFfFF

It's honestly just obvious you don't like Gaga anymore. It's better for you on a personal level to let it go and maybe leave this site.

Didymus

Dude. Future Nostalgia is not that good. It's well produced, yes, but it's more branding than anything else. If Katy (or even Gaga) released that exact same album it wouldn't be praised as much. The songs aren't that great on their own composition wise. Dua just has a massive momentum rn and that's selling the cakes for her. She has this effortless, unprovocative, easygoing vibe around her and people are more in love with that feeling surrounding her than the actual music. It's a trick. And it'll get old.

Trust me on this: in a couple of years no one will be talking about that album. It's not emotionally resonant enough and way too derivative sonically to be remembered. She's just lucky to be what the audience wants right now.

Anyway, if she's serving what Gaga isn't serving, then by all means, leave.

SHALLOW
7 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

The fact that she thinks Stupid Love is the best song on the album worries me the most because it shows how out of touch and oblivious her and her team are.

She never said that tho :triggered:

but i do agree SL just ain’t it :huntyga:

also, you mentioned some fails but sis, did you forget about ASIB? :ohwell: last year was a GREAT time to be a Gaga stan

A focus group you say? :ladyhaha: she ain’t no Katy Perry :ladyhaha:

Regina George
1 minute ago, Hades said:

I mean FN is AOTY 

Tea

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived